“Comfortable Stay with Food nearby”

Staybridge Suites Toledo / Maumee
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I found the hotel to be very comfortable and relaxing, right next to a shopping center with quick access to the interstate. I was very happy to see the full kitchen with large fridge as I was staying for a week. I will be staying here for every trip to Toledo.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Alex L, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Toledo / Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

Hello Adam R.,

Thanks so much for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor. We agree that our location, amenities and the attractions with our hotel are helpful to a wide range of travelers in the area. We appeal to many families, as well as business travelers staying several nights who need to keep their daily routine intact.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 14 August 2013

I have previously written two negative reviews of this property mostly because the property wasn't being kept up well and I had trouble with housekeeping. Since October, 2012 they have had a new general manager, Alex Lindamood, who reached out to me after my last negative review. In our conversation he acknowledged the previous problems and discussed with me the positive steps he had taken to get the property back on track.

His steps have been very successful! I have stayed here twice since my negative reviews and each times I have found a well run and clean property. From my check in to check out things were very clean, people were friendly, and I enjoyed my stay.

For my most recent stay there were groups of families with preteen boys staying for a soccer tournament. This probably represents a challenge to even the most well run establishment because the hotel was full and there were lots of kids running around. The staff at the hotel did an excellent job. The public areas were kept clean and inviting the whole weekend. The front desk staff were friendly and helpful even though they were busier than usual. They are to be commended.

I would now highly recommend this property to anyone needing a place to stay in the area. The facilities are nice, the property is clean, and the location is outstanding. I am looking forward to my next visit to the area.

Room Tip: Book early! They get very busy some weekends and fill up.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mefine
Alex L, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Toledo / Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Hello mefine,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel, but most of all for giving us another chance by spending your hard earned money in our hotel. It brings me great joy to hear, when a guest who has previously stayed with us, can tell when our staff has increased their intensity and concern for making each guest satisfied with our hotel. The hotel business is a service business, and I am pleased to say that our staff is happy to be of service every day and every stay.

Thanks again for giving us another chance!

Reviewed 13 August 2013

I brought my daughter to Toledo for a music concert and chose Staybridge Suites because it was close to the concert venue. We were very pleased with our stay at Staybridge. The hotel room was spectacular. The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable and the room was very clean. The breakfast buffet was the best breakfast that I have ever had at a hotel. All of the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We were also glad to see the shopping mall right beside the hotel--bonus! We will definitely be staying at Staybridge Suites again in the very near future. Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Alex L, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Toledo / Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Thank you again for your business! We very much appreciate your time and effort noting how much you enjoyed our hotel. We are excited to have you return in the future!

Thanks,

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Hi,

We stayed in this for a week. Was on Business. I was really surprised to room(s) are as good as apartments. It has 2 rooms living and bedroom and lot of space to move around with all you are expect including full size fridge, Kitchen , dinning area, Microwave, Dishwasher. Breakfast was really good. On top of it they have complimentary dinner too (on few day of week). Only think was TV was not working but there are 2 TV's in the rooms so it was not issue and they took care of it. So I don;t want to take off any stars for this issue. I did not get chance to use Pool area but it looked good to me. Location wise, it is next to shopping mall. (Not even next to, It in Inside Shopping Mall). and few good restaurants in Mall. I would recommend this hotel for anyone. It is good for long term as well.

Overall we loved this hotel. we will go here for sure.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
AlexLindamood, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Toledo / Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2013

Hello Mandar,

Thanks so much for writing about us! We are glad you enjoyed our location and the amenities offered. You noted the breakdown of the TV in your room, we are sorry that happened, but as always we are committed to overcoming any obstacle to each of our guests having a great experience in our hotel. We hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed 9 August 2013

My family and I decided to use this hotel as an over night stop during a drive between Illinois and Washington, DC. It was a great decision. We loved the location which is next to an upscale shopping area with a PF Changs and a Granite City restaurant -- this was nice as we were able to call in a to-go order and take it to the hotel to enjoy while relaxing in the room instead of in a crowded restaurant. There's also a Starbucks right across the street at the bookstore which was great the next morning!

