“Average property with good people.”

Cincinnati Marriott Northeast
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Mason
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Average property with good people.”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I thought that this property was pretty average and not sure why everyone raves about it. It's clearly an older hotel and it shows in many different ways - like old decor, old looking carpets, slow elevators, etc. Just looking at the guest photos you can tell that there is nothing fancy or impressive about this property. The Marriott prizes itself with good service and I definitely saw that. One thing to mention - I stayed here during the Cincinnati tennis tournament and spotted a number of tennis players in the hotel and so next time I come to watch the tournament I'll definitely stay here again. Good thing I used points, because otherwise the price would've been way too high for what you get.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Mindi M, Assistant General Manager at Cincinnati Marriott Northeast, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear ValGor,

Thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel and staff during your recent stay at the Cincinnati Marriott Northeast. We are always working on ways to improve our product and we will be beginning renovations to our guest rooms soon. I appreciate your recognition of the focus on service at this hotel. Our strongest asset is our people and we truly strive to provide an exceptional hotel experience for every guest. I am glad you enjoyed the environment during the tennis tournament and I hope you will stay with us again!

At Your Service,

Mindi Marshall
Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Park Hills, KY (just outside Cincinnati)
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

We had a free night that expired so we decided to have a mini staycation to celebrate the end of summer. We are gold so we had lounge access. Can't say enough good things about the service in there and all the offerings.
Our room was a simple double room but the bathroom was large and the beds gave me the best night sleep ever.
We visited the local amusement park, kings island, and it was about 5 minutes away. A tennis tournament was taking place nearby and this particular hotel was where the players were staying. Even with that added chaos and customers, we still had great service!
My daughter swam in both pools. The outdoor was a great size as well as the indoor. Great all around property!

• Stayed August 2014
Huntington, West Virginia
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This is one of the best Marriott’s I have stayed. I know it cost a little more than the other Marriott’s in the Cincinnati area but it is worth the extra money and I can’t believe I just said that as thrifty as I am. Emily checked me in and she did an outstanding job as she even came out from behind the counter to show me around the basics of the hotel. This place is much bigger than it appears. The lobby is very nice with lots of places to meet people and just set and enjoy a cup of coffee. I noticed it appeared that several people were having a family reunions at this hotel. I think that is a great idea. It had an indoor and outdoor pool they both looked very nice and well maintained although I didn’t have the time to take advantage of them. The only con I can come up with is that the Starbucks in the lobby was only open in the morning and with it being in such beautiful surroundings it would have been nice to be able to grab a snack and set and enjoy the area. I have stayed in a lot of Marriott’s over the years and this is the first in a long time that actually put extra towels and pillows in my room when I had requested it. Bottom line is first class staff and room!! This was my first time staying at this location so I don’t know if I just got lucky or they are always like that but I intend to find out on my next visit to Cincinnati area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Chicago
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed here for four nights while visiting family and King's Island in the area. Great location for King's Island and to visit both Dayton and Cincinnati while staying in one place. The other descriptions of "tired" and "dated" are not really true. The rooms are nice and modern. The only thing that dates the hotel is the outside and the red/yellow/green decor that was popular in the 1990's. During the week, the hotel had a professional crowd with the weekends attracting some sports teams and a little bit of the "no shoes at breakfast crowd", which we were trying to avoid by booking a Marriott. I do believe that any hotel should enforce shoes at a restaurant.

ALL of the staff was excellent. The kids enjoyed both the indoor and outdoor pool areas which were clean and welcoming. The restaurant (breakfast and lunch) was really quite good and one of the only hotel buffets that did not gross me out. All of the food was presented in a clean manner, was fresh, and continually restocked.

At this hotel, the price/location/service/amenities are all perfectly aligned and that is quite a find in a hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Mason, Ohio
Reviewed 29 July 2014

7 days for business!
Everythin was plane and precious...
Clean, quite and polite!
Breakfast always fresh and rich!
Swimming-pool and gym available and waitresses always smiling.
One issue: during checking out, they were billing me two more nights but the front-desk lady found the mistake.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I recently had a business meeting in Mason. This Marriott was close to my appointment. Upon arrival I though the property was a little tired. I soon realized that the staff here are what made the difference. The front desk attendant actually came out from around the desk to give me my room keycard and wish me a good stay!! It was such a nice touch. The room was clean, the linens were outstanding....it felt like I was the first person to use them and the water pressure was terrific. My kind of place!! The pool was lovely and quiet. There was a very accessable computer and printer for airport check in. Nice restaurant to have breakfast. What more could you ask for!!

Room Tip: The elevators are a trek from the lobby. Ask for a room closest to the elevator.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We recently stayed at the Cincinnati Marriott Northeast for a quick weekend shopping trip. The property is large with unremarkable decor and was busy on that particular evening due to a local sports tournament. Our room was quiet and had a refrigerator. This hotel is typical of a full service Marriott and met our expectations. However, the breakfast buffet was outstanding and the restaurant staff were attentive and helpful. Special thanks to our server Debi B., who went above and beyond to make sure we had everything we wanted and needed. She even made a special trip to the kitchen to get the last blueberry muffin. When it arrived, I realized she had warmed it up for me! She was so friendly and pleasant and made our stay at this particular hotel very memorable. Thanks, Debi, for delivering first class service to a group of Marriott Rewards gold customers!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends