“Comfortable and quiet”

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Scarborough, Maine
“Comfortable and quiet”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Immaculate suites with loads of amenities, including a full kitchen, 2 TVs, free wifi, lots of storage space, and a comfortable bed. Also free breakfast, a business center, large laundry room, and pool. I felt totally at home here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Ohio
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We were traveling, and so only stayed one night. Everything I encountered in this visit was top notch. I can't say anything about the breakfast, though, as the hotel was so quiet that we slept right through the breakfast hours. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jim1208
Toledo, United States
Reviewed 26 September 2013

The staff went over and beyond to make our stay pleasant! The room was very very nice! The jacuzzi was relaxing! It was a great experience! I will definitely stay here again! We had a small get together for my daughter's birthday and it was plenty of room for her sleep over with the 2 king size bed rooms, the full kitchen, and living room! There was even enough room at the kitchen table for the adults to play cards! This room was awesome!

Cleveland, United States
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I was bumped at another hotel at the last minute and put here. This hotel staff did not inform me that all they had left were smoking rooms. I did not have enough time to make other arrangements. I had to sleep with the windows open and still the sheets, pillows and room were all filled with smoke odor. Hotel seemed like it could be nice but in this day there should not be smoking rooms unless in a different building or they have a decent air fresh system.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Bruce F
TMIHospitality, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toledo-Maumee, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Dear Bruce F,
Thank you for your review of the Homewood Suites Toledo-Maumee. I'm so sorry to hear about your negative experience at my hotel. Please accept my apology if there was a misunderstanding about your room. The only rooms we had left were smoking and we thought we made that clear, but we do take complete responsibility if it wasn't. I hope that the next time you find yourself in the area you will remember us and we would be happy to get you into a non-smoking room.

Sandy F.
toledo, United States
Reviewed 17 September 2013

We had an early arrival which was great and our room was close by the parking area which was well lit. The hallways were very clean and had no odors of smokiness or mustiness. Our room was very clean also and the temp. was great too. Enjoyed the breakfast..could not here other people in their room...quiet

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We stayed one night at the Homewood Suites in September 2013 on our way back from a late football game in Ann Arbor. Although the hotel is designed for an extended stay, we found it to be excellent just for the night as well.

My experience with the hotel started when I called earlier in the day to see if I could arrange an early check-in since I knew we wouldn't be getting back until very late. The clerk at the desk quickly had my room looked up and informed me that my room was ready and I could check in anytime. The same clerk (I can't remember his name) handled my actual check-in a couple of hours later and was very friendly, helpful, and thorough in explaining everything the hotel had to offer.

We opted for a one-king bed suite, which was very nice-sized and would have made for a comfortable stay had we been at the hotel for any length of time. The suite is 2 actual, separate rooms with a closing door in between. The first room has a full-sized couch, easy chair, dining table with chairs, and kitchen including dishwasher, full-sized refrigerator, and stovetop. There's even a shopping list you can fill out and have the hotel stock your fridge for you. The bedroom is on the smaller end, but comfortably fits the bed, night tables, and TV. There's a large vanity area and separate bathroom, which is nice for two people getting ready for the day at the same time. Although the building is older, the room was bright, attractive, well-kept, and clean. The bed and pillows hit that zone of being just right in terms of firmness and made for a great night's sleep. My only complaint is that the air conditioning system was a little difficult to set and the room alternated between slightly too warm and slightly too cool for much of the night.

The property has a lot of other amenities, most of which are aimed at the extended traveler. There was an impressive-looking pool area and a tiny (3 treadmills) gym. Both looked well-kept, although we didn't use them. We did eat the included breakfast, which had a nice selection of both healthy and traditional breakfast items, and was well-prepared. The fresh muffins were particularly good. The property also offers dinner Monday-Thursday, with drinks, but since we were there on a weekend, we didn't have any experience with that.

A word of warning to those driving in -- the building is somewhat hidden from Dussel Dr. (the main road between the Ohio Turnpike and US 23, and we ended up driving by it the first time. Once you know where it is, however, it's no problem.

In all, we were very satisfied with our brief stay at the Homewood Suites. If I ever did need a room for an extended period of time, I'd most likely look up this brand.

Montrose, United States
Reviewed 11 September 2013

This was my first time at a Homewood Suite and was pleasantly suprised how well my experience went. This is a place where everyone would want to stay at. Most everything was welcoming and would recommend to my friends.