The hotel is really nice. I'm guessing it's a relatively newer hotel with a very cozy, upscale, "homey" feel to it. I've done a lot of traveling for work but new to the Staybridge Suites brand. I have to say, I was very impressed! If only I had known about it when I had to travel every week!

The rooms are very large and the bedroom was incredibly quiet. I've stayed in too many hotels where the noise in the hall either keeps me up or wakes me up and that wasn't the case in this hotel at all.

All in all, we felt very much at home in this hotel. It was relaxing, had a great pool area and a nice breakfast with an extensive buffet selection the next morning. We used this hotel for our family trip but it would be the perfect place to stay as a business traveler as a "home away from home." Oh -- and the laundry was free. Incredible. I've never stayed in a hotel where the wasn't a charge for doing your laundry! Just one more way they made us feel at home.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Hello CH,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our future guests. We actually have quite a few guests who stay with us while passing through on road trips. I believe our location offers great comfort after a long day of driving, and it offers the advantage of not having to get in the car again to enjoy a great dinner. Everything you need is within footsteps of our front door! Thanks again and we hope to be of service to you again in the near future!

Thanks again,

Reviewed 31 July 2013

If you are looking for a place to stay for either a business trip or just to relax, this is the JUST THE PERFECT PLACE!!! The rooms are great nice and roomy plus they include full size fridge, microwave, stove, dishwasher plus many more add-on's.The king size bed is a plus and it is so relaxing you just never want to get out of it in the morning. I have stayed at other extended stay hotels while traveling for my job and believe me this out of all of them is rated A++++++ on my list. The pool area is great and also they have a full size workout gym (not just one or two treadmills). The other great thing is that they have a laundry room which is FREE to use at anytime (that is a big plus for me). Alex and his entire staff are great plus the benefit is they are FRIENDLY!. I will say from experience that this is a great place with friendly staff and oh WAIT..... forgot about the free breakfast every morning plus the free suppers on Tue, Wed, and Thursdays plus it is great food. The only negative thing about this hotel is ....... hold on let me think about it for a sec........... NOTHING!!!! Love everything about is and is also in great location as well because it is walking distance from a outdoor mall and also rave theater which on Tuesdays is 5$ movie night for any movie which is a killer deal. It is like home away from home with the thought that once you stay you won't want to leave.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Alex L, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Toledo / Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

Hello CTFord,

Thanks so much for your time in writing such a lengthy and comprehensive review. I am sure our future guests will appreciate this as they make a decision of whether or not to choose our hotel for a trip to Toledo. I would also like to note that our associates and staff are aware that most of our guests would rather be at home, than in a hotel. We know that traveling is more often than not a stressful adventure. We feel privileged and honored that it seems we are helping our guests to overcome that stress by having a friendly staff and a clean hotel with very useful amenities. Thanks again!

Reviewed 26 July 2013

The hotel was beautiful, very clean, and the rooms were very spacious...the only exception is that we had to actually request full, regular size pillows!! The only pillows they provided was a 20x20 square pillow for a king size bed. Other than having to ask everynight for new full size pillows, it was a very nice place to stay and in a great location.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Alex L, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Toledo / Maumee, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Hello! Thank so much for taking the time to tell other about our hotel. We are glad you loved it! We work very hard to please each of our guests. I noticed that you did not favor our current pillows in the rooms. You are right, when the pillowcases are tucked, they appear to be small square pillows. We are excited to note that we are beginning to phase out all of our current bedding and replace it with new bedding, and that will also involve much better pillows. In the meantime, however, we are always happy to provide you with as many pillows as you need to be comfortable. Thanks again! Come back and see us soon!

alindamood@thmc.biz

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maumee
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo
Residence Inn Toledo Maumee
Homewood Suites by Hilton Toledo-Maumee
Hampton Inn Toledo South Maumee
Best Western Toledo South Maumee
Hilton Garden Inn Toledo Perrysburg

Been to Staybridge Suites Toledo / Maumee? Share your experiences!