My adult son and I stopped overnight while driving east. The hotel is geared towards kids and families, not that it's a bad thing, just not so good for adults traveling without children who simply want to grab dinner and get some sleep. Upon arrival, we had to wait for a few families to unload what appeared to be half of their belongings from mini-vans. Once checked in, the room was spacious and clean, very comfortable environment. The bed itself was very uncomfortable, the middle buckled and very mushy. I woke up with back soreness, and didn't sleep well. Pillows were small and thin, hard to get comfortable. We were by an exit door, and outside of a few hours, people were coming and going most the night. Walls are thin, we could hear people walking around on the floor above us. There was a basketball hoop just outside our window. Some inconsiderate adult decided to get his Lebron James going at 6:45 AM, making it impossible to enjoy the morning with any kind of quiet. The hotel should have a policy restricting early morning/late night noise.
The breakfast buffet was average, but was like a feeding frenzy with all the kids. Seating is inadequate, we had to bring food back to our room. Another room feature is the thermostat is in the main area near the entry door, making it a pain to adjust temperature if you're in the bedroom. Another thermostat in the bedroom is in order.
If you're traveling and simply want a quiet night's sleep or two, go elsewhere. However, for a family that wants to keep children entertained with a pool, free food, outdoor activities and space to run around, this may be a good option. But I can honestly say we were happy to check out and move on.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our contemporary boutique hotel is an all suite property designed to help you work, relax, stay connected, and unwind. Guests will feel at home in one of our 108 spacious suites that provide separate dining, living, sleeping, and working areas. Enjoy a complimentary hot breakfast buffet, indoor pool and whirlpool, outdoor BBQ area with fire pit, onsite fitness center, wired and wireless internet access, USA Today and local newspapers, and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Residence Inn Toledo Maumee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott Hotel Maumee
- Residence Inn Maumee
- Maumee Residence Inn
- Maumee Marriott
- Residence Inn Toledo Maumee Ohio