“Could be better”

Cincinnati Marriott Northeast
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Mason
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This hotel is advertised on their website as a luxury property, which it is not. It's more like a larger version of a Courtyard by Marriott, and kind of a dated version at that.

The wifi in my room was glitchy and hard to get to work with my computer's VPN because of the sign-on screen. This in itself is enough to make me opt to stay elsewhere in the future. I suggest they just abandon paid Wifi and allow their users to have a simpler, better experience.

My room was not cleaned on the first day, and a co-worker said she had the same experience. I called down and got a voucher for a free drink in the lobby Starbucks with a note of apology.

I wish the rooms had refrigerators. I had leftovers from a restaurant and would have loved to be able not to waste them.

The beds were comfortable and the rooms appear clean, though, as I said, fairly dated. I cranked the heater up to 75, but the room still seemed cool. The windows don't open, so if you like to sleep with a night breeze, this isn't the place for you. The shower pipes were noisy and squealing.

There's a nice office chair and desk for work, with at least 4 plugs, which is a nice feature.

The staff was very nice and helpful in all cases.

The hotel is located a few blocks from the highway near a busy suburban street. It is adjacent to an Applebee's and Burger King, with a Staples office supply across the parking lot, which is handy for business travelers. There are more restaurants across the street, but no sidewalks, so you risk your life if you try to walk over there.

The lobby smells rather strongly of chlorine, thanks to a large fountain. There are ample places to sit and work in the lobby (with a power supply) or to have a short meeting. The restaurant and bar are nice, but the food is typical overpriced hotel fare, nothing to shout about.

There is a Starbucks affiliate in the lobby, which opens at 6 am.

There are indoor and outdoor pools and a nice fitness center.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
NatePhilippsen-AGM, General Manager at Cincinnati Marriott Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Bobette23

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience while staying with us. I sincerely apologize for the wifi trouble you had while staying with us and I am disappointed that we did not provide you a better overall experience. Our guest's feedback is taken very seriously and because of them, we will be undergoing a complete bathroom renovation this year. We strive for a very high level service at our hotel and I apologize we missed the mark with your experience. Safe travels.

Nate Philippsen
Assistant General Manager
Cincinnati Marriott Northeast
nate.philippsen@marriott.com

There are newer reviews for Cincinnati Marriott Northeast

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We recently stayed for four nights at the Cincinnati Marriot Northeast in Mason, OH, and were pleased with the lodging facilities as well as the helpful nature of the staff. Because we were hosting a small family gathering in our room, I expressed my disappointment over not having a room refrigerator to the staff member behind the desk. She replied that a mini-refrigerator could be brought, free of charge, to our room. And it was. Although the website doesn't push the fact, the hotel's fitness center is nice and spacious. We didn't try the indoor pool, but it appears to be above-average as well.

Room Tip: It's a big hotel, and the elevators are a considerable distance from the front desk. Be sure to...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Stayed for 2 nights to attend wedding in area.
Found staff both helpful and welcoming ,particularly - when problems phoning England-
extremely helpful,.as well as polite.
room was clean and good size, although a little high!!
Compared to the UK - very good value for price charged.
Plenty of restaurants of all standards close by.(but pick carefully!!)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2014

I stayed here for business several weeks last year. It is probably the only full service hotel in the area so that was a definite draw. The hotel always seems busy with business travelers. The staff is all very nice and have been trained very well. Everyone seems willing to go out of their way to assist the guests. Sometimes it almost doesn't seem to be genuine…as everyone has been trained to say "my pleasure"…which you hear dozens of times a day.

The public areas and guest rooms are well kept and clean, but seem somewhat dated and in need to a refresh. The guest rooms are large and spacious with a chair/ottoman, work space and large bed. The bathroom is a typical hotel bathroom.

The bar/restaurant is a good place to relax after work. The food menu is extremely limited and quite expensive, even for a hotel restaurant. Given that everything, except for an Applebee's (no thanks), is a driving distance, it might be a good opportunity to offer a more diverse and expansive menu.

The concierge lounge is great for breakfast and pre-dinner snacks (even substituting for dinner some nights). It is always well stocked with water, fruit, cookies…depending on the time of day. My complaint is that in the evening there seems to be some kind of lady's social club that meets there…even ordering in pizza and making a night of it. Not sure if these are hotel guests or not…but sometimes just a bit loud and disruptive if looking for a quiet place to relax after work.

The gym and pool area are very nice and well taken care of.

Overall, it is a fine place to stay with a nice staff and clean comfortable accommodations.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

I had been trying to retrieve my Marriott Rewards card with no success until this trip. So I went ahead and applied for a new card.

I requested the front staff (Ms Che Conrath) to help retrieve my previous stay in September. She learned I had a previous card and offered to help. With my email address, she said she will help find them.

Upon returning that evening, Ms Conrath identified my old number and retrieved my past 3 stays in the hotel over the past 18 months.

These are the little attention to details that cements loyalty to a brand. I will be back.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank chinaren_10
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Right from the start the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The atrium was beautiful. We were staying with our soccer team and it was such a nice touch to walk into the room and find a bottle of Gatorade waiting for my daughter along with a note wishing her good luck. The room was very clean, although I do agree with some of the reviewers that it is a little dated. At one point I called down to the front desk for extra pillows and they were delivered promptly. The only real negative for me was the mattress was extremely soft which made it difficult for me to sleep as I like a firm mattress. The team breakfast served in the morning had a nice variety and more than I expected. Overall this was an extremely quiet hotel and I felt like the staff would go above and beyond to meet the needs of all the guests. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: A great hotel if traveling with a sports team
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Terri O
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Nicely appointed hotel. Staff was very friendly. Was very expensive for the Mason, OH area. Although the room was nice, there were problems with some of the wall molding that was trying to hide the cables for the TV, etc. At check-in, they asked what kind of paper I would like delivered to my room in the mornings, which I gave them a preference. No paper was ever delivered. Room service was punctual and the food was good.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business