“Needs attention”

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 1 November 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I'm picky. I'm a woman, traveling alone and was quite prepared to sleep in my clothes on top of the bed if I had to. I was on a trip from upstate NY to Texas, and this was my first stop. The check-in was easy, the lobby was nice.. but when she told me the price, I thought I had picked a dump. LOL! (Off-season price I suppose.) When I opened my room door.. I was so happy I had stopped here. I had never heard of Microtel prior, but it looked better than the other two nearby. My room was clean, quiet and the bed was comfortable. (6 pillows total.. nice!) I don't usually leave reviews unless I have a really bad experience or a great one. This was perfect in every way. When I stopped again, I looked specifically for another Microtel, but settled for another hotel because I was tired and couldn't go any further. Thank you!!! Helen

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed at the Microtel for the 3rd time in a few years for the Western & Southern Open in August. Let me just say that this hotel is NOT worth $150 per night, let alone $100. I was somehow able to lock in a rate of $80 per night in a "suite" which is pretty much the cheapest you are going to get anywhere in Mason during the tournament. They definitely take advantage of people during this week but what are you going to do? The decor is in serious need of an update as well as the applances, electronics and furniture. Our room a pull out couch that was difficult to sit on because it pretty much collapsed. The mini fridge was disgusting and should be thrown away. The TV was probably purchased in the 80s. We were there to sleep and shower so it did the job. However, do not stay here if the going rate is over $100. The only other placecs I have stayed at are the Super 8 and Kings Island Resort & Conference center. They are all dumps. I don't know how nice the Hampton and Baymont are, but I would have to imagine they are at least slightly nicer. The Great Wolf Lodge is always the priciest but it is also the newest. If you are in town for the tennis tournament and are willing to drive from the exit 10 minutes south, you are much better off doing so. We prefer not to get caught in traffic so we stay very close to the tournament grounds.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Travellers also viewed these Mason hotels
Baymont Inn & Suites Mason
Super 8 Mason
Super 8 Mason
#16 of 18 in Mason
Comfort Suites - Kings Island
Quality Inn & Suites Mason
Best Western Mason Inn
Hampton Inn Cincinnati - Kings Island

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mason/Kings Island? Share your experiences!