“High quality food served with a smile.”

The Wildflower Cafe
Ranked #3 of 160 Restaurants in Mason
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The owner/chef Todd Hudson uses locally grown ingredients to create fresh and very delicious dishes. He has won several awards. It is in a beautiful old home and they serve locally roasted coffee and locally bottled wines. It is a wonderful place.
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I ate lunch here today for the first time. I was glad that we had a reservation.
I ordered the vegetable curry, and it was SO good. I would order it again. My friend got the quiche of the day and she also really liked her food. We both ordered the triple chocolate mousse cake for dessert and it also was very good. All the food was plated attractively too.

Our server was friendly and helpful, and he refilled our drinks most of the time without our having asking him to do so, which I appreciate. We left him a 20% tip.

The restaurant is in an older 2 story home painted yellow, with a garden in the backyard. The inside is sunny and cheerful. The parking lot is down the single driveway and behind the restaurant, and is bigger than I expected.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

First impressions of this quaint restaurant are fantastic. Rain barrel in the garden, shady patio, and a great selection of beer and wine made us feel we were on the west coast. The peach sangria was delicious, as were the fried green tomatoes and fondue appetizers. But then we must have ordered wrong. Chicken and waffles were just a big mess on my plate, and didn't even vaguely resemble its namesake dish. Deconstructed, the chicken sat between super sweet potato puree on the bottom and a few waffle "croutons" on top. It's tough enough to eat fried chicken on the bone gracefully, but add the soggy factor and the dish lost all its crunch. Similarly, my friend ordered the BLT - a great idea with a fried green tomato in place of the typical, but again, the addition of an enormous amount of red onion and too much sauce made eating the sloppy sandwich with a fork the only option. But the food quickly became the least offensive part of our experience, when, after we had been there an hour and a half, the manager very rudely asked us to leave so that the next party could have our table. Now I have eaten in restaurants around the world, and this is the first time I've ever been asked to vacate my (reserved) table. I will also add that our table of 4's total bill was about $250 minus the tip - we ate appetizers, full meals, several glasses of wine and desserts. I could see shoving us off if we were not spending money, but we were - and we each still had half a glass of wine left to drink. When we said we would at least like to finish our drinks, the manager scooted us off to a table on the patio but made us feel like we were being unreasonable. I suppose overbooking may be a method to ensure the night's profit is met, but it left such a bad taste in our mouths we will not be going back.

5  Thank BuckeyesGetAround
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Fried Green Tomato BLT
Grass Fed Burger

It doesn't matter if you are an out of towner or a local. This place makes you feel like you are at home. The restaurant is in an old farm house and it sets such a great mood for a meal. There is a nice small bar upstairs and additional seating upstairs and outside. I would recommend making reservations because it they are limited on tables and it is a popular place.

The food is all homemade and delicious. The flavors make you appreciate every bite. It is all local food as well if that is important to you. Service was also great.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Unique menu and we enjoyed eating outside. The waitress was good. Make sure you make reservations, as this seems to be a popular place.

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

My mom had been hyping up this restaurant for years now and it was worth the wait to visit. We had a lovely lunch. The fried green tomato BLT was phenomenal but I wasn't crazy about the fried chicken and waffles on the sweet potato compote. However, the watermelon gazpacho more than made up for it! I'm a huge advocate of locally sourced slow food and that's exactly what the Wildflower Cafe serves up. The historic home is beautiful, bright and airy and the outdoor patio was ideal on a breezy summer day. Can't wait to visit again for dinner!

1  Thank Mudfoot4