“Great hotel!”

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Bloomington, Illinois
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed 7 August 2006

I stayed at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Toledo/Maumee for 4 nights last week and loved it! The breakfast was great and they had a make-your-own-waffle station that my kids loved! The room was clean and when we asked for 2 decaf replacements and told them we would be staying 3 more days they gave us 6! The person who cleaned the room was very good and when we said thank you, they left out Hershey's Kisses. We just had a couple of problems that were fixed such as we couldn't get the internet on our wireless laptop and they guided us through the steps to get it. I give this hotel 5 stars!

Stayed August 2006
1 Thank maniac87

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 17 July 2004

My family had a wonderful stay at this location for four nights in early July'04. We stayed in a two bedroom suite with an additional sofa bed, gas fireplace, mini kitchen, diswasher, microwave, and dishes.

The hot breakfast was wonderful. The staff was friendly and helpful.

My wife was very impressed with the location and looks foraward to returning when we visit the Toledo area in the future.

My biggest concern was the tiled deck area of the pool/jacuzzi room. The flooring was very slick, and I was dangerous for my children. I expect it would be dangerous for older folks as well. My daughter was walking slowly near the pool, when she slipped and fell. We had to find a store to buy her a pair of water shoes so she wouldn't fall again.

• Stayed July 2004
2 Thank MAK813
Northeast
Reviewed 13 July 2004

This is a very nice hotel. The rooms are pleasant with their tiny kitchens. We had a king with pull-out sofa for AAA rate of $107 in July, '04. You have to make the bed of the pullout yourself these days, it seems. I guess that keeps the sheets cleaner. The room was nice, but the upholstry on the kitchen chairs needed cleaning. Our remote control was broken, too (and only 1 of them for 2 televisions). These little problems were a function of a maid who wasn't very detail-oriented. Overall, it was a great stay and we would return. The breakfast was wonderful and the hostess was very kind and didn't rush us away even when we came just five minutes before it was supposed to be over. Scrambled eggs, corned beef hash, Belgian waffles, fruit, yogurt, cereal, etc. Very complete. Make sure you give them your Hilton Honors number. Gold level HH members get freebies like bottled water and cookies. This is a good exit for local restaurants. A Meijer Thritfy Acres (like Target, but cheaper) nearby. It is easier to access the hotel from I-475 than I-80. But even from I-80 it's not far. (There is no junction between I-80 and I-475.) Pay attention to your route from I-80 to the hotel so you can retrace your steps when you want to get back to I-80. If you're going to I-475, it's clearly marked.

3 Thank DisneyWorlders
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 4 March 2004

This hotel is awesome. I stayed in November 2003 and plan to be back in April 2004. The people are friendly, the place is very clean and comfortable, and the rooms are amazing. The location and food are both great too. As soon as you walk in and face the fireplace you feel right at home.

2 Thank MarilynJ6354
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 July 2003

We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Maumee, OH for four nights. It's a beautiful place! All the staff is very friendly and helpful. The room was VERY nice. The breakfast was good......helped save some money. We took advantage of the tennis court......had a good time. The pool and jacuzzi were very nice. The jacuzzi was a little hotter than I like it, but the pool was perfect! We liked it, the kids liked it........everyone was happy. There are several restuarants within walking distance.

I would definately stay here again.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member