“Marietta experience”

Hampton Inn Marietta
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Marietta
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Very nice, clean and friendly. Close to "downtown" Marietta.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 May 2012

This is the second time that my wife and I have stayed at the Hampton Inn in Marietta. Both times we were simply looking for a place to break up the drive from Cleveland to southern WV, and Marietta is basically the half-way point. I choose the Hampton Inn based on my familiarity with the chain, having staying in a few over the years, and from other TA reviews. Overall, the Hampton Inn in Marietta bet my expectations and filled the exact need that we had, namely a convenient, clean and no too expensive place to stay the night.

A few observations:

Check-in was a breeze. I had made a reservation, just to make sure that we had a place to, and that worked out for us as we were well behind schedule, not arriving until midnight. But the young man at the front desk was waiting on us and we were signed in very quickly and off to our room.

The room was perfect. Clean and comfortable. We had a king bed. I think we were on the side of the hotel facing the interstate, but could not hear anything, so no issues there.

The free breakfast was, well, free, but that is about all I can say for it. The fresh fruit was looking a little poor. But there was bagels and cereal, so enough to get the day started.

The business center was adequate. It had two computers and printers. The internet access was fast. The keyboard was a little sticky (OK, could have been the operator). But it was enough to catch up on a few urgent emails.

While I did not have time to use the fitness center, I did peak in. Looked nice with several machines (three treadmills at least). There was also an indoor pool.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank OhioHick
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Clean and spacious bedrooms - comfortable bed! Typical Hampton Inn amenities.
Staff were very friendly, polite and helpful. Lobby and public areas clean and well cared for.
Breakfast area was clean and the food was freshly prepared and the food that should be hot was hot! Good variety of pastries and breads.
Good location just off highway and close to downtown.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2012

I had to stay here for business recently. The check in was very quick and the fresh baked chocolate chip cookies were a nice greeting. The room was nice and clean, wifi connection was free and easy. The complimentary hot breakfast offered many selections. Overall a very good stay. I will stay again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2012

My family recently stayed in Marietta again & we always choose a Hilton chain over any other. This Hampton is in great condition. They updated their bathrooms late 2011 and they look amazing compared to before! I spoke with a manager & he said they are re-doing the lobby & breakfast area too. I look forward to seeing it completed. I must say the whole staff there is upbeat, helpful, & so friendly that I would not stay anywhere else. The hotel is well maintained and always has a clean atmosphere. I can tell the staff love their job and the company actually puts money back into the hotel unlike the surrounding competition.

Room Tip: Light sleepers go to the top floor and away from the highway. Families do best on the first floor es...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank FullofLifeFrenchy
Reviewed 28 November 2011

We come to Marietta a lot on the way to visit family. It's a handy stopping-off point. This hotel never disappoints. The rooms are clean and well-maintained, and the free breakfast is always excellent. The staff are unfailingly polite and helpful. We always choose to stay here and have not been disappointed yet.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2011

This Hampton Inn location does not disappoint. The rooms are spacious and beds and linens comfy. We were here with a large group. The kids loved the pool too. Breakfast had many options and the staff were on top of things in the morning rush. We used the common room for a late afternoon get together. The staff always have cookies for you too. A nice place to stay in Marietta and very good if you travel with children. Too bad this is not closer to town.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends