Residence Inn Toledo Maumee
US$79
US$106
US$157
US$132
Red Roof Inn Toledo - Maumee(Maumee)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$169
US$134
US$129
Priceline
All reviewsfire pitfull kitchentwo bedroom suiteliving areabeautiful roomnewer propertylaundry facilitiesupdated roomsa pet friendly hotelexcellent hotelextended staywater pressurefree breakfastwould highly recommend this hotelwould definitely stay here againindoor poolstaff was friendly
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I initially stayed there on a business trip a year ago because the Fairfield Inn across the street was full, and I was impressed - I actually liked the Residence Inn better. When I had to return again a year later, I made it my first choice. My only complaints had to do with the billing process. My company does all of its travel bookings through Expedia, which means I didn't get Marriott Rewards points or credit for the nights that I stayed. Some other hotel chains still offer rewards when the room is booked through Expedia, but apparently not Marriott. To make it worse, I had to provide a personal card at check-in to cover incidentals (who charges long distance calls to rooms any more, anyway?). Somehow, both the company and my personal cards were charged for the room, and it took me a few weeks and a call escalated to the General Manager to get the issue resolved and the double-charge corrected. The "apology" was along the lines of "well, that sometimes happens". An offer of compensation for my inconvenience would have been nice, but none was made. In fact, I don't think the word "inconvenience" came up during my conversations with them.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking over back of the hotel as opposed to the parking lot. Also, there's a basketball net at one end of the hotel. Get a room at the other end if you can.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank I_Wrote_This_Review
AllysonRife, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Toledo Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear I_Wrote_This_Review,

Thank you for choosing Residence Inn by Marriott Maumee for your recent stay and for sharing your experience. We do apologize for the inconvenience of the billing issues you had during your stay and it is something we have discussed in detail with our staff to make sure it does not happen again. Our incidentals deposit is to cover a wide range of amenities at the hotel such as market items and our TV order services as well as if any damage was to occur in the room. This is something required by all Marriott hotels as well as many other hotel chains. We are glad to hear the hotel's services and amenities served you well and we hope we get the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed in Maumee just for the night on our way to Pennsylvania. We had a quick check-in and went to our rooms. The rooms were very nice. Updated and spacious. We asked the front desk for more towels and more toiletry items and they happily gave us every thing we asked for. The pool was nice and the hot tub was fantastic. There is a nice seating area out front with comfortable furniture and a nice gas fire-pit. The only complaint that I would have would be the breakfast food. The hash was not my favorite and the sausage was a little rubbery. But over all it was a nice relaxing stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Erin W,

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Maumee! Our staff were glad to know they provided you with great service and that you enjoyed most of our amenities as well. I do apologize the breakfast hash and sausage were not to your liking and that is something we will definitely look into. We do provide a full line of breakfast items that is chosen by Marriott to serve, which does include other varied hot items throughout the week. We hope we are able to get the opportunity to give you a spectacular experience in the future!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My friend made the reservation for us and we had the suite for two nights. It sleeps 6 people comfortably. The beds in the bedroom were comfortable, the pillows were a little soft but that's just my taste. Otherwise, a great night's sleep. The room was clean, well-prepared and provided everything that you would expect.
The pool, fitness room were good, clean. Nothing outstanding, but enough to enjoy.
Like others have said, it is very family-oriented. Which is great if you are traveling with children or traveling for your child's sport events. If you are not, then you may want to look elsewhere.
The staff were always friendly. They were helpful and resourceful. They knew the area and gave good recommendations for how to get around.
The breakfast is free, so you can't complain too much. It has a waffle maker, if you have kiddies (or adults who act like kids) then that is the highlight. The rest is standard but nothing special.
Overall, for a family friendly environment, it's a great choice. A bit pricy but worth it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
AllysonRife, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Toledo Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Matthew T,

Thank you for choosing Residence Inn by Marriott Maumee for your most recent stay in the Toledo area! We are happy you enjoyed our amenities and service during your stay. We hope you choose Residence Inn in the future during your travels. Thank you again for staying with us and sharing your experience, we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

Our 1st stay was in 2008 and it was great. All Staff wonderful and friendly. Focuses on longer stays which we were there for 6 weeks. Very family orientated, fantastic breakfasts 7 days a week plus a get together evening light meal Mon-Thur. Had a great time.
2nd stay was in 2013-14 staying for 12 weeks and it was just as great. Warm welcome back made us feel at home. 5 years after the first trip and some of the staff were still there. It was so good we plan to go again in 2014-2015. Hopefully another white Christmas for us Australian visitors. Highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Top floors in the middle are quieter and close to elevators and give a wonder view. Lower middle floors closer to pool, laundry and gym.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Suzie,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience during your stay at Residence Inn by Marriott Maumee! It was an absolute joy to have your family here for the 12 weeks this winter and we are very much looking forward to the possibility of you coming back this winter. We are glad you enjoyed our amenities and services and we hope to provide you the same great experience when you come back. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 24 July 2014

I recently traveled with my daughter for her dance competion. The hotel was a pleasent suprise over some of the other hotels we had stayed at recently. The staff we encountered were all super friendly and helpful. They gave us great suggestgions on what to do and where to eat in the area that were kid friendly. We ended up at the Imagination Station. The hotel itself was very clean and had a nice decor. I think it must be pretty new. Traveling for these competitions can be very hectic so getting a good hotel can make things a lot easier. I would recommend this hotel and will be staying here again when we come back next year.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Kristi S,

Thank you for choosing Residence Inn by Marriott Maumee for your recent visit to the area! We are so happy you enjoyed our amenities and services and hope we will see you back again for next year's competition! Thank you again for staying and sharing your experience with other travelers. See you next time!