“Very Nice Hotel, enjoyed our night!”

Hyatt Place Cincinnati-Northeast
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Mason
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 July 2011

My wife, son, and I stayed at the Hyatt Place in June 2011 for one evening, before heading home the next day from an overnight getaway. We made sure that we got to the hotel early enough to use the pool with our 18 month old. It was nice, good temperature, but noisy, like most enclosed hotel pools. I love staying in Hyatt Place's in general, they have awesome beds and nice sized rooms with a big flat screen TV. This room did nothing to change my feelings about Hyatt Place. I still seek them out if I'm traveling somewhere for a trip. The breakfast area can get really crowded late in the morning, so best to go early! Staff was very friendly and helpful. We ordered a pizza, and they told us they would come get us at the pool when it arrived! Very cool!

Room Tip: Book early at this hotel for best room. It's proximity to Kings Island makes it very busy in the...

Reviewed 18 July 2011

We did the ride and roar package for our family vacation. When I tried to book online the system wouldn't work so I had to call central reservations to book our stay. Everything seemed to go okay until the employee stole my credit card number and committed identity theft. I work for the bank and it wasn't hard to trace back. After having a huge headache stopping over $900.00 in fraudulent charges, I was referred to the consumer affairs department of the Hyatt. After receiving several excuses as to how all of this must be my fault and not the Hyatt's, I had to threaten legal action to get them to investigate. I was assured that they would keep in touch throughout the entire process. This was more then 4 weeks ago and I have never heard back or had any of my phone calls or emails returned. Then we arrive at the hotel to check in (only because it was the last place with availability for that package) and I am asked for a card to check in. I asked the gentleman at the front desk if they would run my card then or if they would run in on check out. He assured me that nothing would be run until check out, but that was a lie. The total of our two rooms was 730.26 including tax, my bank card was charged over $975 in multiple transactions from the day of check in through 4 days after check out even though I had a zero balance statement when I checked out. This incurred $139.00 in over draft fees on my account that the hotel is refusing to acknowledge. Unless you want to fraud committed against you and have a hotel ruin your vacation DO NOT STAY AT A HYATT!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank chrissi119
Reviewed 29 June 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights while visiting Kings Island. The location was close to the park and is located near many restraunts. The staff was wonderful and couldn't have been more attentive.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 27 June 2011

I guess I expected more from a Hyatt hotel. First the good. The location is great. It's close to Kings Island and plenty of good eating spots. The staff were friendly. The bad. I killed two insects. One bit me behind the knee. The fridge didn't work properly. I have young children, and was unable to keep their drinks and snacks cooled. The restroom is pretty small. You can pretty much hear every conversation occuring in the hallways, and doors slamming. The pool is not very enticing. It is hot, muggy, and plain (a gigantic jacuzzi). A continental breakfast is provided. Nice, however there are no hot items, and it tends to get really crowded during that time. If you have young children, bring a laptop with movies. The cable is very limited, and there is a fee to watch certain programs. If certain adjustments were made, this could be a good hotel.

5  Thank Timber79
Reviewed 24 June 2011

Full disclosure: I am a Hilton guy. I am as loyal to the brand as they come. It is very rare when I stay outside of that chain. On this trip, another member booked this based on the suggestion list from the company we visited. It was a good opportunity to compare the amenities between the comparable Hilton brand hotels and the Hyatt Place. Even with my loyalty, I think you fill find my review objective.

I feel that the Hyatt Place is in the category closest to the Hampton Inn and next closest to the Hilton Garden Inn. I found the check in process to be quick and easy. Their front desk does not have the usual ‘front desk’ feel as it is combined with a desert counter and small bar which is a nice addition to this category hotel. Being able to have a cold beer or two is a nice offering! I was given a handicap accessible room but my colleague said the layout is nearly identical except for the shower area. The room was clean and roomy. I found the walls to be a little thin in the area of the conjoining room door.

The bed is better than a Hilton Garden Inn, comparable to an Embassy Suites but not as comfortable as a Hampton or Hilton bed. I very much prefer the clean, white duvet used at the Hamptons to the traditional dark, reused bedspread that every news team has done stories on about cleanliness that they have at the Hyatt. I did sleep very well though. The TV was HUGE and I really like the AV center on the wall near the TV. You can plug just about anything into it and have it easily show on the TV. 5 stars for this amenity! I am a guy that spends 150 nights a year in hotels and being able to plug your laptop in to watch Netflix would be a great extra for me! I was not a fan of the shampoo provided but did like the free toothpaste.

The breakfast was just OK for me. There was a lack of hot foods probably because they have menu items such as omelets and eggs for purchase at the Hyatt place. Hot oatmeal was the only hot food option for us. I managed to find the usual spread of yogurt and fruit and cereal that I needed though. I took a look into the pool. It is average in size and the room was humid telling me that the pool was heated nicely. The fitness area was pretty small but the quality of equipment was high. 2 treadmills, 1 elliptical and one recumbent bike. All equipment at this property was by Life Fitness. No weights, mats or fitballs that you would find in a Hampton. I work out in the evening so did not compete for machines but I imagine in the morning it would be a full house all of the time given the supply and demand.

Overall, I would certainly consider staying at a Hyatt Place again as well as this hotel. I give this property 3 stars because I think it is just lacking enough here and there compared to the Hilton chains which I would give 4 or 5 stars to. Certainly, for the price and the location to King’s Island, this is a worthy hotel to consider especially for families.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2011

This was by far one of the best hotel experiences of my time. I would go back in a heartbeat. The staff of the hotel (even the maintenance fella -- oh, I cannot remember his name!) were so friendly and helpful to us. We were greeted each time we walked in with a friendly face.

Hotel is perfect for those visiting Kings Island. There is an ice cream shop that you can walk to across the way.

Clean hotel. Free breakfast was delightful - fresh and many choices. Room was clean and welcoming. Beds were comfy as can be!

Pool area was very clean and well kept.

I could not ask for more! Well worth the money for the room -- we even ended up staying an extra night! :)

Room Tip: Call for the best rate.
1  Thank trazpup
Reviewed 15 June 2011

We stayed here after a day of fun at Kings Island. Hotel is within a few minutes drive from the park. One word...awesome! The rooms were very large with a large sofa sleeper upon entering, a work desk & mini-kitchenette area. Beds were very comfortable, nice vanity area. The complimentary breakfast options were plentiful, with the option of ordering hot plate items at an additional charge. Beautiful hotel, would definitely return.