“good food but service was extremely poor”

Ranked #27 of 159 Restaurants in Mason
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

enjoyed our visit. service for spore, food for slow coming from kitchen. When it did arrive, food was very good. Atmosphere was nice. Would consider try again.

There are newer reviews for Old Bag of Nails Pub

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Dropped in the bar at the beginning of August after recommendations from friends. We've been back virtually every weekend since! When my parents came over from England I think we ate there 4 times in 5 days!

Our second visit was after a meal downtown for our wedding anniversary. We drove back towards home and decided to drop in here for a beer. Got talking to the person behind the bar (who was the manager / owner) and she gave us the drinks on the house! Awesome!!

We have a 1 year old and a 2 year old and they can be trouble when we take them out for dinner. But for some reason they never have meltdowns here!

The food is pretty good (love the french dip) but the best part is the beer! An excellent selection of craft beers at great prices (personnel favorite is the Paulaner Oktoberfest. 1L for $8!)

Most of the servers know us know (well, know my girls!) and we're always warmly welcomed when we go back in.

I'm sure we'll be there again next weekend too!
Virtually all of the servers now us know.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

My wife and I just recently discovered this restaurant. It's at the end of a strip mall close to Kings Island. The place really didn't look like much from the outside. However, the inside was really decorated nice and they had a ton of TVs. It had a good pub feel to it. We've eaten there now 3 times and the food was really good each time. In particular, we think that their fish is quote good. We live relatively close so this will probably be someplace we will frequent. As I said, it convenient to Kings Island and may get crowded in the summer.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

We had eaten at a location in Columbus (1.5 hours for us), so we were tickled to see one move within 30 minutes of our home. Fish is their specialty, whether fried, broiled, or blackened. Main dishes we have enjoyed are: Gaylord's Fish Dinner and the Fish & Chips. Their New England Reuben, made with their famous fried fish, was STELLAR! I do not like Reubens, but I would order this for myself. My husband is a huge Reuben fan, and this unique Reuben did not disappoint. I had the Portobello Burger, which was a little lacking in substance. I didn't feel satiated when done with my sandwich. Their Veggie Kabob side dish is fantastic and very unique! We both enjoyed the freshness of the lightly-cooked veggies and the slightly sweet glaze on top........will certainly get that again. Overall, great food, good value, and good service.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

I've lived in Mason 30 years and never knew this place existed until I got a coupon. We had a very patient waiter, great service and the food was good. I loved the Potato Cakes! Fish and Chips were really good, onion rings were perfect. I tasted some of everyone's food. I didn't like the club sandwich so much. The turkey and ham were grilled and I didn't notice that on the menu. So make sure you understand that when ordering a club. My mom enjoyed the bread pudding. Strip Mall location provides lots of parking. I like the ambiance,