“A Week Long Stay for a Family”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Toledo-Maumee
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

My family recently stayed for a week at Hilton's Homewood Suites in Maumee. I made reservations online and updated a few times because we had to rearrange the stay around a death in the family.

The night before our arrival, we received a courtesy call informing us that a non-smoking suite was not available for the complete duration of our stay even though the reservation indicated we requested it. I was less than pleased, and, regardless of my misdirected frustration, Rosalyn handled the situation professionally and gracefully. She calmly informed me that she would try to work something out.

As promised, she later called with a solution to put us in a non-smoking handicap accessible room with option to stay there whole trip or to move later. Not wanting to relocate a family with a baby, we opted to stay in room the whole visit.

The room was lovely and spacious, however felt cramped with the family because it was laid out a differently for accessibility. Once again, Rosalyn was more than willing and helpful in moving us across the hall.

Stacy from housekeeping went above and beyond by showing us the new room before moving into it - making sure it was clean and suitable for our needs.

The whole staff was friendly and courteous. Highlights include: Full kitchen in room where we dyed hard boiled eggs for Easter; Complimentary hot breakfast with incredible muffins; Complimentary full dinner on weeknights; and a just-right indoor pool that was converted to saline during our stay.

We've stayed at a various suites in the area. This is now our favorite and worth the little extra we paid. We'll be back.

Stayed: April 2014

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I have stayed at this property many times as it is located very close to my companies corp. offices. I find the Homewood Suites to be the same everywhere I go and like knowing what to expect before I show up. Being a Diamond Member does not provide you any additional up-grades at this location, as each room is the same regardless. The property is well maintained and features comfortable beds, a full kitchen and friendly staff. The managers reception is great as you can eat a light dinner + beer & wine on the house!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Great recreation area, clean comfortable suites. Nice and quiet. great deal when traveling with kids. Hot breakfast was great, nice choice of items. Staff was friendly and helpful. Check out time of noon...thats awesome with kids!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here valentines day weekend and it was very nice. The rooms are clean and spacious. We enjoyed the breakfast in the morning before check out. Did not get a chance to use the pool, maybe next time. Would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My job requires that I travel to Maumee, OH frequently. The Maumee, OH Homewood Suites is always my first choice in terms of hotels. The staff is wonderful, the rooms are always clean and breakfast is always yummyl!!! I would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed here for a UT campus visit. I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel and the spaciousness of the rooms. My family of 6 stayed in a two bedroom suite and weren't crowded at all. The hotel has a basic workout room with one elliptical and two treadmills with a weight rack. It was rather small, but did the job. The breakfast was a bit different than what I expected. We only stayed for one night and they served a bacon quiche, bacon, warm banana nut muffins and the traditional cereal/oatmeal/toast combo. It looked nice, but sucked for us who don't eat bacon. I saw that they serve light dinners on weekdays and the menu looked pretty good. We were there on the weekend and luckily there were plenty of nice restaurants nearby. The kids enjoyed the pool, and we enjoyed having 3 seperate tvs so that everyone could watch what they wanted with minimal bickering. I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 February 2014

The staff was great. The hotel does get a little noisy at times. Since I was working night shift I would hear kids running up the halls and screaming in their rooms. The breakfast and manager dinners were by far the best I have ever had at a Homewood. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business