“Our personal review”

Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Mason
new athens, United States
“Our personal review”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Just a little disappointed in our room as far as cleanliness. Just wish the cleaning people would take time to notice. Also people needs to respect others when trying to sleep. They weren't so quiet above us. Everything else was good. Thank you.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Debbie H
Peter J, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Mason, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for letting us know that we didn't meet all of your expectations. We will be sure to alert the appropriate staff on what we could have done better. Your comments will help us improve and hopefully you'll be able to stay with us in the future and see that we can do a better job.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
ohio
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The hotel was exceptionally clean and the staff was helpful at our stay. No complaints there. However I do want to share two experiences for others to do with what they please. We had just settled into our room and there was a knock at the door. I got up and went to answer, before I could get there (a matter of seconds), the door opens from the outside and in walks the maintenance man! He apologized, but continued into the room and began checking our door explaining that the door wasn't closing properly. All I can say is thank goodness we were decent and my husband was with me, or I would have been hitting the 911 button.
Secondly, a few hours after checkout we realized my daughter had left her high end head phones in the drawer between the beds. We called immediately, but were told and assured each room is checked by the cleaning staff and that nothing had been found. We double checked the next day with the hotel; still nothing was turned in. I had asked and saw my daughter place them in the drawer for safety while we were out, and we both know they were left there in that spot without a doubt. I realize this is completely my fault for leaving them there, but they vanished. My advice would be to lock your valuables in a safe or in your suitcase when leaving the hotel during your stay just to be extra cautious. It is a bit bothersome that items seem to become finders keepers among those staff who come into the room after your stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
I was very disappointed to read your review. Please be assured this is not normal for us. We work very hard to make sure everyone’s stay is comfortable. Your comments indicate we have a few very basic training issues to address and I can assure you that is underway. We certainly should be able to follow our guestroom entry procedures as well as following up on lost and found items. I do hope you give us another chance in the future to take care of you if your travel plans bring you to our area. Our entire staff apologizes that we didn’t deliver the high level of service that we have are known for.
Missouri
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I enjoy staying at this hotel every time I am in the Cincinnati area visiting relatives. I make it a point to reserve a room at this hotel every trip. The service is top notch and the rooms are comfortable and clean. The business center is very useful for any work I need to get done as I am a part time college student. The complimentary wifi is a plus, if I choose to work in my room at the spacious desk and comfortable office chair. As far as restaurants go, the Great American Grill is nice in addition to the many restaurants near the hotel, so entertaining guests isn't a problem. The hotel is close to many shopping venues, Kings Island Amusement Park, and is not too bad of a drive to downtown Cincinnati and the riverfront!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank americansheeple
Wow! Thank you for your nice comments! We work very hard to get this type of reaction from everyone of our guests. It's so nice to know that we made you happy and more importantly that you'll be back to see us again! Have a great summer.
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn is a nice business-oriented hotel. Very clean, and the room was comfortable. The bed was comfortable and relaxing. The "hot" breakfast was slightly better than what I usually see in this class of hotel. All in all, a nice business-friendly hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MiddleTennessee
Laura A, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Mason, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
We are very appreciative of your recent stay as well as the positive review you posted on Trip Advisor regarding your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. Thank you for the endoresement of our hotel. We would be honored to accommodate you in the future should the need arise.

Have a wonderful Summer.
Laura Adleta
Dayton, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I was extremely satisfied with my stay and we will be back again in July 2014. This was the first time of many more stays to come. Also I fell in love with the bed!! Although we didn't get to eat at the hotel but the food looked and smelled Amazing! We will definitely try the dining services the next time we visit in July. I also love that the hotel was located so close to stores, recreation, and a variety of dining. We were also only five minutes from the wedding that we attended at The Manor House. Overall great experience.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Felycia R
Laura A, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Mason, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
I wanted to take this time to personally thank you, on behalf of all of us at the Hilton Garden Inn, for your kind words and for your recent stay at our hotel. We appreicate your endorsement of our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Laura Adleta
franklin, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

the overall experience was wonderful. The beds however were very uncomfortable. They used an air mattress with settings from hard to soft but the mattress was still not soft enough, which made sleeping very difficult.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Laura A, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Mason, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay. We do appreciate your positive remarks and thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. I do apologize for your sleepless night. The Garden Sleep bed is a very unique bed and we do have instruction cards next to the bed that outlines very detailed instructions on how to use the bed.
Thank you again for staying with us and we do hope that should your travel plans bring you back to the Mason Ohio area again your will consider staying wtih us gain.
Coatesville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We spent a few nights at this hotel while attending our Nephews graduation. It was a very pleasant hotel with a large modern lobby, there was a restaurant included just off the loby, a nice indoor pool and work out room and the rooms were nicely done. The hotel is very close to 71 and therefore was easy to get around to the city or other area attractions. There are many stores close by if you need food supplies or anything else. The staff was pleasant from start to finish and was always greated cheerfully. We would definitely use this hotel again in the future.

Thanks for a good stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Timothy J
Laura A, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Cincinnati/Mason, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for the GREAT review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and truly appreciate the kind comments about our hotel and our team! Hope to see you again, enjoy the rest of your summer