The Lighthouse Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$279
US$173
Groupon.com
Surf Motel(Marblehead)
US$95
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Clinton(Port Clinton)(Great Value!)
US$116
HIExpress.com
US$57
RodewayInn
Sleep Inn & Suites(Port Clinton)
US$93
US$90
US$95
Country Inn
Cedar Point's Express Hotel(Sandusky)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 July 2013

The hotel is nice but we were misinformed about some of the rooms. One instance, the room has a pull out sofa, come to find out you can't actually use it because it's too close to the bed.

My biggest concern with this place was one of the owner's attitude. I have never been treated so rudely. My best advice to you is, if you want to be judged, treated poorly and watched over constantly - stay here. If you want to go somewhere where you can just chill around the pool and enjoy people's company - go somewhere else!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
9  Thank 1stReviewEver_13
Reviewed 25 June 2013

It's your choice and your opinion.

I hired the resort to accommodate an event for our wedding and were utterly pleased with the outcome. The staff was awesome, Joe Faggionato was excellent in delivering what he said they would do for us. The service was outstanding. The food was exceptional! I cannot think anything other than the best and would recommend the resort to friends and family. As a matter of fact, we have.

Regards,

Chris

Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CJFLIP1
Reviewed 28 May 2013

When we first arrived we didn't like the smell of the place, it was funky, I guess that's what happens when the building is by the lake. The beds aren't very good. But there isn't any other hotels close by and we did end up enjoying the stay. ( P.S. Go to the Galley restaurant in town if you want so very good food!)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I attempted to make a reservation for my family. When I mentioned I had a service (medical alert) dog, the owner, Joe, refused to confirm my reservation, without documentation that my SD is a service dog. There is no such certification available and not required by the ADA. I told him it was against the law. His reply, "Get a lawyer."

Stayed: May 2013
9  Thank MilesVicki
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We stayed two days here to explore the peninsula and go to Kelley's Island on our way back home from New York. With a few exceptions there was a genuine lack of common courtesy in the whole town, including this old hotel. The lack of newness and comfort at the hotel could have been balanced by friendly service, but it was not.

During the stay we never did hear "Can I help you?" from the hotel staff or the local restaurants and watering holes. Their general attitude is cold and emotionless.

I went down for the 8:00 Saturday buffet breakfast and when I saw that they were not anywhere near ready at 8:15, I left. A simple statement of apology or recognition of my presence would have been fine, but it felt like I was intruding and not at all welcome. The desk staff seemed to be working through some paperwork and had no time for a greeting or reason for breakfast not being ready. They looked up at me for a second or two, said nothing and then went back to work.

Don't expect much in the way of rooms, comfort, or features. I have been to a few fishing resorts and this seemed to be on par with those.

The wealthy locals who come up to their retreats from Cleveland frequented the bar nightly and seemed to be OK with the service there.

As the title states, maybe the cold, rude culture of the area has a general effect on everybody, but for sure we were not made welcome at this hotel or in Marblehead, Ohio. We intend to avoid this area in the future and recommend seeking happiness elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family