“Ups and Downs”

Ranked #42 of 61 Restaurants in Marysville
Chicago, Illinois
“Ups and Downs”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I met my brother and his wife for breakfast. It was a Sunday morning so we expected a wait which was about 20 minutes. We were seated at our table and waited a while for our server to greet us. She apologized for the delay and took our drink order. She was prompt in bringing our drinks but said she would have to come back to take our order. We waited a few more minutes and she came back and took our order.

We waited much longer than normal for our food, I estimate at least a half hour. Thankfully for us, we were visiting, otherwise it would have felt like a really long time. Our food arrived and then the server brought us some ketchup and drink refills. I ordered the fried mush breakfast, which I have been ordering at Bob Evans for over 40 years so I know what it is supposed to be like. It was so overcooked and dried out that it was curled up like a corkscrew. It should be flat on the plate, so it definitely was not good. My wife and I both ordered sausage patties. They were completely black/burnt/charred on one side and hard, and should not have been served. Usually I would say the food at Bob Evans is above average. Both of these issues took it down to average today, along with the extra long wait times.

Our other items, hashbrowns, eggs and French toast were good. The restaurant appeared clean and the landscaping outside is beautiful.

Columbus, Ohio
“Make sure you have LOTS of time!”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Staff is friendly, food is typical of Bob Evans. We usually get breakfast items, and they are fresh and usually done properly. Have gotten meatloaf, chicken, etc. and it tastes good. Nothing new and spectacular but what you would expect. Our issue with this place is that the service is the slowest in town. Without exception. Time of day doesn't matter, number of people in the restaurant doesn't matter. Fine for the retired crowd out to socialize, but not good for families with other agenda items for the day/night.

• Visited September 2013
Marysville, Ohio
“Bad Service and Microwaved Food”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Seriously. My Grandmother loves this place because the food is salty, overcooked and bland. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I applaud her for it. But unless you are with your Grandmother, go somewhere else. The turkey dinner is great for a Sunday after you go to church with her, because, I mean, well ... turkey dinner...

• Visited July 2013
Jackson, Michigan
“Always a Gold Standard!!”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Stopped in late--after 9--and still got great service and they cooked my sandwich "special" to suit,

Visited June 2013
marion ohio
“great food”
Reviewed 2 March 2013

The food at Bob Evans is great .Love there dinner. The workers are very nice you ask for little extra to be done no complaining .. Love that I love there cho. pies my favorite dessert all together.

Visited February 2013