When we arrived I asked what floor we would be on and if they had a first floor room. The desk clerk said all the first floor rooms were taken, our rooms were on the second floor and there are no elevators. Then he said “you did not make a request for a first floor room”. Of course they did not mention the lack of an elevator when I made the reservation.
This is an old, dimly lit hotel badly in need of renovation. It did not appear to be dirty but who could tell in the dark? We think we can feel ( can’t see ) dust on the bedposts. The room was so dark we almost missed the fruit loops they left us under the bed. Yuck! The TV is from the eighties, no make that the seventies. Looking out the window we have a nice view of a car wash. There is a strange smell, could it be the moldy smell of old soap from the car wash? No wait, that’s the smell of urine.
Our room is towards the end of the hall, one entrance on the end. While you stroll down the hall you can look at the wildlife, like spiders and moths. Right outside the door there is an area where people go to smoke, there are lots and lots of cigarette butts.
If all they will give you is second floor you should know that there is also no ice service on the second floor. The manager seems to think this is all right. No elevator, no ice, don’t even think about a cooler.
You get the impression that everything is done to be cheap. No air conditioning in the halls, we were there in the summer and it was 90+ degrees in the halls easily. The lights in the bathroom and entry way are on timers so you don’t use too much of their electricity. Even the real cheap hotels let you leave the lights on while you are there.
The breakfast was egg patties and sausage with bagels, cereals and a waffle maker. That is not too bad if they keep up with keeping it supplied. The breakfast area is small, there are signs that say not to take food to your room. So don’t plan on breakfast in your room. They also have signs saying not to fill your “ice chests” with ice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located close to King's Island Amusement Park, The Beach Waterpark, Heritage Oak Park, Mason Sports Park, Lebanon Sports Complex, McCgee Sports Courts,Linden Tennis Center, The Golf Center, Miami Valley Gaming Casino and only 20 miles from downtown Cincinnati. Also in close proximity to all major businesses in Mason, OH. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Mason reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Inn Mason Hotel Mason
- Best Inn Mason
- Quality Inn & Suites Mason Ohio