The Beach Waterpark
Ranked #5 of 15 things to do in Mason
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The beach is a great place if you can get some discount tickets. We were able to get in for 2 for $25. We spent the whole day there an it was so fun. King's Island is nice, but this place is cheaper, and is just a water park. So it isn't as crowded.

All reviews
"food and drinks"
in 4 reviews
"fun place to go"

Reviewed 18 September 2013

After being closed in 2012, the Beach Waterpark reopened in 2013 under new management. Some of the older water attractions have been removed and replaced with more family friendly ones. Most of the water slides have been painted a new color, and there is evidence of other little things that show improvements.

The workers were professional and friendly. The charge to park a car is a little high, but it is less than most amusement parks charge for parking. Admission is reasonable, and if you go on a day that is not so crowded, you can enjoy all the park has to offer to its fullest.

It may not be an award winner to the typical roller coaster enthusiast crowd, but it is certainly one of the better stand alone water parks in this country and arguable the best in Ohio.

3  Thank Amusementparkguy
Reviewed 11 September 2013

While visiting The Beach Waterpark this past Saturday, August 24th, 2013, we rode the Big Kahuna. As I have ridden the ride many of times before, I have never had a bad experience like this one this past Saturday.
I rode with my father in the front and myself in the back seat. We came off the last drop of the slide and our raft did not stop! It kept going and sending us at an extremely fast pace into the cement wall at the end of the pool. My father was lucky to have ducked his head in time to not hit the cement wall straight on! Instead with his left foot in front, he ducked he hit his shoulder and head! With the force I was crashed into my father’s body.
As I stood up and pushed the raft away, my father was trying to catch his breath and stand up. While I’m trying to help my father up, continuing to push the raft away I saw the life guard just standing there. Taking a step back from his post, without offering to help my father or I out, I called my husband (who witnessed all this with my sister) to come in and help us out. As we were being helped out by my husband, it was pointed out to me by other witnesses that there was no cushion to soften any kind of stop at the ending pool. It is a piece of flapping old foam and straight concrete under with a wooden post above where the lifeguard stood.
My husband came into the water and got my father over to side walk to sit down. As the ride continued and guests we’re asking if we we’re okay if they could get someone to help. It wasn’t until my husband went over to the lifeguard and asked for him to call a medic that we we’re acknowledge by the lifeguard.
Finding out the guard did not have a whistle to call; he left his post to go get someone. We then had two other lifeguards come up to us, ask where the lifeguard standing at the bottom was, we replied ‘to find a medic’. Never introducing them to us, we later found out one of the guards were the supervisor on duty.
We let my father sit for few minutes, with the supervisor asking what exactly happened and if everyone was okay. She offers a wheelchair; we decline and walk my father to the first aid office where we were introduced to Nick, the manager of the park that day.
As my father was getting checked out, bruises we’re coming forth and found out that my father remembered very little, having instant bruise on his foot and ankle, shoulder and an instant headache.
Procedures are what are shocking to me… I used to work at The Beach years ago, and every lifeguard had a whistle and a first aid fanny pack. The whistle is your emergency call; we were left without a lifeguard and a whistle for minutes, the emergency was not taken seriously.
I am very shocked with how this getting us help in the pool was handled and carried out.

AND the GM has yet to take any care in contacting me back- very professional.

2  Thank Amanda K
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We went to the Beach and were happy to find at the gate that the entrance fee was only $10 for the day per person. Several of their lifeguards had recently returned to college, so they couldn't have all of the rides open at the same time, but it really wasn't a problem. There were at least 4 attractions open at any given time all day.
Our kids liked all of the rides, we enjoyed the lazy river as a family. The food and drinks were nice, the restrooms and changing areas were nice and clean as well.

1  Thank lisangel78
See more reviews
Reviewed 9 September 2013

My family and I went to The Beach over the weekend and renewed our season passes for 2014. We have been members for many years. In 2012 the Beach filed for bankruptcy and was purchased by Adventure Holdings LLC. They have put a lot of money into the park, and are slowly bringing the park back to its previous condition. There are a number of water slides you can ride as well as a wave pool and a heated family pool. Food is offered as well as drinks and on Sunday's they many times will have a Reggie band playing. We find the atmosphere to be laid back and relaxing.

We were impressed with how the park is being brought back to life. The price for a season pass is well worth it if you live in the Cincinnati/Mason/Dayton area of Ohio. A daily pass is also fairly inexpensive. The water park is right across the street from King's Island, so a family staying in the area would have an opportunity to visit both sites. There are many hotels in the area, some of which offer discounts to the water park.