“Burn and serve”

Ranked #43 of 111 Restaurants in Marion
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 March 2012

The last 4 times we ate at this restaurant my food was burnt. Surely part of the reason it took so long to receive our food after ordering. On the most recent visit 3 of our 4 meals were incorrect. Brought to us different than we ordered them. On another visit a manager came out and yelled at us for having too many drinks on the table. Prices are way too high for the exceedingly poor quality food and service.

There are newer reviews for Applebee's

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Applebees is and always has been one of my favorite places to catch a quick bite for a good price. I went there last Wednesday(1-25-12) with my partner and his parents. They have a 14 minute guarantee during lunch hours if you order off the lunch menu (food is out to your table in 14 mins. or it's free)
Our food was not out in time and we brought it up to the manager who actually wanted to argue with us about the time. (my boyfriend's dad answered a call AFTER we ordered the meal and finished the conversation just before the food arrived and that was 22 minutes!) This (male ~ and I wish I knew his name) manager actually said "did you have a stop watch out!!!)
What jerk no i did not have a stop watch out but I can tell the difference between 14 minutes and 22. This on top of the fact that people who were seated after us received there food before our table. AND a couple seated directly across from us that was seated at the same time as us received their lunch menu items late as well! I was not wanting to get ANYTHING free I just wanted to inform him. Then he suggested that "I could take a couple of things off of your ticket" so I was grateful that he FINALLY stopped arguing with me about the time. When I got the ticket he took 1 item off of my ticket. ONE... I dont know about anyone else but a couple is two! when you see a couple of chairs you think of how many???....hummm... MORE THAN 1. when you are in a relationship they call you a what???... OH that right a couple because their are TWO of you. I just paid the bill and left a $6 tip for the waitress (assuming she doesn't control how fast the food is cooked) and left before I said or did something I would regret!
The Applebees in Mansfield, Ohio and Columbus, Ohio have excellent staff. I would skip past this place until they can train their staff members well.

Reviewed 9 September 2011

We were greeted and then sent to the bar to order. They were very nice and bought us water while we waited. When we arrived at the hotel we found the food was excellent.

Reviewed 4 February 2008

We went there to eat at 2pm on a Monday. Apparently our mistake. The wait staff was either not interested in waiting on us or just lazy.

We ordered BBQ wings for an appetizer. They were pretty good, sauce was good and the meat tender. For our meal I ordered BBQ riblets. They were dry, hard to eat and burnt in places. It truly looked like they took them out of yesterdays food and put BBQ sauce on them for today. My partner ordered a 9oz house steak, medium well done, baked potato and cheezy mac. The steak was done as ordered and she said it was really tasty but it was burnt on one side and had to have about an eighth of the meat cut off that was burnt. The baked potato was great but the cheezy mac was not exactly Kraft quality!

We would try to eat there again but only if that is where someone else wanted to eat and it was toward the end of the week maybe.

1  Thank teribabi