“Convenient Location”

Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Mentor, OH
“Convenient Location”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed here after my first choice was unavailable, location is nice - plenty of restaurants to choose from, a few within walking distance. Check in and check out were easy, fast and seamless. Staff friendly. Snack bar available beside check in desk for snacks and beverages. Hotel had free dinner (which we didn't partake in) along with decent breakfast in the morning. We stayed in 2 room King suite which was very comfortable and clean. I'm out this way monthly on business and would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Coconut Creek, Florida
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The accommodations are adequate, the staff was very friendly, the breakfast was woefully deficient and was of no value at all. We chose this hotel because at previous Homewood Suites the breakfast selections were very good to excellent. There was nothing to recommend the breakfast at all, poor selection, no hot chocolate unless you could find someone to hunt down a packet or two for you. The milk was frequently out, attention to the needs of the guest was nonexistent. The room was ok but not what I normally expect and internet service was slow. I do not plan to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

TMIHospitality, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Toledo-Maumee, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear GoldenEagle56,
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Homewood Suites Toledo Maumee. I'm glad to hear that you found our staff to be friendly. Please accept my apologies that our breakfast did not meet your expectations. I have shared your review with my staff and will look into ways of improving our breakfast for future guests. We hope that you will offer us another opportunity to show you how your feedback has improved our services on your next trip to the area.

Sandra F.
Killeen, United States
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Was very happy with the quality and cleanliness of the room. I am a female who was traveling alone and felt safe during my stay. Staff was friendly-with the exception of one female desk attendant who seemed to have a chip on her shoulder who refused to greet me as I came and went. The rest of the staff were great and I didn't lower my rating based on the one bad apple.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Dayton, United States
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed at the Homewood Suites in Maumee Ohio and the Hotel was wonderful. I would love to stay at this hotel again and have recommended it to friends and acquaintances. My favorite thing was the King bed. It was so comfortable. I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud. It was located in a very nice suburb with nice restaurants and shopping, some within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

My family recently stayed for a week at Hilton's Homewood Suites in Maumee. I made reservations online and updated a few times because we had to rearrange the stay around a death in the family.

The night before our arrival, we received a courtesy call informing us that a non-smoking suite was not available for the complete duration of our stay even though the reservation indicated we requested it. I was less than pleased, and, regardless of my misdirected frustration, Rosalyn handled the situation professionally and gracefully. She calmly informed me that she would try to work something out.

As promised, she later called with a solution to put us in a non-smoking handicap accessible room with option to stay there whole trip or to move later. Not wanting to relocate a family with a baby, we opted to stay in room the whole visit.

The room was lovely and spacious, however felt cramped with the family because it was laid out a differently for accessibility. Once again, Rosalyn was more than willing and helpful in moving us across the hall.

Stacy from housekeeping went above and beyond by showing us the new room before moving into it - making sure it was clean and suitable for our needs.

The whole staff was friendly and courteous. Highlights include: Full kitchen in room where we dyed hard boiled eggs for Easter; Complimentary hot breakfast with incredible muffins; Complimentary full dinner on weeknights; and a just-right indoor pool that was converted to saline during our stay.

We've stayed at a various suites in the area. This is now our favorite and worth the little extra we paid. We'll be back.

Stayed April 2014
Lincoln, United States
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I have stayed at this property many times as it is located very close to my companies corp. offices. I find the Homewood Suites to be the same everywhere I go and like knowing what to expect before I show up. Being a Diamond Member does not provide you any additional up-grades at this location, as each room is the same regardless. The property is well maintained and features comfortable beds, a full kitchen and friendly staff. The managers reception is great as you can eat a light dinner + beer & wine on the house!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Defiance, United States
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Great recreation area, clean comfortable suites. Nice and quiet. great deal when traveling with kids. Hot breakfast was great, nice choice of items. Staff was friendly and helpful. Check out time of noon...thats awesome with kids!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family