“In a Word.... Excellent!”

Residence Inn Toledo Maumee
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Fort Collins, Colorado
“In a Word.... Excellent!”
Reviewed 20 April 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Residence Inn Maumee in April 2009 for a wedding that was in town, and we had an absolutely FABULOUS time here. If you are anywhere in the area, just book the room here. Even if you have to drive a little further, it is so worth it. Let me hit the highlights, and check out the pics too:

- Location - The location is great, right off the highway, but far enough from the busy roads to be nice and quiet. Within a mile of nicer and fast-food restaurants, a grocery store, and many other essentials.

- Hotel in General - Looks and even smells brand new. Just excellent.

- Rooms - We had a studio room which had a fully stocked kitchen with stainless-steel appliances and granite countertops. The feel of the room was modern, but comfortable. Soft lighting added to the comfort. A relative used the pull-out couch in the room, and said it was very comfortable. The main bed in the room was very comfortable, with quality linens, a down comforter and a variety of pillows. A large (maybe 32") flatscreen TV sits on a spindle right in the middle of the room, so you can watch the TV from the living room or the bedroom. And did I mention that the TV had HD??? Very nice. The bathroom and vanity were also a very nice size, the same high quality materials and the continued modern architecture.

- The staff - Everyone I had contact with was super-friendly, very helpful and respectful but yet casual.

- The FREE breakfast - This is a quality continental breakfast. The usual features, including cereal, breads, milk, yogurt and pastries. In addition, they featured juice, coffee, a waffle bar, eggs, sausage, and crossiants. One free meal here a day lets you spend money on something else!

- The pool & gym - The indoor pool was great, but a touch cold. I know real swimmers like that, but it was a touch cool for me. The hot tub was also great, but not quite warm enough to my liking (but I like it HOT). The pool/hot tub area was very clean, offered towels and plenty of chairs and tables to hang out. The gym, which I used, is simple but has what you need to get the core workout done. They have two new treadmills, one elyptical (sp?) and a recumbant bike. A set of free weights, a fitness ball and a couple other items gets you by when you are in the hotel. The gym is clean, has water, several TVs and towels for your convenience.

- Business Center - No nickel and diming here.... everything is free. Check your email, print out your boarding passes, update your Facebook status to let everyone know you are in Maumee, OH... all on the house.

- Outdoor Features - They offer a courtyard with a built-in BBQ for the use of guests, and a fire pit. This is a very comfortable area to hang out with a beer in the cool evening.

- Misc. - They are dog-friendly, and several people had their pups with them.... I liked this very much :)

Overall, I have a very hard time to find much of anything wrong with this hotel. They do a great job, have a beautiful property and all the other pieces have fallen into place too. This one is a no brainer, so if you are in the area, stay here and you won' be disappointed!!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Muncie, Indiana
Reviewed 20 March 2009

Our first stay at a Residence Inn in many years and wow was this a nice surprise!
Absolutely perfect . the room was immaculant ..great decor and super clean.
Fairly new property and it shows. Excellent location, just west of Toledo...plenty of shopping and restaurants in the vicinity. Nice large LCD television...nice touch putting it on a swivel.. and great breakfast in morning were my favorites. We also took advantage of nice kitchen arrangement and had a meal in the room Staff was very friendly.
Cant wait for the opportunity to return.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 November 2008

Stayed two nights at this hotel while in town for my cousin's wedding. When I stay at a hotel, I want my room to be nice, clean, and have a little bit of style. This hotel far exceeded my expectations. Had a one bedroom suite that was amazing--separate bedroom, full kitchen with brand new stainless steel appliances and granite countertops, and a fireplace. My brother slept on the sofa bed and said it was relatively comfortable. My parents and sister and brother-in-law had a two bedroom suite that was great as well. Both rooms were bigger than several apartments I lived in during college!

The pool area was adequate; the hot tub and pool were average. The workout room was fabulous. The new equipment definitely helped. I loved that the elliptical and treadmill both had a built-in TV. There was a firepit outside, which was lovely in the evenings--at least in September. There are two basketball courts, too, which would have been great for my brother, had we known to bring a basketball along.

