“" Great time in Ohio..!!"”

Baymont Inn & Suites Mason
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Mason
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We are frequent guests here at Baymont,, we enjoy everything that is offered here, the hospitallity, the friendliness of all the staff, the cleanliness of everything, the comfotable beds , fresh rooms, and the new items that have been added to the breakfast menu. We appreciate everything that they do for their customers , that is why this is our first choice of hotel in Mason,ohio........!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dipti P, Assistant Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mason, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Wow!!! Thank you for making us your number one choice. We appreciate your heart felt thoughts. I will forward your sentiments to all our associates. We are glad that we have exceeded your expectations. All of us here at Baymont want to make your trip a pleasurable experience, this time and many more times in the future. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We decided to stay at this Baymont after reading some horrendous reviews of the nearby Super 8. We feel that we made the right choice. The owners of the Baymont care deeply about the comfort of their guests. They are very friendly and accommodating, and we enjoyed our 4-night stay there. The room was clean, and the breakfast area was sell-stocked each morning. The only criticism might be the small size of the eating area. One time, we had to take our breakfast back to our room to eat because all of the tables and chairs in the eating area were filled. Our room had a refrigerator, which was nice. The hotel also provides a free shuttle service to and from Kings Island at four regularly scheduled times (morning, early afternoon, evening, night). All in all, this is a very good hotel: clean and well-run. Would definitely stay there again.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. Our mission is to make all of our guests a number one priority as we work through limitations of how our breakfast area is constructed. Thank you for your understanding. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your 4 night stay with us. Please visit us again to take advantage of our "excellent" service and shuttle to Kings Island.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

The room rate was competitive to other area motels. I stayed for more than four days. My room was clean and comfortable. I enjoyed breakfast because it offered wide verity of items.. Being a disabled person, I really appreciated friendly and helpful front desk people. Every evening I walked around motel for my daily exercise, I found that motel was clean and has pleasant landscaping.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank PualLuken
Reviewed 14 July 2014

second year to stay here. Friendliest staff , someone always at front desk. large clean room, biggest shower head ive ever seen, lots of hot water nice size refrigerator, plenty of ice in their up to date ice makers, comfortable beds , clean pool. greatest breakfast with pour your own waffle batter, sausage patties and eggs along with fruits and breads. helpfull staff in dining room and clean. will stay here next time were in town

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank James W
Dipti P, Assistant Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Mason, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Welcome Back! Thank you very much for your kind words. I am glad to see that we met your expectations. It is always our number one priority to make all of our guests experience as enjoyable as possible. The team at Baymont works very hard through daily challenges to make everyone's stay comfortable. I will pass your compliments to each of our team members. Once again, I can not thank you enough for your favorable comments. We definitely want to see you again, and again!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

First impression - DIRTY front doors and windows. We had booked 2 king rooms. Space in rooms was very good. Rooms fairly clean but rooms need up-dated badly - just getting old and worn. Tile in bath needs redone and bottom of tub looked dirty and there were marks all over on the bathroom door. One bed the "fitted" sheet would not stay on and there were no mattress covers so kept going to bare mattress which had seen its better days - sheets very thin also. Check-in was SLOW......they do not speak English very well if at all. One of the workers was very nice and he did his best to help us and it was more than apparent he was also frustrated at the rate of check-in. It was okay for one night but at $125.00 a night it sure could have been better.

Good things.....Very close to The Beach Waterpark and Kings Island. Breakfast was better than normal continental. They had eggs, sausage and waffles which my grandkids loved.

1  Thank Debra S
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Overall I feel that this hotel is a real mix of good and not-so-good. The sorts of properties that you usually stay at will likely determine whether you think this one is a bargain or a bust.

Pros:
-Really great price for the location. We paid $70.99/night with AAA discount for a Tuesday and a Wednesday night and it is literally a five minute drive to King's Island.
-Indoor pool.
-You get breakfast, including one of those awesome waffle makers, eggs, sausage, English muffins, bagels, muffins, cereals, juices, bananas, etc.
-The staff were pleasant and helpful.
-I've read other reviewers comments on cigarette smoke. We were on the first floor and I did not smell smoke.

Cons:
-Bed was a bit too soft for us.
-WiFi in the room was spotty the first night, but worked OK the second. The first night I had to sit in the lobby to connect to check emails.
-Our coffee, creamer, sugar, and cups were not replenished by housekeeping after our first morning, so I had to go to the desk to get more coffee and cups, but he had no access to sugar or creamer, so I just filled a cup with some sugar that was left in the breakfast room.
-The pool seemed just a little bit cloudy.
-Breakfast review: Eggs and sausage should have been hotter, and the attendant seemed to be a bit slow in getting things replenished. For some reason there were no tea bags put out, and the attendant said she didn't have any. So I had to take the hot water water to the room, where there were a couple tea bags in the coffee station.
-The tiny fitness room might as well not be there. It has a stepper and an exercise bike that look like they were there since the place opened (probably mid-Eighties), along with a newer elliptical and a treadmill. I could not get the stepper to turn on. Next I tried the exercise bike. It turned on, but I soon discovered that the left peddle was wobbly and seems to be about to break off the shaft it's attached to. OK, on to the elliptical. It turned on and I started using it, but it soon generated a funny smell, and there were piles of metal shavings built up in one of the tracks on the base. I gave up and went to the last option, the treadmill. It looks like a newer home model, not commercial grade, but it worked just fine. That's one out of four machines in the tiny fitness room that actually works. Why even keep the broken ones crammed in there? Also, the water cooler bottle looked empty, so I didn't even bother trying it. What's also odd that that your room key won't open the fitness room, so you have to go to the desk to have them give you another key card.

If you typically stay at inexpensive motels you will probably find that this property exceeds your expectations. If you typically stay at mid-level or better hotels, you will probably be disappointed. I think that's why the pricing is set where it is.

We've never stayed at a Baymont property, so I don't know if this location is a fair representation of the brand. I do think that this particular location is overdue for a good remodeling.

Would I stay there again? Probably not, we are fortunate that we can afford somewhere nicer. Does that mean that this is the wrong choice for you? Absolutely not. It all depends on your experiences and expectations.

2  Thank Craig M