My sisters, a friend and I went to visit Marietta, Oh and decided to stay at the Lafayette. So glad we did, it was a beautiful old hotel. It was very clean and well kept for its age. With lots of old furniture, which I would call antiques, and a lot of history and stories to go with it. Yes the furniture might smell musty and the carpet looks worn, but the stories that place could probably tell... It has been flooded at least 3 times. Our room was on the river side and I never really heard too much noise. That was even with a wedding reception being held there and a lot of their guest staying there. We stayed on the 3rd floor, which if you know the history you know what I am talking about, but all was good. It was well worth the stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lafayette Hotel offers a delicate blend of the past and present. Decorated in exquisite Victorian riverboat era furnishing. Enjoy a great meal in the legendary Gunroom Restaurant or in the Riverview Lounge. Just outside awaits beautiful Marietta and all it's Museums & Downtown shops. A stay at the Lafayette is one of the surest ways to travel back in time, to an era when riverboats ruled the waterways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HRS so you can book your The Lafayette reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lafayette Hotel Marietta
- Lafayette Hotel Marietta
- The Lafayette Marietta, Ohio