“Above and Beyond Customer Service!”

Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Mason
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I stay at this Marriott on an almost-weekly basis for business. My first week, I had a minor housekeeping issue that was not only resolved immediately, but the managers, David and Che, personally reached out to me to ensure that the issue was resolved. Now, everytime I see one of them they stop and ask how my room is. Not to make any other frequent visitors jealous (smile), but housekeeping also regularly leaves towel elephants and towel puppies on my bed with a snack or note when I check in! It's this type of premium customer service, which is consistent across ALL staff here, that make this one of my favorite business hotels. If you need anything during your stay, just ask and the staff will go above above and beyond to ensure that you are happy!

Room Tip: The hotel has two perpindicular hallways with several rooms that face the highway. If highway noise...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 April 2014

This was the second year in a row that I stayed there for a Rotary conference. This year the conference offered a family option and we took the kids. The front desk staff were classic Marriott...friendly and efficient. The sleeping room was very clean and comfortable. The conference facilities were first-rate and the staff was outstanding. The bartender who was there last year was still there this year and that says something about how Marriott treats their staff. We had the breakfast buffet and it was very good with a nice variety of choices from bagels and fruit to cereal to eggs and bacon and sausage. The staff really do make they stay very nice. They are attentive and efficient but not overly so. Even the housekeeping staff smile and say hello when they pass you in the hallway.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark M
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Nice, clean hotel with friendly staff. Stayed here for business and enjoyed it for the most part. However, the creamer was bad in the in-room coffee and since you only get one pack of coffee, it was ruined. The first morning, the free breakfast buffet only had a few muffins and a little bit of fruit. I went next door and had an excellent breakfast at their restaurant but it did cost me $20. However, the next morning, the free breakfast was fully stocked with a wide variety of food. The heating/cooling unit in the room was noisy, I ended up keeping the fan on all night so it would not wake me up when it kicked on. Pillows were not very good on the bed. Shampoos and soaps were just institutional from Sysco, not very good. Excellent dinner at the hotel restaurant. I was there for a meeting and the conference room was either 60 degrees or 85 degrees. The temperature varied every half hour.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JSScott
NatePhilippsen-AGM, General Manager at Cincinnati Marriott Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

JSScott

Thank you for the nice comment about our staff and restaurant breakfast! Our staff prides themselves on providing the best possible service and product. I am sorry to hear about the issues you had with your HVAC and temperature variation in your meeting room. We appreciate all feedback and use it to continually improve our service and product. I look forward to having your stay again at our hotel and if there is anything I can do personally please dont hesitate to reach out. Thank you again and Safe Travels.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

For what this hotel lack in "newness" it is made up by the excellent staff that really focuses on customer service. We arrived very late at night on a Friday and the staff at the front desk were just as pleasant and helpful as if they just arrived. We were checked in very quickly, given good directions to our room and the on-the-spot requested rollaway bed was in our room waiting for us.

The front desk team got us connected with a local pizza place for a few late-night pies for our group. The lobby area is well appointed with varied seating areas, a reasonable quantity of power outlets, and staff willing to change television stations on the big and small screens. As a bonus, there is also food and drink service in the lobby.

Pool is pretty standard hotel size, and the workout area has a good variety of machines and other equipment. I also noted that the pool has a lift for guests in wheel-chairs.

Beds were comfortable, but a bit on the small side (they were doubles). Room seating chairs were comfortable, more than enough closet space, and the bathroom was decent sized. Engineering staff really went the extra mile helping us set up a gaming system in our room. He had to perform some severe remote control gymnastics and provide a custom cable!

All in all, a great stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a room number below #011 as they are far enough from the elevators and not a lot of foot tra...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Angelo S
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Walking in this feels like a typical Marriott property that is showing it's age. The staff completely transform the feel once inside the hotel and lounge and are genuinely friendly and helpful. Convenient location to local business and freeway and rather average Marriott but the staff made it a really good experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
NatePhilippsen-AGM, General Manager at Cincinnati Marriott Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

cb_SEA
I am glad to hear you had a great experience at our hotel and our team was able to make you feel welcomed and at home. Our team prides themselves on providing the best service and genuinely caring about our guests. Your comments on the physical property do not go unnoticed either! We will be undergoing a complete bathroom renovation this year, which we are all very excited about. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to having you stay again! Safe Travels.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

This hotel is advertised on their website as a luxury property, which it is not. It's more like a larger version of a Courtyard by Marriott, and kind of a dated version at that.

The wifi in my room was glitchy and hard to get to work with my computer's VPN because of the sign-on screen. This in itself is enough to make me opt to stay elsewhere in the future. I suggest they just abandon paid Wifi and allow their users to have a simpler, better experience.

My room was not cleaned on the first day, and a co-worker said she had the same experience. I called down and got a voucher for a free drink in the lobby Starbucks with a note of apology.

I wish the rooms had refrigerators. I had leftovers from a restaurant and would have loved to be able not to waste them.

The beds were comfortable and the rooms appear clean, though, as I said, fairly dated. I cranked the heater up to 75, but the room still seemed cool. The windows don't open, so if you like to sleep with a night breeze, this isn't the place for you. The shower pipes were noisy and squealing.

There's a nice office chair and desk for work, with at least 4 plugs, which is a nice feature.

The staff was very nice and helpful in all cases.

The hotel is located a few blocks from the highway near a busy suburban street. It is adjacent to an Applebee's and Burger King, with a Staples office supply across the parking lot, which is handy for business travelers. There are more restaurants across the street, but no sidewalks, so you risk your life if you try to walk over there.

The lobby smells rather strongly of chlorine, thanks to a large fountain. There are ample places to sit and work in the lobby (with a power supply) or to have a short meeting. The restaurant and bar are nice, but the food is typical overpriced hotel fare, nothing to shout about.

There is a Starbucks affiliate in the lobby, which opens at 6 am.

There are indoor and outdoor pools and a nice fitness center.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Bobette23

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience while staying with us. I sincerely apologize for the wifi trouble you had while staying with us and I am disappointed that we did not provide you a better overall experience. Our guest's feedback is taken very seriously and because of them, we will be undergoing a complete bathroom renovation this year. We strive for a very high level service at our hotel and I apologize we missed the mark with your experience. Safe travels.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We recently stayed for four nights at the Cincinnati Marriot Northeast in Mason, OH, and were pleased with the lodging facilities as well as the helpful nature of the staff. Because we were hosting a small family gathering in our room, I expressed my disappointment over not having a room refrigerator to the staff member behind the desk. She replied that a mini-refrigerator could be brought, free of charge, to our room. And it was. Although the website doesn't push the fact, the hotel's fitness center is nice and spacious. We didn't try the indoor pool, but it appears to be above-average as well.

Room Tip: It's a big hotel, and the elevators are a considerable distance from the front desk. Be sure to...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mason
Hyatt Place Cincinnati-Northeast
Hampton Inn & Suites Cincinnati-Mason
Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Mason
Cincinnati Marriott North
Cincinnati Marriott North
#5 of 16 in West Chester
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cincinnati NE - Mason
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cincinnati Mason

Been to Cincinnati Marriott Northeast? Share your experiences!