“Clean, modern, and staff is GREAT!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Cincinnati Mason
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Mason
Owensboro, Kentucky
“Clean, modern, and staff is GREAT!”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I stayed here for business and this hotel was by far the most comfortable hotel I ever stayed in. The manager, Jeremy, was super nice and walked around every morning making sure everything is running the way it should be and that everything is clean. Big kudos to him for running a top notch hotel! His staff is amazingly friendly and will go out of their way to make sure your stay is awesome. And last but certainly not least, the room was the cleanest room I've ever seen. I wish every hotel I stayed at was an experience like this one.

Room Tip: There is construction going on in the back of the hotel, so if you are a late sleeper, you may want...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Megan M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Cincinnati Mason, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you so much for noticing how great our General Manager Jeremy is. He runs a tight ship! He has really made the word team come alive here at our hotel! He has an award winning staff on his hands.
The credit is his; the man never takes a day off!

Also I’m so glad you loved the rooms here, I’m telling you the room is so spacious there is no telling what could fit inside! I’m glad you got to experience our hotel. We can’t wait to have you back. You’re family now, hurry and get back home!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
midwest
Reviewed 23 August 2014

As mentioned in other reviews, the hotel is new and the furnishings and overall layout is modern and comfortable. While visiting on a weekend, it was not busy, so the hotel was relatively quiet. The pool was absolutely freezing. I'm not sure if it is simply unheated or they chose not to turn it on. The breakfast could be improved as well. The selection was a bit limited and the attendants did not seem overly friendly. The oatmeal looked was so over cooked, you could not scoop it out of the kettle. The scones were delicious and a nice addition to the typically Homewood breakfast selection. The hotel is located close to several restaurant options and to Kings Island. Greater’s ice cream is a 3 minute walk from the hotel. This is the best Hilton property in the area if you are visiting KI. The room rate was a bit high for Mason, but it may be driven by the high season for Kings Island. If in the area, I would return again under the belief that management will address these kinks.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Megan M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Cincinnati Mason, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you so much for your review. I love hearing we are the best property in the area as far as visiting Kings Island. We do aim to please. I will most defiantly be looking into the pool temperature. We are also adding things daily to our breakfast bar. We have been working through all the kinks of opening a new hotel. I hope you will give us another chance in the future!
Rushville, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed here with my family to visit Kings Island. It is close to the park. The hotel offered a very large room with a fully equipped kitchen. The breakfast was a hot and cold buffet and filled us up before hitting the park for the day. It was worth the 10 minute drive to get the better hotel experience.

1 Thank Martha H
Megan M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Cincinnati Mason, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Thank you so much for a great review! I’m glad you gave us a try! Can’t wait to have you back! Remember here at Homewood you’re not just our guest, you're family!
England
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The good points, all brand new, clean and fresh, staff still bedding themselves in and not aware to even mention the company policies when you tell them you had a poor night.

I was there for nearly 2 weeks and complained about noise on the first night and asked to be moved to a higher up room, no mention of their happiness policy but moved without any issue, even after the lady said I see there was notes on the booking to be away from the elevator, guess where they originally put me :)

This is the crux of the flaw, the hotel is everything the other posters say but it is such a noisy hotel, noisy because of the way the hotel has been built. you can here nearly full conversations from the rooms next door, as I was there so long it wasn't just the odd noisy people on the rooms, it was every one that was there. You can hear showers, toilets flush and there is a constant electrical hum coming from the corridors which comes into the room. Some of these noises are the same at many other hotels but being a newly built hotel you would expect the the hotel would have better sound proofing.

I would suggest that Hilton spend a night at the Drury in Sharonville, that's how you build a new quiet hotel.

Breakfast was good but I only had cereal, had one of the night time meals but to be honest they were not up to much and was surprised that they now have a Food Director, they haven't done much in the last couple of weeks. Sorry :(

Staff training is a must, I bet not one of the staff knew I was there for as long as I was. The hotel makes you check out, seems a step backwards as most hotels now put the bill under the door when you have used your credit card.

Over all could have been an amazing hotel and while it's new it would still be my first choice in Mason for short stays but once it gets older and for longer stays I would probably stay else where.

Room Tip: You need a room on the fourth floor
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank eslick
Megan M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Cincinnati Mason, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
It seriously breaks my heart to hear this response. I wish I could have made things right for you. I feel awful that you were made to feel as if we didn’t know you were here. We do truly have our guest best interest at heart. With that being said I do hope you give us another chance in the future. We have been re-training, and we will continue to train our staff until we get it right.
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We could not believe how spacious and beautifully decorated the 1 bedroom 2 queen suite was. The kitchen area was very modern. Only thing lacking is we would have liked a small oven in addition to the 2 burners and microwave. The pool and fitness rooms were wonderful. The complimentary breakfast was a bit limited but very good and staff was very helpful. We will definitely stay here again.

1 Thank 423ruthj
Megan M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Cincinnati Mason, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback! We love to hear great reviews and ideas for the future! Cant wait to have you back.
Bloomfield Hills, United States
Reviewed 6 August 2014

If your travel needs take you to the greater Cincinnati area, be sure to stay at this brand new all suite hotel. It is hard to believe that a new property is so well run, the staff so well trained, so helpful and caring. If I didn't experience it myself, I wouldn't believe it was possible.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Megan M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Cincinnati Mason, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments! We have been open three weeks today! I am thrilled you noticed our staff shining and how paaionate we can be! Our goal is truly to make you feel at home and apart of our family! Cant wait to have you back!
Twin Lake, Michigan
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel is brand new and just opened. The rooms are beautiful and equipped for both a short or long term stay. The rooms are very comfy...you may just want to stay longer than you planned! The breakfast is typical with several hot options along with the normal continental options that include toast, bagels, cereal, fruit, etc. The breakfast team was very accommodating and even continued to make more hot food after 9:30 (the normal serving time). During our stay there were a couple of rude guests taking pictures of empty food dishes at 9:30. If they get posted anywhere please ignore as the breakfast team did make hot food for these late guests.

1 Thank Andibaby5
Megan M, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Cincinnati Mason, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you so much for a great review. We aim to go above and beyond for our guest here at Homewood. When we say we want you to feel at home we mean it! Your family now, we can't wait to have you back!