This hotel is advertised on their website as a luxury property, which it is not. It's more like a larger version of a Courtyard by Marriott, and kind of a dated version at that.
The wifi in my room was glitchy and hard to get to work with my computer's VPN because of the sign-on screen. This in itself is enough to make me opt to stay elsewhere in the future. I suggest they just abandon paid Wifi and allow their users to have a simpler, better experience.
My room was not cleaned on the first day, and a co-worker said she had the same experience. I called down and got a voucher for a free drink in the lobby Starbucks with a note of apology.
I wish the rooms had refrigerators. I had leftovers from a restaurant and would have loved to be able not to waste them.
The beds were comfortable and the rooms appear clean, though, as I said, fairly dated. I cranked the heater up to 75, but the room still seemed cool. The windows don't open, so if you like to sleep with a night breeze, this isn't the place for you. The shower pipes were noisy and squealing.
There's a nice office chair and desk for work, with at least 4 plugs, which is a nice feature.
The staff was very nice and helpful in all cases.
The hotel is located a few blocks from the highway near a busy suburban street. It is adjacent to an Applebee's and Burger King, with a Staples office supply across the parking lot, which is handy for business travelers. There are more restaurants across the street, but no sidewalks, so you risk your life if you try to walk over there.
The lobby smells rather strongly of chlorine, thanks to a large fountain. There are ample places to sit and work in the lobby (with a power supply) or to have a short meeting. The restaurant and bar are nice, but the food is typical overpriced hotel fare, nothing to shout about.
There is a Starbucks affiliate in the lobby, which opens at 6 am.
There are indoor and outdoor pools and a nice fitness center.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the suburb of Mason, Ohio, our Kings Island hotel is near businesses, such as Anthem, Luxottica, Cintas, Vantiv, Procter & Gamble, Danaher, Makino, Mercy Health, popular attractions, shopping and more. We are the closest Marriott hotel to Kings Island and The Beach Waterpark. At the heart of our hotel is the Marriott Greatroom; flexible spaces with a contemporary style and design, that allow guests to work and play in their own way. It’s the spot to meet, eat and relax. The Marriott Greatroom features, multiple flat panel HDTVs, communal tables, a coffee bar proudly serving Starbucks®, and a chef-created menu of small plates, desserts and pours. Newly renovated Guest rooms feature the best amenities for a restful and productive stay; luxurious bedding, flat panel HDTVs, and ergonomic workstations. 13,000 square feet of meeting and event spaces are ideal for corporate meetings, wedding receptions, and other large or small events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Cincinnati Marriott Northeast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cincinnati Marriott Northeast Hotel Mason
- Marriott Mason
- Marriott Hotel Mason
- Mason Marriott
- Cincinnati Marriott Northeast Mason, Ohio