“Very nice”

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Mason
Circleville, Ohio
“Very nice”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed here after a day of sight seeing in the area. We stayed in a king suite room, which worked really well for us. Me and my youngest child just closed the door and my husband and our older child watched tv in peace. The hotel was very clean and staff very nice. My kids enjoyed swimming in the pool. Breakfast had a nice selection of hot food. My kids especially enjoyed the waffle maker. We will definately stay here again. When looking for a hotel close to Kings Island this one can't be beat in what it has to offer!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
BestWesternMasonInn, General Manager at Best Western Mason Inn, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Hillairy B,

We are very thankful of your kind words. Service level, is our number one goal here at Best Western. We strive to provide the perfect guest experience. I am so pleased to learn that you did indeed enjoy our Waffle Makers. We also just added to our menu of tasty delights, bear claws, cream cheese danishes, biscuits and gravy, fresh toppings for our infamous waffles, and this is just the beginning! On behalf of the entire staff, we would like to say a big "THANK YOU" for complimenting our services and our facility. We look forward to seeing you in a future reservation.

Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Arabic first
Saginaw
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The employees at this hotel would be the only reason I would go back. The staff was excellent and did what they could to accommodate those of us staying there. The breakfast was excellent if you could get any food. There were so many people at the hotel there was a long line for breakfast every morning and by the time you get up to the food half of it is gone. The staff continues to fill items but cannot keep up with demand....and there is not enough seating for everyone trying to eat. Go to Waffle House next door! The hotel is in a nice area for anyone going to Cincinnati or to Kings Island. We felt safe and there were many options to eat in the area. Our beds were comfy but that is where it stopped! Our room was dirty, the bathroom had mold in the corners of the wall/floor area by the tub and the grout in the bathroom tile was so dirty I had to put towels on the floor before I would let the kids go in there without shoes on. Overall, not impressed at all with the cleanliness....not sure where all the other positive reviews come from? We did check in early and the only thing I can think of is that they rushed through the cleaning of this room to get us into it??
Decent hotel for the price but we'll spend the extra few bucks to stay somewhere else for our next visit.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Ryan P.,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our staff. Here at Best Western, we take pride in the service level. I do apologize about the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Sometimes, we do drop the ball on our end and in this instance I am extremely sorry. I do hope that you will deem us worthy enough to have another chance. Please feel free to contact me personally to make any future reservations within the area.

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Overall, it's an OK place to stay, especially for the price. We had a king suite (with sofa pull-out) and those two rooms seemed like a decent amount of space (2 adults and 2 teens). But the shower/toilet room is pretty tiny and has a serious lack of hooks/bars to hang towels, wet swimsuits or even a robe. Also could use some tile/grout cleaning in the corners by the toilet. Bathroom counter space is a little too small also. But the A/C worked nicely in 95-degree heat and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was decent; variety of hot and cold items although I would've preferred some more fruit and/or yogurt. The service is really great, the staff is very friendly and extra towels were delivered quickly. Overall, a nice hotel for the price.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BestWesternMasonInn, General Manager at Best Western Mason Inn, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Greetings Sharon D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. My team and I take great pride in knowing that we provided exceptional service to you and your family during the duration of your stay.

We are in the middle of doing more renovations to our property very soon and I am so excited to reveal the final touches. I do apologize about the space in our bathrooms and the lack of hooks in the area given. I do think that you made a valid point and your suggestion are very much warranted. I will be conversing with ownership about this issue to aid in the overall guest experience.

Thank you again for your response, and I do hope that when you are in the mason area again, you choose to stay with us.

Boardman, Ohio, Usa
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I've stayed at the Mason Best Western on business several times over the last 5 months. It's a perfect place to stay, staff is very friendly and professional, rooms are clean, hotel is quiet and it's close to Cincinnati without being "in" Cincinnati. They genuinely care about the quality of your stay and are always so helpful. My only complaint is that the stay in July was $40/night more than my stays in April & May, but considering it's tourist season and very close to Kings Island, I understand why.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BestWesternMasonInn, General Manager at Best Western Mason Inn, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
KimB1317,

Thank you so much for your favorable review of our facility. We here at Best Western, pride ourselves and rendering exceptional customer service as well as displaying hospitality to the fullest.

As a staff, our passion for hospitality is more than just a spark, it is a full blaze of a giving nature that we feel justified to extended to our guests at all times. Its this blaze that ignites every single day that our guest feel more than just guests; they are like family. Thank you so much for responding about our hotel. We hope that when you are in the Mason area, again, that you choose to stay with us.

Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel was very nice for the price. Very clean and comfortable. The only thing I didnt like was the other guests at the hotel lol the staff were very friendly. They cleaned our room when we were out. Very relaxing;) I would recommend this hotel and I would like to go there again!

• Stayed July 2013
Greetings Tori S.,

When reading this review my team and I got extremely excited with your thoughtful views. On behalf of the Best Western Mason, we would like to say "Thank You!". Words are extremely powerful and yours have given us a reason to smile today.

We here at Best Western, know that our jobs are not just limited to pressing the check in/check out button, cleaning your rooms, or making breakfast. It is more than that it is in fact displaying the truest form of hospitality. The listening ear, the kind words on your way out the door, the extra help with luggage; these are just a few of the many gestures that are automatic to our staff.

Tori S., by reading your review it not only drives us, it solidifies that we are indeed in the perfect profession as it is warranted by great judges of character; you our guests! Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. If you are in the area again, we ask that you please give us another try so we can go above and beyond your last stay.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

I travel a lot for work and usually stay in 4 & 5 star hotels. I was very pleased with the location, price and service. The rooms were pleasant and safe. Upon check in the front desk employee was curious and efficient. When we come back to Kings Island we will stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Jenjer97,

Thank you so much for your recent review of our hotel. Being an avid hotel guest like yourself, whom is accustomed to staying at a 4-5star hotel is a very intense rank to compare to. However, after reading your review, It feels my team and i up with joy to know that we did indeed meet your exceptions. Being a Best Western, we feel that we should have an affordable pricing plan with an outstanding 4-5 star approach.

Service is something that our staff has personally instilled within themselves. Our mantra here at the Mason Best Western is simple; provide the ultimate guest experience. As a guest, your not just staying merely for the amenities given, it is the guest experience that keeps you here and we intend to exceed it every single time.

Again, thank you so much for taking the time to write a response and we look forward to your future stay.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We spent July 4th at this hotel. While it was crowded, the staff did their best to accommodate everyone's requests. We found the supervision in the pool area was less than adequate, but that was not the hotel's fault, simply lazy parents. I would recommend the hotel if you are looking for a clean, comfortable room that is affordable.

Greetings Tididion,

Thank you so much for your kind words and review of our hotel during your recent stay. Fourth of July is usually a busy time during the summer months here in Mason especially when Kings Island is open and in full effect. We do however, understand that those circumstances as well as any others,do not denote that we can compromise guest service and brand standards. As hotel staff, we enjoy the crowded and busy times because this is when our staff can really shine and display an immense amount of customer service under pressure.

We here Best Western, pride ourselves on being proactive toward our guests during our busy and peak seasons. We acknowledge that during those times specifically are when we should enforce the "wow" factor to our guests. I am pleased to know that we did not fail to provide you with a great guest experience. Thank you so much for your review and again, if you are every in the Mason area, we invite you to stay with us for repeat satisfactory experience.