“Great time”

Ranked #2 of 15 things to do in Mason
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Let me start by saying I am not the diehard tennis fan, my significant other is. That being said, we both had a great time! There's lots of stuff going on for all levels of interest. Plus it was really cool to be mere feet away from some of the biggest names in the game while they were practicing. We'll definitely be back!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Went to the Western and Southern Open for the first time. The venue is attractive and clean. It's a more intimate atmosphere than the US Open in New York so you get an up close feel on most of the courts. We very much enjoyed our visit and definitely would go back but I made the mistake of buying tickets for session 1 not realizing it wasn't round 1. Unlike the US open, session 1 is the qualifying round. I bought these tickets in the fall of 2013 and nothing related to the schedule was published yet. I do my research and due diligence before I ever buy and I have to say the W & S website and the ticketmaster website could have done a better job of letting the buyer know that at time of purchase. I paid an extreme price to get a better seat when it is definitely not necessary as you can sit there are empty seats all over the place in center court since it isn't crowded this early in the tournament. It was my mistake and I won't make it again, but frankly, they should be ashamed for charging that price to see qualifying rounds with consequently no top names. Parking for us was a bit of an issue and we would hope the venue improves on it in the future. We had some elderly fans with us who aren't wheelchair bound but do have some mobility issues. I called in advance for guidance and was told to follow the parking staff for appropriate parking. We arrived 90 minutes early. Plenty of spaces available so no problem there. With the handicapped placard showing we did get waved passed the general parking where most people seemed to be parking but they sent us so far down an aisle it was away from the road and walkways -- This was not the handicapped parking shown on the map. The shuttles weren't yet running so they sent an atv cart with one seat to transport us. That helped one of our elderly patrons but left the rest of us including the other elderly patron to walk. Fortunately the passenger who got the ride was able bodied enough to wait alone at the gate. Mind you it was a long walk because of how far from the road they placed us. The shortest distance between our car and the East entrance (which was closest entrance) was up over a hill and through a grassy field (not groomed nearly as nice nor as short as the parking grass). I'd say it took us at least 10 minutes to walk it. Not good for our elderly visitors!! Once inside, our elderly fans managed to get around okay but the stairs in center court sec 720 were a bit much (you either take the steps up OR take the elevator up and walk down the steps - neither was ideal for us). The only other negative I noticed was that the bathrooms started out clean but by the end of the day were smelly. Overall we enjoyed the event and the establishment and would go again.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is ALL the top tennis players in the WORLD. It is a perfect venue. Everyone is so nice. Midwest personalities.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is an absolutely fabulous event at a fabulous facility. My wife and I are serious tennis fans and watch most of the big events on TV. Watching it live, however, is a totally different and wonderful experience, not to pass up if one has the chance. This event features U.S. Open level of quality of play on both the men's and women's side. The difference, though, is that attending this event for us (who live in Kansas City) costs us about 1/5 to 1/3 what it would cost for us to attend the U.S. Open in New York City. All the best players play here and there is access to see them really close up on the practice courts. The food and drink prices are pretty high but within reason. They don't charge for parking. The facility itself is simply wonderful. There are no bad seats in the main stadium. Matches on the grandstand offer really close seating. There is lots of variety of food and beverage choices. This is must attend event for us now and we plan to continue attending as long as we can. This is usually the highlight of our year when it comes to vacations. Totally and enthusiastically recommend for all those who enjoy tennis.

1  Thank John E
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Don't miss the opportunity for world class tennis, amazing access to high profile athletes, great music, food and fun--all right in the Cincinnati area and at reasonable prices. From Aug 9-17, all of the above are right in your neighborhood. I am a long time volunteer and cannot describe how lucky we are to have this first class event. Went to Wimbleton and have to say that I saw more tennis with more access to players, autographs and photo sessions in Cincinnati. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank overtheriver1999