“Fantastic, friendly staff!”

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Mason
Overland Park, Kansas
“Fantastic, friendly staff!”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed at the Mason Hilton Garden Inn for a week with our kids, and had a wonderful experience. The entire staff is incredibly friendly, helpful and responsive, and the hotel was very clean, comfortable, quiet, and easily accessible. A great place for business or family travelers.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Jane M
Laura A, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Mason, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Hello: Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that the service you received from our staff will keep you coming back again and again.

Have a wonderful Holiday Season.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The hotel is nice and clean. The rooms are decent sized and the furnishings are better than average. The staff could not be better - very helpful, very attentive. Breakfast buffet is fresh and the made to order eggs and waffles were very good. The bar is a bit sparse, but the bartender was very friendly and attentive.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your recent review post on Trip Advisor. Thank you for selecting the Hilton Garden Inn for your hotel needs in the Mason area. We are thrilled that your stay was enjoyable and we hope we will see you again. soon.

Have a wonderful Holiday Season
Huntington, West Virginia
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Garden Inns are a great value! Of the 3 or 4 I have visited, they are always emaculate and the staff very service oriented. The Mason, OH location is no exception to this rule. I was instantly granted an early check-in -- no problem.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank aicamper
Laura A, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Mason, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Hello: Thank you Thank You!!! Reading your 5-Star review this morning was a great way to begin my Friday. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and as always I will share your review with our staff. We look forward to seeing you again and have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I was in town for two nights, a quick business trip. I pulled in late at night after driving in the rain for an hour. I was given my hotel key and the front desk person was very nice. However, I asked to have a room not on the main floor and was told the hotel was full. So, okay I settled for ground floor, which would not have been a problem except for the fact there are no curtains that close! Anyone who walks by can see into the window, you can not possibly expect the white sheer curtains to block peepers in the parking lot.

Anyways, to the main point of my complaint. I checked out with no problem, didn't have any issues with my bill upon check out. I got back to my hometown that Friday night (Nov 8). My room was paid for under my boss' company card so I only had to cover incidentals. I checked my bank statement the following Wednesday Nov 13, and I have a 400+ hotel room bill on my credit card.

Now, I know the room service prices were a little steep but not that high! I called and was told that the manager would call me back by end of day. At about 5:30 my time I received a call from Ray, the manager addressing the issue. He claimed that the card was used for the person who checked in at 7:30- before me. I checked in after 9 pm that night. He had no explanation for the mess up. At that point I had other bills to be paid with that money and I wanted the problem solved and some sort of explanation. He just apologized and informed me he'd have the money expedited back to my account the next morning (Nov 14).

As I have yet to see a refund, November 18, 10 days after my stay...I have now paid interest on my credit card on the $400+ amount added to my balance. Also, I have not received any additional follow up, nor have compensation for the interest I'm paying on a comping someone elses room on my credit card. I can't imagine what would have happened if I didn't catch the mistake! Ms Harris, who ever you are, I imagine you're enjoying your free stay.

I will say, the only attempt at an explanation that I was given was that the room I was charged/paid for-- was called in over the phone. He insinuated that the person who called in to check in at 7:30 had my credit card. I assured him that the card/info was in my possession and that no one checked into a different room with my credit card. What I can possibly imagine is that the guest service representative who checked me in-- had the previous check in info on the computer screen while entering my credit card info. OR when manually entering the card upon check out a representative used my card instead. Either way I'm appalled at the fact the name on my card does not in any way match the name on her reservation. Seems like, at some point, a RED FLAG for FRAUD should have been noticed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Laura A, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Mason, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Hi Clair: Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today regarding your recent stay at our hotel and the issues you encountered during your stay. Again my sincere apologies for the billing mistake and I'm happy to hear that you did receive the adjustment to your credit card today. After our conversation I went directly to room 110 and did find that the blackout blinds were stuck and I have brought this to our maintenance department’s attention and they will be fixed immediately. If your travel plans bring you back to the area again, I do hope you will give us another chance to make your next stay a perfect stay and I will make sure you receive a room on the 4th floor.
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday and I do hope we will see you again soon.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My experience staying at The Hilton Garden Inn in Mason OH has always been first rate. The staff are freindly and courteous, the hotel is clean and well run. The food is always good, I'd give it a 10 out of 10.

1 Thank John F
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 November 2013

The most helpful front desk staff of any HGI. Great breakfast staff.I prefer to stay here all the time. They do thier best to ackowledge you and call you by name. They are accomodating, fun and relaxed but professional. I only stay here if I can.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Laura A, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Mason, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
HI Robert: Thank you so much for taking the time to post a 5-star review on Trip Advisor. Thank you for being such a loyal customer. We do have a great staff and many of them who have been here since we opened in 2010. Your wonderful review will be shared with the staff and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Have a wonderful week.
Grove City, United States
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We were not at the hotel long because we checked in after Kings Island closed. They accommodated my request for a late checkout, which was great! We were exhausted. When we checked in the lady at the front desk wasn't very knowledgable about my requests, the bed was very hard, but it was clean and quiet.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Laura A, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Mason, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Hello Linda: Thank you for the 4-star review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and hope you had a great time at Kings Island. Sorry our front desk agent was not able to answer your questions. If you have a moment would you mind emailing me at laura.adleta@hilton.com and let me know what questions you had that our staff was not able to answer so that the next time a guests may ask these same questions we will be able to answer them correctly. Thank you again for taking the time to post a review. We hope to see you again in the near future.