“Excellent experience and Clean”

Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Mason
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Mason
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Beautiful Hotel and staff was excellent. Room was very clean and well appointed. Breakfast buffet was a little expensive for the offerings however, the free coffee was a nice touch. Great location for Kings Island and several restaurant choices close by. Would definitely stay here again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Laura A, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Mason, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Hello: Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the area and do hope that we will see you again in the near future. Next time you visit be sure to stop by Graters Ice Cream Parlor which is next door. Their ice cream is the best and well known in the Cincinnati area.

Thank you again.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

It was a business trip so I focused on the location when I chose it. It turned out that this place is very nice and everything looks new and feels fresh. The staff is friendly and helpful when I asked information of nearby restaurant and direction to it. There is ample parking space.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Laura A, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Mason, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Hello Jianru- Thank you so much for giving us a 5-star review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again the next time your business travels bring back to our area.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Stay away from this hotel! While the interior looks nice, the beds were some of the most uncomfortable I have ever used. I was barely able to sleep and actually felt awful everyday because I was sore from laying in it. Also, despite being clean and a beautiful room, it smelled really musty for some reason. I thought it was because the air was off when I first checked in, but even after a few days of running the air it still smelled this way. I also had an issue when I used their restaurant and paid $10 per person for a breakfast that served expired milk. Upon notifying the staff (after drinking some) that the milk was 13 days past it's expiration date, we received an apology, but were still charged the full price for breakfast. Sadly, I like the Hilton chains, but this hotel just fell way short of what I expecgt from the Hilton. I will never use this particular hotel again and would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We have so many 5-star reviews it was disappointing to see a 2-star rating coming through. I apologize that our restaurant staff feel short of providing you with the service you deserve and agree some type of compensation should have been offered. I have shared your review with our staff and this will be addressed. With regards to the musty smell in the room I wanted to share with you that our hotel is only three years old and just last week we had a company come in and clean all of our PTAC units. At times condensation builds up in the tray and we will be treating this monthly to keep our PTAC units fresh. If you have a moment would you please email me at laura.adleta@hilton.com and let me know which room you stayed in during your visit. I will have our maintenance department check the bed to ensure the control is working properly on the bed. These beds were required by Hilton Hotels when we opened the hotel. As I have mentioned in previous reviews there are guests who love the beds and guests who do not. Our staff needs to be better at informing our guests on how to adjust the air in the beds and as of this week we are creating a direction card to place in every key packet. Thank you for staying with us and I do hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can earn a 5 star rating from you.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Honestly an overall great experience! I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn due to being a Hilton Honors Member while most of my co-workers stayed at the Marriott. I had a MUCH BETTER hotel experience than they did - for less cost! Staff is helpful and friendly! Rooms are a good size and very nice. Wifi and Breakfast are free! They were also able to easily accommodate my dietary needs - which was greatly appreciated!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello Tara: I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel during your recent business trip to the area. Thank you for taking the time to post a review and for giving us a 5-Star review. It is always fun to share these reviews with our staff and let them know how appreciative our guests are of their hard work. We look forward to seeing you again and thank you again for selecting our hotel over our competitor.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

I don't normally write reviews for hotels. I don't really travel enough to need to honestly. In this case I did for one reason. This hotel was amazing. The lobby is beautiful. Everything is very easy to find. The rooms are beautiful. Everything is clean. The staff is all very clean, very professional. The pool room always had fresh, clean towels. The fitness room had state-of-the-art equipment. I am a stickler about cleanliness when it comes to my hotel room and our room was immaculate. We couldn't have asked for better service from these people. AC was quiet. We had the curtains closed and barely any sun came through if any. We didn't hear any noise from the outside our room whatsoever.

I have only one complaint. Sadly, it was enough to take three stars from this review. It is a strong enough reason to keep me from coming back. The beds are atrociously uncomfortable.
The pillows were awesome, much better than any hotel I've been to before. We just could not get comfortable on the beds. It was like sleeping on a wooden board with a sheet draped over it. Our group consisted of about 14 people and everyone agreed that we won't be going back and the ONLY reason we could give is the beds. I LOVED this hotel. I LOVED the staff. I LOVED the bar and the breakfast. Everything was delicious, convenient and the decor was beautiful but the beds were just unacceptably uncomfortable. We were there two nights and my back hurt both days after waking up and the pain lasted all day. After the first night I consulted the front desk and was informed that the beds were adjustable. My entire party adjusted the beds as instructed, turning the dial to the softest possible setting and then waiting 15 minutes before getting back on them. Everyone in the party reported that there was no change. They were still very uncomfortable, very hard. A few of the people in the party had king rooms, one king suite and we had the double queens. All reported the same issue.

Hilton Garden Inn is a no go. Very sadly.

Room Tip: Unless there are different styles of beds or they get new beds I can't suggest staying here.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Christopher J
Laura A, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Mason, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor. I will share your good comments with our staff regarding their excellent service and to our housekeeping department regarding our wonderful clean rooms! Sorry you were not able to get a good night’s rest due to our sleep comfort mattresses. It is a love hate relationship with these beds. We have guests who love them and want to know where to buy them and then there are unhappy guests who dislike the mattress system. Could you please email me at laura.adleta@hilton.com and let me know what room you stayed in. I would like to have our maintenance department check the controls to ensure they are working. We are creating a card to put in our key packets that will better explain how to work the beds. Sometimes half of the problem is just trying to figure out how to find your comfort level. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for two weeks good service good breakfast personal kindly and efficient comfortable room clean environment large parking good position near downtown not too much expensive was very pleasant staying here in October

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Laura A, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Mason, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Hello & Thank You! Your wonderful review was so nice and I 'm so happy you enjoyed your stay. Two weeks is a long time to stay at a hotel so I'm sure our staff got to know you and you got to know them as well. We do have a wonderfu staff some of which have been here since we opened in 2010. We look forward to your visit again the next time your travels bring you back to the Mason, Ohio area.

Warm Regards
Laua Adleta

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I enjoyed my stay here. We had the indoor pool all to ourselves. The room was very comfortable and clean and we slept great. The location is very convenient in Mason. Enjoyed having a restaurant and room service available.