“Brand new property in July 2014”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Cincinnati Mason
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Mason
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Brand new property in July 2014”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed at this property the second night they were open. Like other Homewood Suites by Hilton, this property is very roomy. Suites and studio configurations are available. We got a suite. Half of the room is made up of a kitchen and living room while the other half, which is separated by a door, consists of a bedroom and bathroom. The kitchen is comparable to a college apartment with full size appliances. The living room includes a TV and pull out couch. The bedroom includes a second TV and either two queen size beds or a single king.

My only complaint with our room was the smell. Because the property was brand new, the smell of the adhesives and such that were used during construction was still present. The next day, we each woke up congested and with a tickle in our throats. By mid-afternoon, this had passed. In time, the hotel will air our more and this will no longer be an issue.

I always like the complementary breakfast with this Hilton brand however at this property, I felt like a couple items were missing. Specifically, a self serve waffle maker. I commented to the staff at checkout this would make a good addition. I think the breakfast staff was still getting accustomed to everything. They ran out of OJ so I took the picture to them and asked for more. They said they would get it. After ten minutes, I gave up and had milk instead. It did not feel like they had a big crowd that morning, I think they were simply not running smoothly yet. That will come in time.

Would I stay there again? Eventually, yes. I would not stay there in the immediate future because of the construction related odors but would certainly return in couple months once the air is fresher. I really like this Hilton brand and this one was in a good location conveniently located by restaurants, retail, and King's Island.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Megan M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Cincinnati Mason, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Thanks for your feedback first and foremost we do value your opinion. I must say the new hotel smell (odors) have come to a minimum. We have also started to set up the breakfast bar up to standards. I actually hired a food and beverage director and she is amazing.

I’d love for you to give us another chance to get it right, I promise you we will!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Huntington, West Virginia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are spacious and first class. We stayed their opening weekend and even though the staff was very business, anxious, and working on small details, the service was simply outstanding. Meghan, the asst General manager, was simply fantastic as was all the staff we encountered.

Simply a fantastic spot in a great location. Near Kings Island (5 miles) and near the Great American Ballpark (20 miles)

Would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone. The rates were competitive with other hotels in the area as well so if you are price shopping and want a really nice hotel with a great staff, this is a must stay on a value basis as well compared with the other options in a 40 mile radius.

1 Thank Todd S
Thanks you so much for your kind comments! We strive on getting customer service right here and we always put our guest best interest at heart first!

Can’t wait to have you home again!
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel on it's second night open. I knew that it was a new hotel, and expected the staff to be new, but thought they'd be better trained. When we first arrived, the front desk associate told me our room wasn't ready, which was a big deal for us because we have a 4 year old who was past due for a nap. It was 3:30 p.m., 30 minutes past check in. She said it would be ready in five minutes, then handed me the keys. In my mind, I wondered why I had keys to a dirty room. I asked her if she would inform me when it was ready. "It's ready now" was her response. I had to ask where to find the elevator, where to find our room number on the key envelope, just little things that I expected to be standard in the initial training.

We stayed at this hotel on our way back from a college visit at the University of Cincinnati. We'd made plans to go to The Beach Waterpark, which was about a 15 minute drive away from the hotel. There were lots of food places around, a little bit of shopping, a very nice area to stay in Mason. We were also about 30 minutes drive away from the Cincinnati Premium Outlets, another favorite landmark of our family.

The next morning, when my husband went to scope out breakfast, he described it as "a zoo", a startling description from someone who typically thrives on chaos and disorganization! :-) There was no food, no coffee, and not even any crumbs! So we ended up going to Waffle House around the corner. At the end of our visit, of course the luggage racks were all in use so we carried our luggage down to the car. We were asked three times on our way to car what our room number was. "We're not ready to check out yet! Just loading the car!" we told each of the employees who asked.

Other than those minor irritations, my expectations were met. The room itself was VERY nice, of course, being a brand new hotel we expected nothing less. We had a one bedroom suite with two queen beds in the bedroom. The full size refrigerator was great and we had plenty of room for myself, my husband, my preschooler and two teenage boys.

Overall, it was a satisfactory experience.

1 Thank W3L0V32TRAV3L
I hate to hear how your stay wasn’t up to par. I do admit our first couple days of opening we failed to deliver the highest expectations that you deserved. However with that being said the girls really learned through the hardships. The best way of learning in my opinion is to make mistakes, I hate the fact it affected your stay. We have come a long way I would love the chance to make this up to you if ever your back in the area, please consider giving us another try!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

The hotel is brand new in July 2014. As you would expect with a new hotel, the room and public areas were all in great shape. Rooms have a full size fridge, microwave, 2 burner cook top and dishwasher. King size rooms have separate bedroom with door and a pull out sofa, which was a huge plus for us since they didn't have any doubles. The kids could sleep on the pull out. Free breakfast and wifi were very nice. Also, the staff was very helpful and pleasant.

2 Thank Taylor A
Thanks so much for your kind comments regarding our hotel. We are working hard to keep up on all of our new equipment and hoping we can stay looking new for years to come. Can’t wait to have you back!