“Best hotel in the northwest Ohio area”

Residence Inn Toledo Maumee
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I lived in Toledo for 25 plus years and when I return to see family, the Residence Inn in Maumee is the only place I will stay. This is a superior Marriott property for the area and is the best " place in town" in my opinion.
If you are returning to town as I do or just traveling through, you will enjoy the cleanliness friendliness and quiet environment surrounding the Residence Inn of Maumee!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
AllysonRife, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Toledo Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Trish V,

Thank you so much for your kind words and rave review of our hotel! We appreciate you choosing us when you're in town and we hope we continue to see you often in the future. We have shared your kindness with the staff as they are always happy to hear of their great work! See you next time you are in town!

Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

We spent Friday and Saturday nights at this Residence Inn and were very pleased with our choice. It is close to the Ohio Turnpike, but far enough from busy streets so the rooms are very quiet.
We didn't use the pool or business center, but both appeared to be nice. The free breakfast was adequate. Parking is free, wifi is free. For those that prefer soft beds, this place is ideal.
We had a studio and were surprised at how spacious it was.
Everyone was friendly and helpful. Check in was fast and easy.
If we ever return to the Toledo area, we will stay here.

Stayed: October 2013
AllysonRife, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Toledo Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

Dear Shelley M,

We are very happy you enjoyed your experience at our hotel during your recent trip, thank you for sharing the feedback! We have shared all the positive feedback with our staff to let them know of their job well done and they are delighted. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your accomodations in our spacious studio suites. We hope to see you back soon next time you are in town!

Reviewed 4 October 2013

I routinely stay at Residence Inn Marriotts, and this was clean and updated. There was no oven in the kitchenette, however. The service was not as nice as I have come to expect.

I was disappointed by the service. Check in took a looong time. There were multiple employees around, but only one attending check in. She was taking her time. When I finally got checked in and all my luggage up to the fourth floor, I came to realize that my keys didn't work. So I had to go back down while my bags were left unattended, and wait in line AGAIN to get it sorted out. By the time I finally made it upstairs, I tried to order dinner to the room, and room service was an automated 1-800 number. I called before nine (the service closed at nine), but after 15 minutes no one ever picked up and I ended up having to leave the hotel again to get food.

Breakfast in the hotel is supposed to run until 9:30, but when I showed up around 9 AM two days in a row a lot of the options were gone.. both hot dishes and staples, like milk and bread.

Room Tip: There is no parking convenient to the elevator, except for a row along the back of the hotel. But th...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Meg M,

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your recent stay with us, it helps us to grow and fix any areas of improvement. I am very sorry to hear you were not pleased with your recent stay. We have shared your experience with the staff to help improve the service we offer to ensure no other guests have the same experience. We hope you will give us a chance to make it up to you next time you are in the Maumee area!

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Excellent hotel with very large rooms. Very comfortable. Will definitely stay there again. Loved the set up of the two bedroom suite. Nice attempt at a light dinner. Ice maker in the frig was appreciated. Three tv s in the suite. Free wifi throughout. Very good location right near the highway and restaurants.
Amanda at the front desk was wonderful.

Stayed: September 2013
AllysonRife, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Toledo Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear shopperwhite,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel and visiting our hotel in Maumee! Amanda was so happy to hear of your kind words also. We are all so glad to hear you loved our hotel and we hope that means we will see you back soon!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We were looking for a quick get-away, close to Detroit and new we wanted to spend time at the AMAZING SMOKE FREE Hollywood Casino. We were traveling with another couple and were quite pleased to find a 2-bedroom suite at a reasonable rate. This is NOT next to the casino - but a 15 minute drive... but worth it. The staff at this hotel were wonderfully friendly and the entire hotel... lobby, to suite to bathrooms was remarkably clean.

Room Tip: If you're someone who likes to be CLOSE to the ice machine.. ask! There was no ice machine on...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Terese B,

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at our Residence Inn! We are glad you enjoyed your two bedroom suite accommodations and that they worked well for your group. If you ever find yourself coming into town to visit the casino again, we hope you choose to come back. Thank you for the excellent review and hopefully see you again soon!

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Lovely. Updated and comfortable. Friendly desk staff. Clean fitness room with 2 treadmills, an elliptical, and recumbent bike, each with its own TV.

We had a two room suite that was well lit and had three flat screen TVs. The room was clean and well maintained.

Breakfast buffet came with the room price. The buffet area is built into a corner of the lobby, so it's crowded. FYI pets are allowed for a fee.

• Stayed: August 2013
arife7687, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Toledo Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear LJBCOOL,

Your kind review of our hotel is much appreciated and we are happy you enjoyed your stay with us! Our staff always loves to get compliments from guests, so thank you for the compliments. We hope your travels bring you back to the Maumee area soon, so we get to see you again.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

This hotel has a knack for hiring friendly, competent staff. Our favorite, Stephanie, no longer works there, but Freddy is just as friendly and helpful. Hope this hotel replaces its mattresses soon as the one I had sagged terribly and I slept in a hole the entire time. When I complained, maintenance's solution was to put a board between the springs and mattress. This did not help at all as it was a problem with the mattress, not the springs and I am still experiencing back discomfort. They did offer to relocate me and my family to a one bedroom (we had a two bedroom and there were none others available). I had reservations for a third trip this year, but cancelled them because of this problem. Will definitely check to see if they have replaced their mattresses before I reserve my rooms for next year's trips.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Dear Tarheel02,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and being a loyal guest to our property! I am very sorry to hear of your most recent visit and the poor night's rest you received, thank you for bringing it to our attention. After discovering the issue with the mattress we have worked to resolve the issue, so other guests do not have the same experience. We do hope you will give us the opportunity to make up for your last trip next time you are in town!