“Kids loved it!”
Review of Great Wolf Lodge

Great Wolf Lodge
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Mason
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This was our first visit and we had a great experience. The kids loved the magic quest and arcade, but it is pricey since you need to buy the wand & game and of course kids will like other accessories for the wand. The water park is fun but the water was on the cool side and I wish it was bigger or had the option to go outside. The place was packed, we went on fall break. Lifeguards seemed very concerned about taking care of the kids which is great when you have little kids to watch 24/7. The food was surprisingly good and the kids definitely will want to come back.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 October 2013

My husband and I took our 9 month old daughter here for a short two night stay. This was our first trip away as a family so I was a little nervous about the room. We chose to stay in the basic two queen bed suite. It was a spacious room with a couch, coffee table and a small table with two chairs and then the two queen beds. There seemed to be plenty of space for us...but may have gotten crowded with toddlers or older kids. Room was clean enough but I did find a few leftover chips laying on the table and a few on the floor. I'm super weird about things being clean (especially with a 9 month old)...this bothered me a tad but I brought Clorox wipes and wiped everything down myself. As you can imagine things are fairly expensive. The spa...arcade and children's games are obviously an extra charge...but for us with just an infant we didn't have to shell out much for "extra's" other than for our own enjoyment in the arcade ;) The small snack bar in the water park area had decent food at a reasonable price. My husband and I ate here for lunch one day and were actually really satisfied. There are plenty of restaurants close to the lodge if you prefer to venture out. We ate out the first night...and ordered pizza from the on-site pizza place the second night which was also pretty good at a reasonable price. Breakfast bar seemed expensive and not worth it for me...so we passed on that. Our room did have a microwave and a small fridge which did have a tiny freezer section as well. It's nice for keeping some lunch items and beverages if you want to have a meal in the room to save some money. We took snacks with pop/water etc. and it worked out perfectly. The waterpark itself was fantastic. We went at a great time...the whole place was pretty empty. Although we did not get to do much with a 9 month old my husband ventured off and did some of the water slides and literally walked right up and got on the ride with a zero wait time. Our daughter loved the kiddie pools, as well as the lazy river. Life guards seemed very attentive. I actually was afraid to talk or ask them questions at times...I wasn't sure if they were allowed to talk to guests. In some ways...that's comforting. The 8pm story time was super cute for the kids. The hotel is showing some wear...rooms weren't perfect but clean is what matters to me. I will say that we were never offered any type of upgrade or anything like this. Front desk staff as accommodating but not any type of over the top customer service. When I'm paying $200 dollars a night...I kinda want to feel a little special. One thing that I was super excited about was the coupon in the room for a free photo book from shutterfly. That was a super nice touch.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank chellensoph
Reviewed 29 October 2013

This was an end of summer party. We loved the outside pool with dj and games and contest for the kids. The pizza was really good. The signage needs to be worked out. It is confusing to determine which lane is for which ride and you end up waiting when you dont need to. Super nice at check in. BRING YOUR ID WITH YOU the person before me didn't have hers, her husband had made reservations and she had to wait while he parked the car, unloaded, etc. She wasn't very happy about a rule that typically isn't followed at most resort s.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ann K
Reviewed 26 October 2013

My wife and I and our 2 girls had a blast. We took a small fall break vaca to GWL (Mason) and it was awesome. I had a cake waiting for us in our room, which surprised my wife and oldest daughter. We played at the waterpark and then came inside for dinner and then some MagiQuest. The girls were exhausted by the end of the day and we had a great time. We will definitely be heading back to this property in the future for more fun. Thanks.

Room Tip: Get a themed room, the kids loved it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank David R
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

This was our first visit to a Great Wolf Lodge. We had a great time. The value depends on the room type and when you choose to go. We got an off season price plus a discounted rate. So the five of us spent two full days in a nice indoor water park plus stayed one night in a themed room the size of a junior suite for around $275.00. We took our food with us because of having a microwave and refrigerator. Shop for the best price and go. It is well worth it.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Marty G
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

I was a little apprehensive on staying due to reported bed bugs from several months ago. I did not find the tell, tell signs of their presence but did find a child's necklace behind the couch and a bracelet behind a bed along with a gummy bear. The second bed had a candy wrapper behind the headboard. The third bed had plenty of dust behind the headboard. The glass sliding door had smudges from small hands and faces on the glass. I discovered faces drawn on the bathroom mirror after taking my shower when it became fogged. Our safe was left locked but open from the previous guests. I reported it and someone was to come and reset it. It never happened. The room looks and smells clean but I question how clean it really is from these little snafus.

The food is good but expensive, which was no surprise.
Service was slow at the Camp Critter Bar & Grill. Getting a pizza for lunch at Hungry As A Wolf was efficiently quick.

I recommend purchasing the souvenir cup with unlimited refills if you will be drinking at least 4 bottles of soda during your stay.

Wait times in line for the water slides were comparable to what we have experienced in the Wisconsin Dells.

Great Wolf met our expectations but I wished they exceeded it.

Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and 5 and 7 year old and myself visited great wolf lodge in Mason Ohio in August and couldn't wait to come back again. We stayed two nights in October. We had a great time at the water park and doing magic quest and playing in the arcade. They also had lots of Halloween activities going on for the kids! The only complaint we had was that some of the lifeguards walk around with a very arrogant attitude and just look for any little reason to blow their whistle!

• Stayed: October 2013