“Second time staying, showing a bit of wear but still great!”

Hyatt Place Cincinnati-Northeast
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Mason
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We stayed here a while back when we visited Kings Island for a few days. Almost an identical experience this time as it was back then except our little one is now a toddler and the hotel is starting to show some wear. The rooms are still nice but the carpets need an update. The pool was still nice but needed some maintenance on it. I was disappointed to find out they did not have an onsite self serve laundry. All of our clothes were wet from getting caught in the rain and they had nothing to help us except direct us to the Holiday Inn next door! Sending someone to your competition next door is never a good idea. They might want to look at adding a couple of washers and dryers. Beds were still really comfortable and the TV was great for hooking up our BluRay player and watching movies at night on. I do like the changing selection at breakfast each morning. The food was above average. Over all still happy with our stay but we might start looking at other places in this same area that are newer, like the hotel next door!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Bo H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Cincinnati-Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Ohcoasterfreak,

I appreciate your comments about your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Cincinnati Northeast. I will certainly share your comments with my staff and in the future we will make better recommendations about the laundry facilities. We just suggest that because it is the closest place to the hotel. Again thank you for your business and we hope to see you next time you are in the Cincinnati area!!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Recently attended a wedding in the Mason, Ohio area and spent three nights (Thurs.-Sat.) at the Hyatt Place. Arrived hours before normal check-in time, yet the front desk went out of their way to get us into a room right away so we could unpack, freshen up and get to the first of many pre-wedding related events. Had a room right next to the elevator, yet didn't notice any noise in the room and the bed was positioned so it was as far away from the elevator as possible. Room was large and had every possible amenity--large flat screen, mini fridge, wet bar, large couch and ottoman. Closet space was limited, so luggage was set against the wall in the "living room" area. Bathroom was split with the toilet and shower in one area behind an extremely wide door and sink and dressing table outside of the toilet/shower area. You had to stand between the toilet and the wall to open the door to get out of the bathroom. Tons of eateries in the area ranging from fast food to national chain restaurants. Breakfast served at the Hyatt was on-par with other freebie breakfast offerings at other hotels I have stayed at. Never figured out a good time to show up at breakfast as the lines always seemed to be long and slow as there were too many "lookey loos" who sent way too much time trying to figure out what to select instead of picking something and moving on. All in all, a pleasant, relaxing stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Ryan T, Manager at Hyatt Place Cincinnati-Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2015

Thank you !

Reviewed 3 September 2013

The Hyatt Place is located right off 71 and easy access. The staff was friendly and the rooms were very spacious. The breakfast in the morning could have used some help. It was a very busy holiday weekend and the staff struggled to keep up with the demand. I would recommend this hotel and consider it for our next trip to Kings Island. :)

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be very nice and quiet.

FierceMom,

Thank you very much for your comments about your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Cincinnati Northeast. I will make sure to share with my staff your great comments about their customer service. I will also look into ways to improve the flow of my breakfast area. Again thank you for your business and we hope to see you again next time you are in the Cincinnati area!!

Reviewed 29 August 2013

My wife and I spent 1 night at the Hyatt Place in Mason Ohio. The Hotel appears to be fairly new and the Hotel was spotless inside. the check in process took less than 1 minute. I requested a King Bed on an upper floor, and that is what we got. The room has what appeared to be a 50" flat Panel TV, a couch, refrigerator, and walk in shower. The breakfast consisted of pre maid hot breakfast sandwiches, and several other choices. The front desk staff was very friendly and professional. We would stay there again if we were in the area. If your going to Kings Island or to Cincinnati, this would be a very good choice.

Room Tip: I'm guessing all rooms are good. We had one next to elevator and never heard it at all.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Toledosfinest,

I appreciate your comments about your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Cincinnati Northeast. I will make sure to share your comments with my staff. We all look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Nice location. Nice room and breakfast buffet. Great TV. However, this Hyatt place concept is not meant for functionality. No outlets near the beds. No USB out lets. Pillows look great buy become flat. Marginal hot water between 6-7 am. Lights in bathroom and toilet area are week. Even at the front desk, lighting is so low that can see anything. Need miner lights.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Bo H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Cincinnati-Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dfeiwell,

Thank you for taking time to comment about your stay at the Hyatt Place Cincinnati Northeast. I apologize that you were not completely satisfied with your stay. Please know that I have looked at your comments and will take care of any items that I can to improve the guest rooms. I will have my engineer test the hot water heater during peak times as this hotel usually has a great supply of hot water. I will also ensure that we are inspecting the pillows in the rooms for wear and replace as needed. Again I apologize about your experience and hope you chose to stay with us again next time you are in Cincinnati.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

My wife and I Pricelined this hotel for a night in May 2013, and loved it. The decor was fresh and modern and the staff was friendly. We didn't spend too much time in the hotel, but we enjoyed the time that we did spend here. Breakfast was good. Some of the items were out of stock, but this might have had more to do with the team of high school lacrosse players who arrived right before us. They came hungry!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Ohjb,

Thank you very much for your business. I am glad that you enjoyed your experience and I will make sure to share your comments with my staff. We hope to see you again next time you are in Cincinnati!!

Reviewed 8 August 2013

When you stay in hotels a lot, you never know what to expect. Well Hyatt exceeded our expectations. The lobby is warm, inviting, and beautifully decorated when you walk in. The staff is friendly and they got us checked in quickly. I never expected our room to look like an apartment, but it was close to it. We had a king size bed and a queen sleeper sofa. The room looks brand new, and the bathroom is large and clean. The bed was very comfortable, and at one point I laid on it to wait for my kids to get ready, and I passed out!! There was a 42" flat screen tv on the wall, but we never got a chance to watch it. It is a 10-15 minute drive to King's Island, which is what we were in town for. The hotel served a free hot breakfast in the morning, and offered numerous options for diners. They also have a business center that is free to use and print from. There isn't much to do in the area other than the theme park, but I will definitely choose Hyatt again in the future if they are all like this!

Room Tip: If you book a Double Queen room with a sleeper sofa, arrive early to check in. We arrived late at n...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Bo H, General Manager at Hyatt Place Cincinnati-Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Travelgirl L,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Cincinnati Northeast. I will make sure to share your positive comments with my staff. I do apologize that we were unable to give you your requested room type. We hope you stay with us again next time you are in Mason!