“Great experience”

Hampton Inn Cincinnati - Kings Island
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Mason
Reviewed 22 July 2013

General Manager Megan was awesome! The room was clean along with the bathroom. Kids enjoyed the pool and breakfast was great! We will definitely recommend this hotel to others and we will stay again when we make our yearly trip to Kings Island.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Our first summer vacation in a hotel. It's nice to find a Hampton close to your vacation destination to make your stay easier and less stressful. The staff is always friendly and helpful if you have questions. They can recommend great local restaurants and give you easy directions to your destination. I am glad that I am part of the Hampton family and will always recommend them to my family and friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I was a little hesitant as it looks like an older style Hampton Inn from the outside but on the inside it has been completely remodeled and great detail given to the rooms. I was also worried that a hotel next to an amusement park would be dirty but this was cleaner than other hotels that I had higher expectations of. Rooms were equipped with an end wall desk and had several places to plug your multiple mobile devices in to charge. (typically I have to unplug every lamp in a hotel room to charge our family's devices but here they have equipped the room very well.) Breakfast was very well stocked and the staff kept it full even towards the end of the breakfast time which was impressive vs. other experiences. I rated this hotel 5/5 stars; however, it is not a 5 star hotel, but performs as though it could be one. Felt very safe in all areas of the parking lot as well and it appeared to be very full of families but we slept at night without any interruptions of noise. We were on the 3rd floor which is the top so I cannot attest to the other noise levels from the other floors.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We decided to drive over to the area and stay the night to get a good night rest before going to the amusement park the next day. We checked in around 3:30pm and were given a room on the 2nd floor of the hotel room 235, on the back end of the building. The hotel is near a "Beach Park" that I believe to be some type of small waterpark.

At about 8:30 as we were settling in for the night and heard some loud music that appeared to be coming from the parking lot. We gave it a little time thinking it would go away but it did not. When I called the front desk I was told it was the Beach Park and they would be playing this loud music until 11pm. I was not offered another room to move to. We had to turn up the air conditioning and the TV in an attempt to block the noise. It was a very loud "boom" type music that all we heard was boom, boom-boom, boom over and over again. No restful night sleep for us.

At 11:15 I was still awake listening to the "BOOM" music and I called the front desk again, apparently the first person I spoke with told me the wrong time, the party was going until 11:30pm. The music did stop at 11:30 and finally we were able to start to relax but we did get a lot less rest than planned.

This hotel needs a remodel. There were LCD TV's but I think that is the only update that has been made to the rooms in quite some time. The hotel is dated there were snags in the carpet of our room, and the bathroom is in need of a remodel, the tub made a crackling noise when you stood in it for a shower. There also was a huge cobweb in the corner of our room that appeared to have been there a while.

Upon checking out I asked to speak with someone about the noise. They were apologetic but acted as if there was nothing they could do about it. Now there are at least 3 other hotels close to this "Beach Park" I really think they could get something done if they acted together and approached their city council about it.

My room rate was $149/night (definitely too high even with a quiet night's sleep). I asked them to take 50% off my room rate since I basically got about 50% of the rest I would have gotten. I explained to the person at the front desk that I called the front desk about this early on and was not given the opportunity to switch to another room. She said there were no other rooms to move us to. I find it hard to believe we were the only ones that complained of the annoying music.

The gave me $20 off my bill and apologized that is all for my terrible evening.

Tuesdays are the "party" night at the Beach club so be very cautious booking on a Tuesday and I would even call the hotel first and ask if there are any events going on at the "Beach Park" that will have loud music.

This hotel at best is worth about $99/night in my opinion. I have stayed at numerous levels of hotels from Hilton and Marriott and this does not meet their standards. This is more of a Motel 8 quality hotel (and some Motel 8's are probably much newer and nicer)

Room Tip: If you stay on Tuesday take ear plugs with you, and those probably won't help any.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Ritesh P, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati - Kings Island, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2013

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I understand that you were disappointed regarding the loud music coming from The Beach Waterpark. I sincerely apologize if this caused you any inconvenience and because of the music, you and your family had an unpleasant stay. Guest comfort is our main concern and I assure you that we are currently discussing different options to prevent this from happening in the future. Your feedback is truly appreciated as it is one of the most important tools that allow us to improve the quality of our products and services. All of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action. In the meantime, if I can assist you further, certainly let me know. Thank you again for your review.

Hampton Inn - Kings Island
Ritesh.Patel3@hilton.com

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Very nice place. It was remodeled about a year ago and Hampton Inn's standards are so high, they'll be doing even more work, according to a maintenance man there (replacing the carpet and the wallpaper, which looked practically new to us). Everything worked fine, nice place in a great location (Waffle House next door, a plus for us), and the staff was VERY friendly.

We went for a swim in the indoor pool to cool off and the water was actually heated - wonderful. One thing - there is no hot tub, so you'll have to make do with a warm swim.

Highly recommended, and 5 minutes away from King's Island.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Bill A
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Caulking around tub is falling out. Tub and slip matt was dirty. Room had a musty odor. I would not recommend this Hotel location. We’ve experience comfortable, clean stays at other Hampton inns across the country. I think we will try another HI location on our next travel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ritesh P, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati - Kings Island, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

First off, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience that your room caused you during your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Kings Island. Our entire staff prides themselves on providing every guest the best possible experience during their stay with us. All of our rooms are double checked by our head housekeeper every time they are cleaned to ensure a high quality of cleanliness is being followed. If you would have contacted the front desk, they would have done everything they could to ensure you got moved into a clean room. Your valuable feedback will be passed to the head housekeeper to ensure that this does not happen again.

We would love to have you come back and stay with us again so we can show you that your recent stay is not typical of our company standards. We hope you give us another try when you are in the Mason area again.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Hampton Inns are normally pleasant and a good value. But this hotel is just a bit gross. Hallways that smell like smoke (apparently some rooms are ok to smoke in), outdated carpet, bathtub with rust stains, overall just not that clean. I feel uncomfortable going to sleep here! I would just keep driving!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Ritesh P, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Cincinnati - Kings Island, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay in the area and we apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced. Unclean rooms are not typical at our hotel and we appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We will make every effort to ensure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards and that our guests are 100% satisfied with their stay.

Again, I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope that next time you are in town, you give us another opportunity to provide you with the exceptional service you deserve. Thank you once again for your comments.