“Great Thanksgiving meal”

Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Great Thanksgiving meal”
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I was able to prepare my dinner for Thanksgiving, while on the road. This was great. I was driving from Maryland to Chicago and I stopped in Toledo to rest and to prepare the meal. Excellent facility. I will make this hotel part of my routine stop on this trip.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo

1 Thank Carol W
AllysonRife, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Toledo Maumee, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Dear Carol W,

We are very delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, thank you for making Residence Inn part of your Thanksgiving trip! We love being able to offer our guests the comforts of home while on the road. We hope the rest of your holiday went as wonderful and hope to see you again on your next trip through the area!

Allyson Rife

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I have stayed at this particular hotel 4 times. This was NOT a good stay! Room was right next to elevator, with two barking dogs in room next door & right outside our window was the smokers/drinkers picnic table with unleashed dogs! I have a service dog, we did not get any sleep as he kept alerting me to the dogs & people outside. Dogs on leash not being enforced. Doggie potty area not clean at all!

Biggest complaint is a SAFETY issue!!! My husband drove down to join us after work, not arriving until 1am he had to buzz the main door for entrance into the hotel. Receptionist on duty just gave him a keycard to my room without checking his ID or calling my room & getting an okay!!! He could very well have been the delivery guy that brought me dinner earlier in the evening!!!! UNBELIEVABLE AND TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!!

2nd night we got a room change better as far as noise but a much 'older' room!

Elevators repeatedly had trash on the floors.

Very disappointed stay!

Room Tip: Third or fourth floor…facing front of hotel! 316 thru 324
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

1 Thank Crickettsmom
Dear Crickettsmom,

I would like to thank you for choosing Residence Inn for your trips to the Toledo area! I am very saddened to hear about the disappointment of your previous stay with us. I assure you this is definately not up to the standards we aim to obtain at this hotel! I have addressed all of the issues you had with our staff to ensure no one has an experience like that ever again. That being said I would like the opportunity to discuss the issues you experienced with you in better detail. If this is something you would be interested in please contact me either directly at the hotel or by e-mail at arife@fhginc.com, we hope to get the opportunity to make it up to you. Thank you again and I hope to hear from you soon!

Geneva, Illinois
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Nice hotel. We have stayed here twice a year for the past few years when we meet my parents for a weekend. We also use it as a stopping point on our drives home to PA. Our daughter enjoys the pool and hot tub.

The key for us is that it is pet friendly. Plus, there are ample fields and sidewalks nearby to walk your Fido.

Dussel Drive, nearby, has a good selection of the chain restaurants, pizza joints and a Starbucks. Since it's a suite hotel, all of the rooms have a kitchens and some of the larger, end rooms have a full stove. For cooking and dining in, there is a nearby Meijer and a brand new Kroger, both less than five mins away.

Breakfast is included and the requisite fare is available. For the kids (again), the Golden Griddle waffle iron is a hit.

Room Tip: Get something on a high floor. The hotel has a lot of traveling kids sports teams that stay there...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

AllysonRife, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Toledo Maumee, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Lou P,

Thank you for choosing Residence Inn Maumee as your home away from home during your trips to the Maumee area! We love to hear that you are a loyal Residence Inn guest, especially to our hotel. If there is anything we could do to make your trips even better please let us know next time you are in town! We are excited to see your family and you next time you are in town!

Grand Rapids, Ohio
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Rooms are great, with everything you need for an extended stay, very comfortable to work and sleep in.

Breakfast changes every morning, with basic staples, and something special which will catch your eye.

Hotel was mostly quiet, but hallways could be loud, and there was a neighbor that left an unattended dog for three days which barked incessantly for hours. Can't blame the hotel, but be aware hey allow pets, might ask for a higher floor where the pets usually aren't.

Room Tip: Higher floors will have quieter hallways and less people, also less pet noise. If on ground floor st...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

AllysonRife, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Toledo Maumee, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Mike F,

Thank you for choosing Residence Inn Maumee for your recent trip and for taking the time out to review our hotel! We have shared your nice comments with the staff and they are all so delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. We apologize for the issue you had with the noise in the hallways and have discussed how we can keep that issue from happening in the future. We do hope we get to see you again during your next trip to the area!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I had a reservation elsewhere in the area due to a group I was with and checked to see if there was a nearby Marriott property. I actually paid for two rooms that night bnecause I did not like the original hotel and knew I could count on a Residence Inn to be a comfortable, clean, friendly place to stay and it was. I reserved on line from the parking lot of the other hotel and my reser\vation was all set as soon as I walked in. The front desk was incredibly friendly and helpful and my room was clean and everything in working order. THANKS for a great stay - I appreciate that I can count on Marriott properties wherever I am.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

AllysonRife, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Toledo Maumee, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Denise Q,

Thank you for choosing Residence Inn as your hotel to switch to that evening, we are very delighted we were able to turn your Maumee trip around into a much better one! Thank you for all the kind words about the hotel and we hope that next time you are in town the Residence Inn is your first and only room you pay for. We hope to see you again soon!

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Thanks to Amanda and Katie for helping us with a tricky (for us) check in, which benefited our daughter, who arrived ahead of us.
They are the bomb. The whole staff is friendly and seem to enjoy their jobs. A pleasant experience again. This is our pic when visiting in Maumee/Toledo.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear TravelTeam614,

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay once again at our hotel; thank you for submitting such a wonderful review! Katie and Amanda were very happy to hear of your praises as well as the rest of the staff. We hope you come back to the area soon and that you continue to stay with us when you are in town!

Reviewed 17 November 2013

The staff made arrangements for my daughter to practice her violin in a meeting room! LOVE and would go back in a heart beat! Not many hotels have suites at a good price to hold my family of 6 so I was impressed that with the price it was clean,had a great house keeping staff and a great breakfast!

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Jodi B
Dear Bland6,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to review our hotel! We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff went above and beyond. We hope your travels bring you back to the Toledo area sometime soon, so we can see your family and you again!