Breakfast was good and included waffles, eggs, and oatmeal. The buffet was set up rather strangely, though, with the plates smack in the middle of the buffet line.

The lobby was fairly typical for a Residence Inn, although the modern decor was an interesting touch. The use of all sorts of strange and different colors actually wasn't that bad and I liked that the place didn't have the regular cookie cutter feel.

We have stayed in several Marriott's since September, and every time we do, my husband and I state to each other that they're not as nice as the Residence Inn in Maumee. We would go back in a flash if we're ever in Toledo again!

• Liked — The size of the rooms
  • Disliked — The breakfast buffet set up
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
HOT_MUMOF3
Reviewed 23 August 2008

We stayed here last night. Read that this was a new hotel with all these great things about the hotel. The hotel was beautiful and very clean.

The website states an oversized pool - no bigger than other hotels pools. The water - they say was 82 degrees - not 82 degrees when your kids get out of the pool and their bodies are COLD. My husband and I was in the water and got out. Kids didnt want to leave, so left them in for a little while longer. Normally in a pool its cool at first and then feels warmer once your in longer....not this pool.

We stayed in room 218 - please dont let them put you in a room that is close to the roof top air conditioning units. That is all we heard ALL night long. No peaceful sleeping and at 5:45 in the morning, the bed starts shaking, windows start to rattle and this lasted for a good 2 minutes. Dont know what room is underneath us or what this would of been, but not a way I like to be woke up on a morning that we can sleep in! So not a very peaceful sleep!!!

The Hot breakfast in the morning was great! The sitting area outside by the fire pit was great as well!

• Liked — Very Clean
  • Disliked — The sleepless night......cold pool
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank HOT_MUMOF3
Delaware
Reviewed 25 July 2008

I made my reservations for 3 rooms online many weeks prior to my stay. I called the hotel 3 times that day. The first and second time were to let the hotel staff know I would be arriving very late that day for check-in since I was driving from Minneapolis, MN. The third time was for directions to the hotel as I was only minutes away. I was never told prior to my arriving that two of my rooms were given to someone else. I arrived at 1:30am, and was told there was only 1 room left. Then, I was told they do have a second room but definately do not have a third room. I was also told that one of the televisions in the 2 bedroom suite was not working. I advised the desk clerk that was not important since it was a one night stay and there was two other televisions in the same room that could be watched. On the morning of departure I asked to speak to the General Manager. She was pleasant and apologetic over the mistake. She made an adjustment on my stay for the least expensive room. I was especially upset beacuse I notified the hotel out of common courtesy that I would be arriving late. I was told by the General Manager that after 12:00am the hotel has the right to sell my rooms to someone else and make twice the profit, since I am not able to cancel after 4:00pm according to the cancellation policy. I find that absurd. I usually go a little out of my way to stay at a Residence Inn. I know I will definately not be returning to the Maumee, Ohio Residence Inn.

Stayed July 2008
massachusetts
Reviewed 25 June 2008

We have just spent a night at the newly opened Marriott in Maumee, Ohio on a car trip from Massachusetts to Chicago. We had a 2 bedroom suite so the kids were in one bedroom with their own bathroom. The attention to detail was unusually good and the colors and furniture and layout of the room, everything was perfect.! We travel a lot, stay in $500 a night hotels almost always, but a road trip is different! And yet I was so pleased with everything from the front desk guy to the free dinner and breakfast during the week to the great fittness room with 2 treadmills with TV's and the beds, bathrooms (great shower) etc- it is a total bonus that everything is just 2 weeks old, but I see this place aging well- someone had some forethought in that department. It is quiet as well- has windows that open, and was 5 minutes drive from the thruway- I can't imagine we will come to the Toledo area much, but if and when we do I will stay there again without a doubt!

• Liked — Beautiful room, new, clean and attention to details
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)