“Would have been 5 stars, but service is sooo slow”

Banana Leaf Modern Thai
Reserve with OpenTable
Banana Leaf Modern Thai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 156 Restaurants in Mason
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mason Montgomery Rd.
Description: Banana Leaf Modern Thai provides a treat for all the senses! Each dish is homemade and presented as a work of art. Menu favorites include Curry dishes, Spring Rolls, and of course the wildly popular Pad Thai. For those wanting to try new things, our Chef creations include Filet Mignon Panang and Crispy Diva Sea Bass. We also offer brown rice and vegetarian inspired dishes. Much of the produce is organic and we support locally grown. Don"t be surprised to see the Chef open the kitchen door to snip herbs from the outdoor patio! The decor completes the dining experience with each room on both floors uniquely decorated and upbeat global music plays in the background. Enjoy tapas and wine in the lounge or dine outdoors in nice weather on our two outdoors patios. Both are beautifully landscaped and include waterfalls. Open 7 days for lunch and dinner. Large parties are welcome and reservations are recommended. We look forward to serving you!
Mason, Ohio
“Would have been 5 stars, but service is sooo slow”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Everything tasted great... Spring rolls, pot stickers, lettuce wraps, Pad Thai, mason noodles... All very good. Nice amount of spice and Thai flavor. Only drawback is the service. They need more help in the kitchen and more servers. Hopefully they get it together or they won't get much repeat business. We'll be back... But only because the food is very good.

Visited August 2014
Dana T, Owner at Banana Leaf Modern Thai, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to write a review. It's nice to hear you enjoyed our food. I am very sorry you did not receive the level of service you deserve as a guest. I personally will bring your feedback to the attention of the staff so we can improve. We all appreciate your patronage and are looking forward to your next visit!

Roswell, Georgia, United States
“Never. Again.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

First and last time I will ever step foot in this establishment. I waited over an hour for my to go order. Service was horrible!!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Amie132
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit. I will make sure to look into your feedback personally. This is not the standard we hold here at Banana Leaf and this incident will be discussed with the staff. I encourage you to give us another try so we can win you over.

Middletown
“Sorry Banana Leaf”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We waited a long time to just be seated even with reservations. We were a large party of 10 but service was extremely slow. The Pad Thai Goong only had 4 shrimp. The dish had heat but lacked flavor. Our food came out at different times but one in our party was forgotten and we had to Remind the waitress about his food. Requests for water were ignored or forgotten. We will not return.

1 Thank Lynda G
Thank you for your recent visit, Lynda. I am sorry to hear about your recent experience at Banana Leaf. I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review to let us know about this. I will personally bring this to the attention of my staff. I hope you give us another try so we can show you how things are really done here.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great Food and Service, but not quite all put together”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Our server was terrific and the food delicious. However, they don't seem to have their act together. The server was extremely knowledgeable and friendly, but stretched way too thin - too many tables to serve and we didn't get the attention we would have liked. The time between courses was also way long. We didn't blame the server, seemed like a management problem to me - not enough help on the floor or in the kitchen. I'd go back, but only if I have plenty of time.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
“One of my Favorites in Mason!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Whenever I go home to Ohio, I stop by here. The atmosphere is great--this is a historic home with its own ghost, Rebecca McClung, that I grew up hearing about. After a slew of in-and-out restaurants, Banana Leaf Thai is here to stay. Prices are appropriate for the food and atmosphere, though not cheap. Everything on the menu is amazing, and the "heat" in the food is always perfectly prepared to order, from the rolls, to the curries, to the pad Thai. As a vegetarian, there is an abundance of options as well, including substitutions for non vegetarian items. The staff is first-class as well, and will work hard to accomodate any requests.

• Visited April 2014
Dana T, Manager at Banana Leaf Modern Thai, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear that you are always pleased with the meals and level of service we provide you during each visit! I speak for all of us when I say that we are looking forward to your next visit home.