“Nice rooms. More functionality needed”

Hyatt Place Cincinnati-Northeast
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Mason
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Nice rooms. More functionality needed”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Nice location. Nice room and breakfast buffet. Great TV. However, this Hyatt place concept is not meant for functionality. No outlets near the beds. No USB out lets. Pillows look great buy become flat. Marginal hot water between 6-7 am. Lights in bathroom and toilet area are week. Even at the front desk, lighting is so low that can see anything. Need miner lights.

Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Bo H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Cincinnati-Northeast, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dfeiwell,

Thank you for taking time to comment about your stay at the Hyatt Place Cincinnati Northeast. I apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. Please know that I have looked at your comments and will take care of any items that I can to improve the guest rooms. I will have my engineer test the hot water heater during peak times as this hotel usually has a great supply of hot water. I will also ensure that we are inspecting the pillows in the rooms for wear and replace as needed. Again I apologize about your experience and hope you chose to stay with us again next time you are in Cincinnati.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My wife and I Pricelined this hotel for a night in May 2013, and loved it. The decor was fresh and modern and the staff was friendly. We didn't spend too much time in the hotel, but we enjoyed the time that we did spend here. Breakfast was good. Some of the items were out of stock, but this might have had more to do with the team of high school lacrosse players who arrived right before us. They came hungry!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Ohjb,

Thank you very much for your business. I am glad that you enjoyed your experience and I will make sure to share your comments with my staff. We hope to see you again next time you are in Cincinnati!!
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 8 August 2013

When you stay in hotels a lot, you never know what to expect. Well Hyatt exceeded our expectations. The lobby is warm, inviting, and beautifully decorated when you walk in. The staff is friendly and they got us checked in quickly. I never expected our room to look like an apartment, but it was close to it. We had a king size bed and a queen sleeper sofa. The room looks brand new, and the bathroom is large and clean. The bed was very comfortable, and at one point I laid on it to wait for my kids to get ready, and I passed out!! There was a 42" flat screen tv on the wall, but we never got a chance to watch it. It is a 10-15 minute drive to King's Island, which is what we were in town for. The hotel served a free hot breakfast in the morning, and offered numerous options for diners. They also have a business center that is free to use and print from. There isn't much to do in the area other than the theme park, but I will definitely choose Hyatt again in the future if they are all like this!

Room Tip: If you book a Double Queen room with a sleeper sofa, arrive early to check in. We arrived late at n...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Bo H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Cincinnati-Northeast, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Travelgirl L,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Cincinnati Northeast. I will make sure to share your positive comments with my staff. I do apologize that we were unable to give you your requested room type. We hope you stay with us again next time you are in Mason!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We spent one night here so we could enjoy the nearby amusement park (King's Island) for 2 days. We had 2 full beds and a sleeper sofa, and we were so happy that the hotel and room looked JUST LIKE the pictures online! Modern luxury decor throughout the hotel, lots of living space in the room, seating area separate from the beds and the TV could be swiveled and viewed from either location. The staff members were very friendly, helpful, and professional. No problems checking in or out, rooms were very clean, breakfast was good. The pool was a little small, and no hot tub that I saw, but we weren't there to swim anyway (the amusement park included a water park). Great value for the money.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
KJM688,

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Hyatt Place in Mason Ohio. I will make sure to share your comments with my staff and we look forward to your next stay with us.
richmond va
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Motel/hotel choices that the soccer travel teams make are mostly hit or miss. What a delightful surprise this hotel was. Super comfortable beds. Spacious room and bathrooms. Refrigerators. Large sectional sofa with chaise lounge in the sitting area. Free hot and delicious breakfast provided. Multiple charging stations. Great location. Next door to Graeter's......best ice cream on the planet.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
cracklin,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with the Hyatt Place Mason Ohio. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I will make sure to share your positive comments with my staff. We looked forward to your next stay with us!!
Lebanon, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Rooms were nice. Breakfast was good. There was a noise problem while I was there - guests. The staff tried to control it but should have done more. You can borrow high-speed blow dryer and flat iron - just sign your name.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Bo H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Cincinnati-Northeast, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Morgan2010,

Thank you very much for your comments about your recent stay and the Hyatt Place Cincinnati Northeast. I truly apologize that my staff was unable to resolve the situation with the noisy guests next to your room. Please know that I will follow up with my staff to see what else could have been done, so that we can better handle these situations in the future. Again thank you for your business and we hope you choose us again next time you are in Cincinnati!
Washington DC
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We were here over the wknd for a wedding. Great room, great location, lots of restaurants and shops near by (strip mall area, Walmart, Panera, Walgreens etc)- large room and a great value, nicely sectioned into workspace, bathroom area, bedroom area, swivel TV. VERY comfy beds, breakfast itself was very good, but seating area was too small and crowded on Sunday @ 8am. Fitness room was clean and fairly large for a hotel gym and water/towels available. No free weights, just cardio. Would suggest more towel hanging hooks/bars in the room. However at the end the biggest negative was there was a remark on our bill that "Customer is extremely demanding" and we obviously inquired at checkout! They apologized and said it was from the reservations desk not about us but whomever made the reservation...another family member had made the reservation and perhaps this was somewhat true but don't put your personal notes on a customer's bill. Argh! Would stay here again otherwise though.

Room Tip: away from elevator
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Bo H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Cincinnati-Northeast, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
Asha123,

Thank you very much for your comments about your recent stay with us. I will share your positive comments about the hotel with my staff. I wanted to also apologize for the comments you saw on your hotel folio upon checkout. Those comments most certainly did not come from my staff at the hotel. I want you to know that I have personally spoken with our reservations department about this and told then the comments were unacceptable and in poor taste. It is to my understanding that they are going to get in contact with you to apologize personally. I do hope to see you again next time you are in Cincinnati. Again, thank you for your business.