“Thanksgiving Holiday”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Toledo-Maumee
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Reviewed 7 December 2013

This is an excellent hotel with friendly staff and nicely appointed rooms. W especially enjoyed the breakfast, which was included with the room. The facility made us feel as if we were at home, with a beautiful lobby and a fireplace thrown in! There is a smaller but very nice exercise area. If we had more time I would like to have used the Pool / Hot Tub. I recommend this hotel if you are traveling along the Ohio turnpike.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here one night for business. I travel for work frequently and typically only stay in the Hilton family of hotels, of which this is one. I choose them because I rarely have any issues.

The suites are nice. The hotel promoted it's free full hot breakfast buffet and it's light dinner. I knew not to expect much for dinner, however the daily menu in my room (which was useless as it was the previous month) indicated decent light meals - usually a meat, veggie, potato or pasta and salad bar.

To my dissatisfaction the dinner offered was...no joking here... Salad and alphabet soup. After trying it, I went to the Wendy's across the street to grab something to eat.

The breakfast did have more options, however I would choose a Hampton inn breakfast any day over what was offered. Again, no joking, the breakfast potatoes were mushy and so shriveled up that anyone could see they had been reheated many, many times.

Overall, seemed like a good chain, but I will definitely avoid this specific property in the future. Please take a look at the photos that I'm posting as well, including the potatoes!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jpc2020
TMIHospitality, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toledo-Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Jpc2020,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, and for continuing to choose Hilton. Please accept my apologies that our breakfast and dinner offerings were not to your liking. I will share your comments with my staff to ensure the food is always kept fresh. If you would like to discuss your stay further, I would be more than happy to listen. I hope that you will allow the Homewood Suites Toledo another opportunity to earn your business the next time you are in the area.

Sandra F.
419-897-0980

Reviewed 5 December 2013

This is a very Clean and comfortable place to stay. It was quiet and I slept great. I love the free morning breakfast is the best breakfast I have ever had at a hotel. The check in was quick and the staff were very friendly. They were available for any questions I had and knew the answers which is rare at other hotels. I travel a great deal and I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed 2 December 2013

our family of 5 was extremely comfortable in the size of the room, and all the comforts we appreciate from Homewood Suites. We never heard a noise from the outside world while inside the room. Price was very reasonable, especially the day before Thanksgiving. A very good breakfast was hosted the next morning by super-friendly staff, who made my kids feel comfortable. The snack bar in the lobby was a welcome addition as well so we could grab a wine or beer, along with hot/cold foods as needed.

Room Tip: Room 212 was spacious, with fireplace in sitting area made room very cozy
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 November 2013

My siblings and I stayed here for an early Thanksgiving weekend. The one and two bedroom suites were perfect for us to spend time together and unwind after a day visiting at our parents' home and doing errands for them. The facilities were well suited to cook some meals to freeze for their use later. We cooked a turkey breast and all the side dishes in the suite kitchen and had a family Thanksgiving dinner in the dining room in the lobby! The staff was very nice and offered to provide any additional supplies or utensils needed. They even offered to help clean up. No one bothered us and it made for a lovely family memory. When my father wanted to pay down some of the hotel bill, the manager recalculated all of the room bills and split the discount among all my siblings' credit cards. He also took on the role of professional photographer. Very accommodating and welcoming.Thank you Homewood Suites!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Eileen B
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Stayed here for a night from NY for a friends birthday party. The rooms were really nice and spacious and the staff were extra friendly. The breakfast was also very nice. There was something for everyone, even my picky eaters. A very nice, family friendly hotel. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: No tips or tricks needed, both of our rooms were great.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Thank you all for the hospitality. The hotel is clean and cozy. Our room was big and we had a very comfortable mattress. The staff is friendly and very informative. I would definitely recommend it and stay there again.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family