“Excellent staff at a good value property”

Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Mason
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Excellent staff at a good value property”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

While the Baymont is a good hotel, what really makes it shine is the professionalism, friendliness, and industriousness of its staff who were always eager to answer our questions. We recommend the Baymont as an excellent value property.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Allen T
Joe L, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mason, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Dear Allen,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel We know that you have many of choices when it comes to hotel lodging especially in our area. I am very proud of my hotel staff because they all share the same visions as I do in the hotel industry. Since I took this hotel over as new management, we have made many of changes for the best and look forward to many more. Your review lets me know that what we are doing is effective. I will share with my staff your kind words. We hope to serve you again in the near future. Always feel free to call us on us as our doors are always open.

Thanks Again,

Baymont Inn & Suites Mason

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Toledo, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I would like to start by saying that by no means I am a hotel reviewer, but after my stay here I think I am going to find out how. I took my family to
Kings Island this past weekend, I do not like to pay big money for a place to sleep, I hunt for deals on the internet, Baymont came up a lot. So I said why not. Booking was a snap. When we checked in on Friday evening Amanda at the front desk greeted me as I walked in the front door, Check in was really easy, she mentioned that the hotel was under construction and their is a general construction mess, missing wallpaper, dry wall dust and the smell of paint. I asked her if they hammer at night and she replied no, so I said what is the problem.. To me the place looked good, they are trying to fix it up and make it look better, so beside the construction mess the lobby was clean and neat. We went to the second floor to our room, Opened the door and was extremely happy. The room was huge and clean, bath room was clean and the sink area was clean, yes there was a small amount of dry wall dust, but anyone who did remodeling lives with dust until they are done. The beds where comfortable the A/C unit worked. The room was quite, did not here anyone from other rooms. At 10:30 we ordered pizza it should have been there at 11:05. I went down to the lobby and waited, Amanda and Jessica at the front desk asked how every thing was and how the room was, I had no complaints. At about 11:30 Jessica call the pizza place for me and asked where it was, she was very polite and respectful to the pizza place. On saturday night when we came back from the park, Jessica was at the front desk again, She asked how the park was and if we had a good time, She spoke with my kids and that made them and me feel good. She wished us a good night and thanked use form choosing Baymont. Again a wonderful sleep. Checking out sunday morning was a snap. Amanda was at the front desk, She thanked my for staying.
The Hotel was nice but what made this stay awesome was Jessica and Amanda. I am not saying that other staff was not but the only two people I dealt with were those two. If you are look for a great place to sleep and stay you must choose this place, they make you feel good as soon as you enter and until you leave.
Thank you Baymont and thank you Jessica and Amanda.
I hope the GM reads this and recognize Jessica and Amanda for the good job they did. I will be staying there again.

Room Tip: We stayed across from the elevator, and it was quiet so any room is good.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Doug D
Joe L, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mason, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Dear Doug,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Baymont Inn & Suites-Mason Ohio. We are so glad you chose us for your stay. Our number one focus is to provide a great stay for a great value with the best guest service. Amanda and Jessica are very important assets to my hotel and I am glad to know that they did everything to make your stay a pleasurable stay. We look forward to your future arrivals when you are in the area. Please feel free to call on us anytime you need anything. Our Hometown Hospitality is number one and is a promise.

Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed 5 May 2013

This is a great place to stay. The price is right and the hotel is just off the interstate, made it very easy to find. There are several places to eat close by. They are right next door to a Skyline Chili and Wendy's. Both of these restaurant's were in walking distance of the hotel. If you did not want to leave the hotel there are plenty of places that deliver. Check in was a breeze. I could tell that they were going through a renovation, they had signs posted to let you know and the front desk let me know as I checked in. This did not bother me, this just meant that they were making improvements to the place, kudos to them! The desk clerk let me know about their complimentary breakfast in the morning. I was just ready for a relaxing evening and a good nights rest. I woke up the next morning refreshed and ready to start my day. Thank you Baymont for your comfortable bed and friendly staff. I will be back when I am in the Mason area.

Room Tip: Microwaves and fridges are a little outdated, carpet a little worn in places, very nice spacious roo...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Michele T
Dear Michelle,

I am delighted that you took the time to review our Baymont Inn & Suites Mason Ohio. Our number one focus is to provides the best guest service along with a great value to our guest. Our renovation is a huge accomplishment for us and will make a great difference for all of our future guest. We are so glad that you had a wonderful stay with us and look forward to serving you in the near future. Our Hometown Hospitality is alway available for you and your family. Come back and see us soon.

Thank You and Your Welcome!

LaPlace, Louisiana
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this place. The hotel is right off of 71. Front staff was very professional and helpful. Check in was smooth and very quick. The hotel was clean and had fresh smell of paint in hallway. Room was large and bed was very comfortable. Hotel was very clean. The price I spent was very resonable for the area.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank BorntoTravel555
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Baymont Inn & Suites Mason Ohio. I am so glad that we were able to provide you with a clean room and a clean hotel. Our new look is a great improvement for our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed it. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Always remeber that our Hometown Hospitality is always available to you anytime.

Fort Wayne, IN
Reviewed 1 May 2013

We took a group of 69 band and choir members to King's Island for a contest. The Baymont Inn & Suites went beyond what they needed to do. When we checked in, there were more cookies than the students could eat. Chris and Jessica had the keys all ready with the names on the key jacket, which made it very easy for us to distribute. "What can we do to help" was heard many, many times from the staff. When a couple of the non-smoking rooms smelled of smoke, Chris and Jessica not only moved the kids to another room, but gave them upgrades where they could. The hotel provided a separate room for us to use for breakfast.

If Jessica heard us talking about a place to go, she immediately got directions for us. This property is very close to several eating places and just across the street from King's Island. They were gracious enough to give our bus driver a very late checkout so that she would be legal for our trip home.

Carpet is a little dated, but the beds were very comfortable. The students loved the pool. Only complaint is that there is only one elevator.

Thanks to the entire staff and especially Chris and Jessica for making our stay very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Stay on the 1st floor to avoid having to use the elevator.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Likes2Fly-82
Joe L, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mason, responded to this review, 8 May 2013
Dear Group,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule with the band to post a review on our hotel. Here at the Baymont Inn & Suites Mason, we work hard to provide the best guest service there is in the market. Our Hometown Hospitality is a reflection of the supurb service that we we provide to our guest. I will share your review with all the staff and especially Chris and Jessica.

We look forward to serving you again for all ofyour booking needs.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 28 April 2013

From the minute I walked in the door, all the positives I'd read other places were confirmed. Autumn, the supervisor, and Denita, the manager, were both amazingly helpful in getting me checked in early, answering my questions, and just being personable and friendly. I had reserved another night so I had two separate reservations and when I went down early in the morning to check out and check back in to the same room they made it quick, painless, and super friendly even though I think she was busy dealing with the breakfast area. I couldn't be happier with the room, the location, and especially the staff. They are renovating but they were very clear and honest about that and apologized several times. How can you be upset with people who are trying to be the best? Amazing stay all around.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank kirksheppard
Dear Mr Sheppard,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. As the new General Manager of the hotel, we have made so many positive changes to our hotel and I am glad that you had a chance to experience that during your stay with a positve outlook. I am also very proud of Denita and Autumn and of course the rest of my staff for all of their hard work. I want to thank you for understanding of our transformation of the property as it is for the best. If you ever need anything, please call on us as our doors are always open.