“Nice room”

Holiday Inn Express Suites Mason
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Mason
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for weekend soccer tourney. Nice rooms, pleasant helpful staff. Like the quiet policy after 11P. Standard fitness room. Free breakfast not very good with limited healthy options (no yogurt, minimal fruit, instant oatmeal). But Graeter's located in front parking lot was a nice treat for teenage kids

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Daniel P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Mason, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Totustuus217,

Wow what a pleasure it was to have your soccer group here at the hotel. All of the girls were so well behaved and really was a pleasure to be hosting you guys for this tournament. I will let you know we are working on getting more healthy option on the breakfast menu adding Greek yogurt, different flavor oatmeal cups, and more fruit. We will be adding all of that within the next couple weeks. Once again thank you for staying with us and it really was a great weekend to have you. I hope when you in the area you stop by and see us again. Have a great day and if there is anything that you need please feel free to contact us here at the hotel.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Spent two nights here for a business trip and this hotel delivers a lot of value for its low rate. My room (107) was very clean and smelled fresh. It was quiet and the bed was very comfortable. The linens were all in good shape and very clean. The rest of the hotel is in great shape as well. Not sure if they've done any renovations since I was here in 2008, but everything still looks new. Cookies and coffee in the lobby during daytime hours and a pretty comprehensive free breakfast. One tip - avoid the scrambled eggs - they must be from a mix and are pretty mealy. The pancake machine is quite a marvel, although the pancakes are not super tender/fluffy. Still a novelty to have the machine make them though. The gym is small and has treadmills, elliptical and a bike and everything is in working order. My one complaint about the gym is that there are free weights, but no weight bench. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I will likely stay here again as my company has an office right across the street. I won't mind having to stay here again. Oh - one more thing - the wifi worked very well and is quite fast.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Daniel P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Mason, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Mark,

First off let me thank you for giving such a wonderful review with a lot of detail and pictures. It really means so much to us to have a guest critique us in such great detail and lets us know where we need to improve as well as what our strengths are so thank for you for that. Also I want to let you know that even with our workout room being small I'm going to come up with a way to add the workout bench in there. With the breakfast I know IHG letting us get some different items to make the breakfast more diverse and I'm going to see what things we can do to make the eggs more enjoyable. Once again Mark thank you so much and if you come back please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel to take care of your accommodations.

Cheers

Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

Terrific front desk staff! Coffee, hot chocolate, and cookies in lobby. Excellent variety for breakfasts! Rooms are fine. Good pillow selection.Pool is small, but great for our kids. No whirlpool. Pleasant fitness room! We had a great stay. Perfect location near restaurants and stores.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank fitnat
Daniel P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Mason, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Fitnat,

Greetings from the Holiday Inn Express - Mason. We were so happy to see you posted a review on TripAdvisor. The hotel staff and myself want to thank you for the wonderful review and we were pleased to hear you enjoyed the snacks we offer in the lobby for all our guests. Were also glad you enjoyed the new pillows we have really received a lot of great feedback about them. Once again thank you for the wonderful review and hope you come back and enjoy another stay with us.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Hotel was clean and front desk was friendly and helpful. Wifi wasn't particularly fast but was stable. Nothing particularly great or bad about the hotel. Better value than the Marriott down the street. Plenty of food options a short drive down the street.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Suites Mason, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear jochai,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience and concerns We are happy you like our clean hotel and staff service. Please accept my apologies for your less than satisfactory stay and apologize that some aspects of our hotel fell below your expectations. Rest assured that these concerns will be looked into. We do hope when business or pleasure brings you back to the area, you will allow us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

Well appointed, comfortable, clean rooms. Full refrigerator and microwave. Washer/dryer available on property. Decent breakfast and cookies every afternoon. Evening staff much more attentive than morning staff. $88 business rate.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank dsj5777
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here with three young children and had a very nice stay. The beds were comfortable and the room was very clean. (One of our towels did have a small stain, but that's okay.) We did not partake in swimming but the pool was small, clean, and looked very nice as did the exercise room. Our biggest complaint was breakfast. They had the usual items - biscuits and gravy, pancakes, bread and bagels, cereal, cinnamon rolls - which were all fine, but they were missing the most basic of breakfast items - milk! When we first arrived, they had about four 8oz skim milk cartons. After five minutes, there weren't any, so I asked the lady there of she had any more, and she said no. She wasn't all that nice about it. I know they had juice and coffee, but if you're serving cereal and if you cater to families, milk is a must, and not just skim! Also, there weren't that many healthy options. I've stayed at many Holiday Inn Expresses, and they always seem to have bananas and apples, if not other fruits. Other than breakfast, we were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I was traveling on business. I found this hotel on Hotels.com. My company booked it for me. I not only noticed other business travelers but also vacationers. The breakfast was good as all holiday inn express hotels are. The staff was friendly and accommodating. They all greeted you happily every time they were near you from the desk staff to housekeeping to breakfast staff. Nice place. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Check reviews. Seldom are they wrong