“Beautiful hotel for a road weary couple”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Hackett Hotel

The Hackett Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Marietta B&B and Inns
Langenhagen, Germany
“Beautiful hotel for a road weary couple”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

We were planning to stay at another hotel but it was a bit musty and old. After showing us a room we immediately booked. It was tastefully decorated and very well appointed. My husband and I ate dinner and listened to the band. The beer options in the attached bar were large and perfect for people who appreciate micro breweries. We will definitely return as it is a midway stopping point on our long, oft made journey to see family. Great accommodations!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank NanCharlotte_NC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Cleveland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

You'd never guess such a fine hotel is in Marietta but if you can handle the two flights of stairs, this the THE place to stay! The Galley restaurant and bar are on the first floor and while the bar is spacious, the outdoor patio is pretty darn nice.
If you like old style but with modern convenience, The Hackett is your kinda place. It has been totally gutted and renovated back to Victorian times but with plenty of hot water. Cost is $100/night during the week and $30 more on weekends.

Room Tip: One huge suite but no room is small.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank cmhitch
Sandusky, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

The Hackett Hotel is indeed small - it consists of just 5 rooms - but it is definitely very big on comfort, cleanliness, convenience & class! The rooms are well appointed, the staff is friendly & helpful, and the location is perfect - in easy walking distance of the charming shops & restaurants of downtown Marietta. Sure, it's unconventional - you check in with a girl with a laptop at the bar of The Galley restaurant & then climb stairs so steep you'd swear you're on an Everest trek...but what awaits you at the summit is truly worth the vertical hike. Love the Confluence Room (guest lounge) with the nice selection of continental breakfast items & shared refrigerator. Would most definitely stay here again in a heartbeat & would pay the extra $$ to stay in the Riley Room - that looks amazing! Highly recommend this hotel!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank jenlipp91
Wheeling, West Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Sorry this review is overdue as we stayed in November of 2013. Went to see a musical act in the venue below the several intimate & unique hotel rooms on the upper floors. Really charming, clean & fun stay!There is a central sitting area with various munchies & breakfast items 7 the guestrooms each have their own decor. really great stay! The music at the Adelphia & the food & drinks were also first rate & all in one location!! Thanks & will stay again!

Room Tip: We went big & got the most deluxe room...well worth it in our minds!!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rosemary H
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

My wife and I stayed in the Hackett while visiting family in Marietta. The rooms are very charming with classic touches and modern amenities. Although it is situated about the The Adelphia which has live music, the room was quiet. The common room (secured from the restaurant) that is shared by the guest rooms has a small kitchen with snacks, drinks and coffee for guests. We will stay there again.

The bonus, is the jokes you can tell locals about your last stay there under previous ownership.

NOTE: The rooms are on the 3rd floor, and guest must climb ~40 steps to get to the rooms.

Room Tip: Our room was at the end of the hall. We thought the further back in the hotel the better - for nois...
Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank dbier
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

The Hackett was a fantastic get away, even though I was staying there for work! I expected old & drab, but I was surprised to find a beautifully renovated building with a charming mix of old and new furniture and decor.

Check-in is through the restaurant downstairs and the staff there was fantastic - very welcoming! I felt bad, though, checking in during lunch and having to take their time.

Upon check-in, the manager explained the hotel and I was so happy to know that although the restaurant wasn't open for breakfast, they stock the common area of the hotel with snacks and drinks for all guests. So, I was able to grab some fruit for my breakfast. (A side note: this room has a great couch, tv, and huge round table with chairs. It would be a perfect place to meet with clients for a change of pace!)

Although there is a very steep stairwell to the hotel portion of the building on the 3rd floor, it was well worth the climb! I could see why others on Trip Advisor had mentioned the steps. They would be very difficult for persons with disabilities.

Speaking with my clients in town, they recommended The Galley for dinner, the restaurant downstairs. The food was delicious and the decor was just as charming as the hotel. My waitress even let me look in the music room next door. Apparently they have entertainment every week. Too bad I wasn't there for it.

My overall trip was great! I was so impressed with the facility and the people. I would definitely be back for both business and leisure travel.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BizzyB1111
North Ridgeville, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

My husband and I take frequent overnight motorcycle trips down to southern Ohio and have stayed in several hotels in Athens, Marietta, and Parkersburg. The Hackett is now our new go to place. The hotel is really nice and very unique. Our room was beautiful with modern amenities but with a historical flair. The bathroom is super nice, new and clean. The space had great 12 ft. ceilings and the bed was very comfortable. Came with a Samsung flat screen.

The common area is just really cool. Again modern with charm. Fridge was fully stocked with water, juices and pop (soda). Also had some coffee, snacks and fruit. This hotel would be really great with multiple guests on the same excursion. I can see why the bachelorette party in another review would enjoy it so much.

When I was booking the room, I was a bit concerned that the nightclub below would be loud and keep us up but we didn’t hear a thing! It was very quiet.

We also ate at the Galley and the food was fabulous. I had the filet and my husband had the strip and they were both really delicious and fairly priced. They had a nice selection of beer on draft and we did two samplers (5 each) so we could try out some different beers.

Finally, who knew Marietta could be so cute? We took a walk around the town and it was really quite a neat place. I had always stayed on the other side of Marietta (circa 1970s I think) and was so unimpressed. I had no idea that this area was so inviting.

Love this place. We will be back.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Nahum Ward room.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marietta
The Lafayette
The Blennerhassett Hotel
#2 of 10 in Parkersburg
BEST WESTERN PLUS Marietta Hotel
Fairfield Inn & Suites Marietta

Been to The Hackett Hotel? Share your experiences!