“A Nice Place to Stay”

Hampton Inn Cincinnati - Kings Island
Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Mason
“A Nice Place to Stay”
Reviewed 17 July 2004

We almost didn't stay there after reading the negative reviews, but what we found was that the staff was very friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean and spacious, the pool was great, and we felt very safe during our three day stay (7-8/7-10).

• Stayed July 2004
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Reviewed 4 June 2004

Stay away!! The staff was the ruddest I have ever experienced. Cars were broken into, three, while we were there. All the staff did was laugh about it and say it happens all the time. Did not happen to my car though, lucky. Asking for additional anything was met with , "you get what come in the room anything extra come with an additional charge". This was for an additional towel. If you can stay at another place I would encourage it.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 4 January 2004

The room was fine and the breakfast lady kept the breakfast bar well stocked with a smile. That was the only smile, that I noticed. We arrived at 12 noon on 6/24. We hoped for a room but none were cleaned yet. We asked about the discount Kings Island tickets as advertised but they don't do that anymore. After having fun with Scooby Doo in Kings Island, we went back to the hotel. They gave us a room right over the swimming pool. LOUD!!! We later went down to the pool. The teenagers were rude to the little kids and others. The front desk and management were almost invisiable. I hope Hampton Inc looks at the staff at this location. The breakfast lady is the only one with customer service knowledge...Let her manage it.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 June 2003

This past weekend (6/20-6/22) I was at the Hampton Inn - Kings Island.
The rooms were pretty nice and clean. The courtesy towards the guests on the other hand was not even present. That Saturday morning we went to our cars to leave for Kings Island and when I got to my car I found that my sunroof had been shattered and everything in my car was stolen.
Trying to get a phone number for the local police seemed to be a chore that even the front desk couldn't tackle. No offer of any assistance to help me clean up my car was offered. I understand that there was a sign posted in the back lot saying "Park at your own risk," but a little bit of concern would have been appreciated. Seeing as the hotel couldn't lend me a vacuum to clean out some of the glass in my car I asked if there were any car washes nearby where i could us a pay vacuum. I guess all of the employees were from out of town just like me because they couldn't tell me where to find one. There is a lot more I can say, but I believe this is enough information to get the point across. If you choose to stay at the Hampton Inn - Kings Island all I can say is Stay at your own risk and don't park in the back lot.

17 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 June 2003

The actual hotel room was nice. However that was the only nice thing.
Cars were vandalized in the parking lot with nearly $2500 worth of damage done to one of them. The staff was rude and arrogant and did absolutly nothing to help us in any way and on top of all this, they messed up our bill and charged us an extra $140 on our final bill. The hotel has taken no action on improving security on the property nor do they plan to and when the staff was confronted about this, their response was "this stuff happens." This hotel was a disgrace to the Hampton Inn chain.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member