“Clean but “eh” - Average”

Holiday Inn Express Suites Mason
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Mason
Reviewed 26 December 2011

The Holiday Inn Express Suites in Mason Ohio was clean but our overall experience was nothing more than average. Here are a couple of things we noticed: The staff was about average when it came to being friendly. The breakfast area in the morning was not well attended and we were there shortly after available at around 6:15 AM. The pool maintenance was also not up to par. The room was clean and the appearance of the hotel overall was clean.

Room Tip: Don’t bother with the extra expense of getting a room with the whirlpool. The whirlpool is very sm...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Traci-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Mason, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2012

Thank you for your feedback about my hotel. I would first like to apologize for just being average. We strive everyday as a whole staff to be above average in all departments. I know your concerns about the jacuzzi tubs. We have built them to the standard for Holiday Inn Express as a whole. I realize with how spacious each our rooms are they do look small. I have addressed each of your concerns with my front desk staff and maintenance. I encourage you to stay with us again. We have had some new and exciting changes that I think you would like. If you do have any issues, please let a manager on duty know and I can assure you we will correct your issues right away. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed 8 October 2011

I had stayed at this hotel 3 times in 3 consecutive yrs. The first 2 times were excellent from service to location, the last time (August of 2011) was not as good. I'm a platium priority club member and reserved the room months in advance and noted during time of booking that I was requesting a room on a high floor but when I checked in I was told nothing is available except the ground floor even though they had already set aside a room ready for me the whole day. The checkin agent was not very nice about it either. It was like too bad we don't have it, deal with it. So ok I went along cuz I had a long day and just wanted to check in but then the next day I asked if something opened up and the got the same response, nope they got nothing. For a hotel with a couple hundred rooms (I think), that seemed odd. Anyway, I came back because of the prior 2 yrs good experiences. I will have to seriously rethink this hotel the next time I'm in town. There are choices I'll definitely look into.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Traci-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Mason, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2011

Dear Greenstar,

I appreciate you bringing this feedback to my attention. August is a very busy month for our hotel due to the location being so close to the Pro tennis tournament we have every year. We do our absolute best to make sure that Platinum members requests are honored. I can ensure that if it was not available it was due to how many guests we had booking suites which are located on the upper floors. We have 106 rooms at this hotel and we do our best to honor the special requests you may have, I apologize that you feel the situation wasn't handled correctly and I will make sure I address this with my staff. We hope to serve you again in the future and please if you have any issues please let a manager know so we can take care of addressing your concerns in a more efficient matter. We hope that you will come back next time.

Thank you for your loyality with Holiday Inn Express!

Reviewed 4 October 2011

Stayed here last July for 2 nights with family members the hotel was very clean and located in a good location easy to find off the express way, plenty off restaurants and stores for any last minute items you may of forgot, was nicely located near Kings Island amusement park and about a 15 minute drive to Cincinnati. The staff were very pleasant and helpful with our check in and check out the rooms were very clean and roomy, the area is very nice around the hotel and we will be back very nice for a holiday inn express stay.

Room Tip: We had a regular double room and one of the bigger rooms don't remember if they call it a suite...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Traci-GM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Mason, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2011

Thank you so much for the comments about my staff and my hotel. I take pride in my staff each day and this means so much to them as well. I am glad you enjoyed the larger room which is one of our suites. The two queen suite is perfect for families. It's great that your family came for King's Island. We are located so close that it's perfect for your gathering. I hope you got to enjoy some of the famous Greater's Ice Cream that is located in the parking lot with your entire family. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you and your family again soon!

Reviewed 30 September 2011

I really felt that staying at this hotel was a great experience. The front desk people were friendly, and helped to get me the best deal. The rooms are clean and spacious. I shall keep returning here, whenever I come back to Ohio. The staff is really hardworking, and courteous. They all do everything possible to make the guest's stay comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to stay in Mason.

Room Tip: Just tell the staff your preference, and leave it to them.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2011

“Great Customer Service!”

We enjoyed our stay at the Mason Holiday Inn Express very much! The excellent customer service started before we even checked in. We were in town for a wedding , which was held at 2:00pm. We were driving in from almost 3 hours away and needed a place to get ready before the ceremony. We contacted the manager and he made sure our room was available for early check-in at noon so we were able to get ready. We were very impressed!

The room and bathroom were very spacious.  The room had   one large  flat screen in the bedroom . The channel offering was good. In addition to the bed and dresser, there was a large bench, a lounge chair with ottoman and a work station with large upholstered office chair so there were plenty of places to set our suitcases so that nothing was on the floor and still lots of seating. There was more than enough room for both of us to get ready in the bathroom. The breakfast was nice- lots of choices. The best breakfast I have ever seen at Any other hotel.

Everybody from the Genenal Manager to the house keeping were all very friendly, they were all professional.. Keep it up!!!!!

We very much enjoyed our stay at the Mason Holiday Inn Express because of the exceptional customer service and comfort of the room and will definitely stay again on our next visit!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Everything was fine in terms of the room and the conditions of the hotel (comfortable, quiet, clean, etc.). The only drawback was the quality of the breakfast. My colleagues stayed at the hotel next door for the same price but they benefited from a significantly superior breakfast. The price may have been more deeply discounted through an agreement with the company I work for though. At the end, I would have been very satisfied had I not talked to my colleagues.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed at The Holiday Inn Express while on a trip to Kings Island. We needed two rooms. Both rooms were clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast was delicious and plentiful. The staff kept the dining area clean. It wasn't the closest hotel to Kings Island, but it wasn't too far away. We will use this hotel again. P.S. The chocolate cookies in the lobby were fantastic!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family