“Unusual dinner experience”

BD's Mongolian Grill
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Mongolian
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Reallu unique way to dine out.Grab all the veggies you can stuff in your bowl, then add any one of the super meat selections, or go with seafood, and pile it on. When you bowl is full to the brim, then grab some of your favorite sauces and head over to the grill. Your food is cooked right in front of you, as rare or well done as you'd like. And the prices are really reasonable.

1  Thank Joe S

Reviewed 17 September 2013

This is a favorite hang out for the "after work" crowd!! Location is right in the middle of many office parks so grab some friends and head over...the drink specials are awesome and CHEAP and the food is amazing..in the last year or two they have added more variety to the pub food and appetizer menu and are offered at pretty decent prices so give them a try you wont be disappointed...Also a fun place to catch the game on a Sunday afternoon with friends!!! I have to mention they have the traditional "pick your own ingredients" style where they cook it as you watch as well and that is always really good too...obviously I have spent more time in the bar area with friends after work but the family atmosphere on the restaurant side is great too!!

Reviewed 7 September 2013

bd's Mongolian Grill is the place to go, if you like your food fresh, atmosphere festive, servers funky and lead grill master feisty! I experienced my first Mongolian Grill in Dearborn, MI and it was a bit overwhelming the first time. Get in line; fill the bowl with raw protein; next load in vegetables; determine spices; pick sauces; get into the grill queue; wait and watch your food being cooked around a gagillion-degree circular grill; go back to table; eat...repeat as necessary. Whew! I'm exhausted just remembering the first experience. But, I thought it was a fantastic concept! Fresh food of your choice grilled to order while you watch!

For a birthday celebration, we visited on Friday, August 30th at 7:09pm. The restaurant was pleasantly uncrowded (which would change within the hour, along with the decibel level). We were greeted warmly and seated promptly. Our server, Mike B. arrived immediately and took our drink and meal order. He graciously accepted our bogo birthday coupon (some servers roll their eyes, because they know customers don't know hoe to tip on those offers). Can I just say that the Coca Cola "Freestyle" menu is awesome! I could spend the whole meal just drinking different soda creations and they have the no-calorie options, too!

Our order was pretty simple: (2) unlimited bowls of stir fry (with soup and salad), brown rice and tortillas to accompany along with (2) beverages. What can you say about BD's? They seem to have this concept down to a science. The brown rice wasn't gummy and served very warm. The tortillas were plentiful and soft. We indulged in the stir fry stations a couple of times, playing with different concoctions and combinations and I'll only comment on my particular meals, as I lost track of my partner's selections.

The small gray shrimp offered are unremarkable and unappealing, once grilled. The salmon chunks were moist and cooked up to a perfect pink. The steak (strip) was a bit chewy. However, the chicken and pork are my favorites and now I know not to stray. All the options on the vegetable station were winners and I definitely suggest trying a mound of fresh bok choy, baby corn and edamane with your protein. The sauces and combinations are still a bit confusing to me and too much experimentation can leave you thinking everything tastes the same. I tried the Ponzu,Thai and Peanut sauces and all were yummy.

I'm very pleased with our second (and not last) visit to BD's. Our total bill, for (2) adults can to $21.69 when we used the bogo coupon for the birthday. And yes, we tipped on the original amount of the bill ($36.00)! Sign up on their website, if you want to receive coupons and special offers for birthdays.

The restaurant has a good atmosphere, is clean and the staff seem to truly enjoy their jobs. The Mongolian Grill is the place to come for fresh food, good value and a great show! Show, you might ask? Just put a couple bucks in the grill master's tip jar and you'll see (and hear) exactly what I mean!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Fun place to go for a group that wants concoct there own mongolian BBQ. Selections were fresh and the place is run well. bar has good beer selections (some for 2 bucks). place is a little noisy, so if you looking for a romantic evening for two, you 've come to the wrong place. Definitely worth a try, but come hungry.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

So, you get a dish, fill it yourself with cold veggies, meat, seafood, untilmit overflows. Then hand it to 'the guy'. He tosses it in a pile, cooks on a huge flattop grill, and gives you back hot food. You have to stand around the grill that has a 500 degree temp untilmits done...Hmmm...there has to be a better wat.. oh well, now if youmlike, you get anotherndish, fill with salad fixings and eat. Atmosphere is, at best, ok. Loud warm,noisy. At least its kinda pricy. Fun place to go with a large group...once...Cheers