“Nice clean hotel, pool had issues.”

Staybridge Suites Toledo / Maumee
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Parma, Ohio
“Nice clean hotel, pool had issues.”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Agree with most of reviews here. Very clean, great suites, sheets pop off constantly, typical free breakfast, not sound proof at all. Could hear pretty much everything including snoring from next room. Thank god for white noise app!! Pool was extremely salty and warm the first day. We kept stepping on huge salt chunks on the pool floor. Not good. Second day less salty but freezing cold water temp. Very inconsistent with pool maintenance. Overall it's a good hotel just needs to iron out some issues to be top notch.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This property is a safe bet when visiting the Maumee area.

It's clean, bright and shares the parking lot with The Shops at Fallen Timbers. At the nearby mall are several shops which include a Dillards and a huge Barnes and Noble (which serves Starbucks). Also at the mall are some great restaurants such as Granite City Food and Brewery, PF Changs and a Red Robin (and coming soon a Tilted Kilt). There's also a movie theater.

The location is a bit off the beaten path. So outside of the mall and hotel, there's nothing within walking distance. However, you're just a short car ride from the 475 interstate.

As for the hotel itself, the rooms are spacious and clean. My suite had a nice kitchen area and the heating unit ran quietly.

The front desk staff are professional, friendly and responsive.

The lounge/dining area is fantastic. It consists of a huge vaulted ceiling with a nice fireplace. It has a very nice chalet-like feel to it. From the lounge area you can walk out to a very nice enclosed patio with plenty of seating when the warm weather is around.

It has a nice pool and a spacious, well equipped gym with cardio and weight machines.

The only drawbacks I found were the following.....
- The structure itself is a bit of a plywood palace. So you can hear kids running up and down the halls from your room. As well, you can hear your neighbors pounding their feet on the floor above you.
- The WIFI is slow. I was using my iPad in the lounge and was constantly dropping connection.

Outside of this, the property is very nice and provides a good venue for business travelers.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JourneyThruTheLens
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I loved my room, the breakfast is a great way to start your day. I have stayed here before and will stay again.

Minor issues:
1. there is no fan or window in the bathroom, so when you do your business, it can stink up your room, not sure how this is allowed, in a house you must have a fan or a window to pass code. Maybe there's some kind of vent that I didn't see? Careful courtesy flushing can avoid this issue, or perhaps eating vegetarian - haha.

2. the wireless is quite slow, ran speedtest.net which showed just under 1MB for upload and download speed. Called the front desk, was quickly connected with support who confirmed after some research that 1 MB per guest is the service level the hotel has purchased. Called the front desk to tell them so they would know this answer for next time, and they allowed me to connect to some other network which had a password. I don't want to get anyone in trouble, but this was FANTASTIC and saved my week! I worked from the hotel most of each day and getting from 1 MB internet up to 10 MB internet made it possible for me to connect to my clients systems and do my work! They got me to 10MB download/1MB upload which was good enough. At home I have 57MB down and 11 MB upload speeds, so still this is a pretty weak connection for a business. If you need to actually WORK from the hotel, make sure you ask!

3. the HVAC was tremendously loud and ran periodically even when I switched the thermostat to OFF. I didn't ask for help with this, I didn't think of turning it off until the final night there. It may have been turning on to prevent the unit from freezing as it was very cold out, and I know heat pumps must sometimes run backwards to prevent themselves from freezing and failing. Hotel units have been keeping me up for the past few years, not a complaint for this hotel really, just life in hotels, we all want serious heat/AC, it comes with the cost of noise. I should have just turned to fan from AUTO to ON so I'd have had constant sound to sleep to.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I only stayed one night. Upon arrival check in was fast and the guy working the counter was nice. Common ways were nice and clean. Room was adequate and clean. Previous reviewers have noted sheets and pillows. Yes the sheets are a little rough feeling and the pillows standard hotel softies. Towels cheap white towels. But then this is not an expensive resort and I don't expect my personal preferences to be in a hotel room. Overall its what I expected. Nothing was terrible not did anything blow me away. The room was in good condition and well cleaned. Well cleaned for me, is top priority.

Large room with small kitchen area, typical Staybridge layout. Hotel is right beside a large shopping center. Easy highway access.

Breakfast was again typical. Ham (steamed wet ham) and eggs. Bonus for fruit being available. As usual there was a group of way to large people making sure they stuffed as much in themselves as possible. This is why the breakfast is never that great. unfortunately these folks will abuse it and no business can afford this.

Free WIFI. Snacks, water etc available at rather inflated prices.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Melissa S, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Toledo / Maumee, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for your review, Lashing! Our team is very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We understand that a clean room is a top priority for travelers and pride ourselves on keeping our rooms fresh and clean for all of our guests! We hope to see you during your next trip to the Maumee area!
Celina, Ohio
Reviewed 25 February 2014

Staybridge Suites Maumee was a GREAT place for us to hold our family reunion. The pool was great for the kids. They allowed us to order pizza and hang out in the 'lobby' area. The staff were incredibly nice and helpful, and the entire place was clean! We will definitely be returning!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank LmarieM2014
GMStaybridge, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Toledo / Maumee, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Thank You so much for your review LmarieM2014!! We are so happy your family enjoyed our facility for your family reunion as we enjoyed having you. We always want our guests to know that no matter what the occasion we are always here to make sure everything you need to have a great time is within your grasp. Hope to see you next year for another wonderful family reunion.
Wadsworth, Ohio
Reviewed 16 February 2014

The property was what was expected in a hotel of this class. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. The pillows were a little soft for my taste, but were typical hotel pillows.It was a nice quiet room. Breakfast was a little better than most hotels, not Embassy Suites quality, but good. Actually my son liked this better because of the tortillas and soft drinks that were available. Overall a 3.5 star rating. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Toledo / Maumee, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear TrueStars119,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I found myself traveling with a sick pet. I was so happy to find such an upscale quality in a pet friendly hotel. I have stayed in many hotels in the area, but never this one.

The hotel was simply gorgeous! The decor was VERY nice and SUPER clean, and the beds were super comfy. Nice linens and amenities as well. A full kitchen, two TV's in each suite with a separate living room area. Felt just like HOME!

The staff really goes out of their way to be friendly and helpful.

They do have a managers reception during a few days of the week. Drinks and various food items were available.

There is only two things that I could complain about. One, the people staying in the room above me must have had some unruly children as the stomping noise going on all evening was almost unbearable. I choose to deal with it and not call the front desk. By 11pm it was quiet so they didn't affect sleeping. The second would be location. It is near a very nice mall....but the area hasn't been built up too much yet so one thinks they are staying in the boonies. Best to call the hotel and get an alternate address for GPS purposes as the one listed on their booking website won't lead you to their location properly.

When I find myself back in the area, there is only ONE place I would choose...THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear prettipinkprincess68, I am so glad you are so enthusiastic about our hotel, we take great pride in keeping all of our decor,rooms, and amenities in excellent condition. Our awesome staff is always here to help you with anything you need and it is wonderful to know you had a lovely time at our hotel and everything we have to offer. As for our location it is an up and coming area that is actually going to expand here soon with more stores and things to do. Hope to see you very soon!