“Residence Inn Toledo-Maumee”

Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Residence Inn Toledo-Maumee”
Reviewed 11 August 2010

We stayed here on the way to Illinois from Virginia at the end of July. It is a new Residence Inn located just off I-80 near many restaurants and stores.

Cleanliness - 5 - I saw nothing wrong with cleanliness anywhere in the hotel.
Location - 4.5 - A little bit off 80, but still very close.
Rooms - 5 - Very nice and modern. Large bedrooms and bathrooms, very nice kitchen, and small living area.
Service - 5 - Wish I could rate it more! When we checked-in the person there was very, nice. Being Marriott silver we didn't expect an upgrade, but got a Two-Bedroom suite vs. our booked Studio :) The man at breakfast was very nice and talked to all of us.
Value - 4.5 - A little bit more than the other hotels in the area, but worth it.
Sleep Quality - 5 - Very comfortable Marriott bed, and the A/C was very good, cold.

This is my favorite Residence Inn I have stayed at.
P.S. The candies on the table in the room are really good, take a few :) I wish the Wi-Fi was faster.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank tommynine9
valweb, General Manager at Residence Inn Toledo Maumee, responded to this review, 25 August 2010
We truly appreciate that you have taken the time to document such a detailed review of your recent stay with us! I am thrilled that you enjoyed the hotel, we love to see those 5's! I am very proud of the staff here and the service that they provide. I am lucky to work with such an excellent team of people! I should let you know that we are planning an upgrade to our wi-fi system that will increase our speed over 200%. I hope that you will be back soon to take advantage of this upgrade.

Hope to see you again!

P.S. I'm glad you enjoy the candies....the lemon ones are my favorite!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Virginia
Reviewed 5 August 2010

We stayed here for one night while traveling cross country. Beautiful room had a king size bed and pull out sofa sleeper. Great Breakfast as well.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Traveler12Virginia
valweb, General Manager at Residence Inn Toledo Maumee, responded to this review, 9 August 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We appreciate the feedback and are thrilled you enjoyed the hotel. We hope to have you stay with us again, should your travels bring you back to the Toledo area!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 July 2010

This Marriott property is conveniently located within 1 mile of the interstate with nearby restaurants. Our King room was spacious and semi-partitioned from the living/kitchen area. The hotel is set back from the main road in a quiet location and backs up within 500 feet to a small mall. As with other RI, snacks are served near dinner time mid-week. and b reakfeast, which was generous, is included Maumee has several nice parks along the riverfront, including one with a historic property, and a central area with several blocks of early Victorian to turn of the 20th c. homes. All in all a pleasant and hotel for an overnight stay.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bruce B
Battle Creek, Michigan
Reviewed 27 July 2010

We love this hotel, stayed with our kids and another family with kids. We had the one bedroom suite, perfect for families! We requested a crib and they even left a little welcome package with a spray toy for the bath and bath wash. We were right across the hall from friends, so very convenient! Lots of restaurants near by, easy to do take out. The breakfast has a great selection!

Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank shellkerry
valweb, General Manager at Residence Inn Toledo Maumee, responded to this review, 29 July 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell others about your stay with us! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our new "Tots Travel Too" program. We've tried to find ways to enhance the stay of all of our guests, including the littlest ones. I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast. You'll have to return and stay with us again in a few months after we roll out our enhanced breakfast program which will include even more breakfast selections and more gourmet items.
Thanks again for your great comments and we hope to see you again soon!
Warm wishes from the Residence Inn Team
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 July 2010

This was the first hotel stay with our 8-month old daughter and she approves. This was her parents’ first stay in a Residence Inn brand of Marriott hotels and we could not have been more pleased. The entire staff was quite friendly especially when I seemed to knock everything down that I came near while I pushed the luggage cart. I am shocked by the amount of stuff a baby needs while traveling.

The room was beautifully appointed and spotless. One thing I liked that is a huge advantage over SpringHill Suites is the shelves and compartments in the bathroom. The breakfast was delicious and offered a variety of hot and cold offerings. The breakfast attendant was extremely friendly and even helped us to get ice for our morning departure. This hotel does not provide public ice machines since the refrigerators all produce ice, but we were not there long enough for it to make enough. This was perhaps one of our best hotel experiences. Too bad that it was only for one short night. While we did not use the pool and fitness area, it all looked very nice and was being well used by other guests.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank whpiman
valweb, General Manager at Residence Inn Toledo Maumee, responded to this review, 22 July 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your great stay with us. We are thrilled to be a part of your daughter's first travel experience! We know it is not easy to travel with kids and try to make things as simple as possible for Mom and Dad while providing options to make the little ones happy. Hopefully next time you can take advantage of our "Tots Travel Too" program where we provide extra amenities for the bigger "little" travelers.........
Thank you again for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your experience. I know that with an 8 month old your time is very precious. We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to the Toledo area.
Warm wishes,
Valerie Weber
Maumee, Ohio
Reviewed 10 July 2010

Spacious, clean, fully functional kitchen, great breakfast, cool evening snack, to say a few ..

But what my wife and I like are the employees ..they are soo cool and friendly ..if i need to mention few names, Stephine/Viv/April/Marshall .. they are very energitic and very friendly..and I do not know the name of the guy who always works to fix something..looks like he is a pillar to this establishment :)

I have recommended this hotel to many of my friends/Collegues who come from India for their business stay and wil continue to do so ..

Home away from my home..good one ..

Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
valweb, General Manager at Residence Inn Toledo Maumee, responded to this review, 15 July 2010
Thank you so much for taking the time to let others know of your experience here. We are delighted to be your "home away from home" and become part of your extended family!
Michigan
Reviewed 27 June 2010

Wow, what can I say--new hotel, great customer service, huge rooms, CLEAN, and definitely lives up to the Marriot name. After a bad stay at the nearby Staybridge we switched to this hotel & were instantly pleased with our choice. The employees here were fabulous--they went out of their way to greet us as we passed through the hallways, were very knowledgeable when we asked any questions & did I say, FRIENDLY? The pool area is very clean & has a nice size swimming pool with a hot tub. The exercise equipment was state of the art. They had a nice outdoor patio area with a huge firepit. The rooms were gorgeous & spacious--even the kitchen area was nicely spread out & the bathrooms had ample room to move around. The area that the hotel is in has tons of choices for eating & seems to be newly developed--the city of Maumee is very pleasant with nice parks & small town appeal (even though it's right next door to all Toledo has to offer).

You can't go wrong with this choice--pick this one!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on the details of your stay with us. We are very proud of our hotel and the service that we provide, when we recieve wonderful comments from guests such as yourself we are just thrilled to share the experience! On behalf of the entire team, we would be delighted to welcome you back on your next visit to the Maumee / Toledo area!