“Ugh, don't bother”

Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Montrose, Pennsylvania
“Ugh, don't bother”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Okay, we had a coupon for $29.95 per room and it did keep us warm and dry overnight. Otherwise, the carpet was stained in numerous places, there was a wheat chex on the floor, and bare light bulbs with no cover over them in the bathroom. Our room had a full sized fridg which had been removed, so there was a gaping hole in the wall with wires protruding. The advertised continental breakfast did not exist. No coffee was made, nor were there any signs of staff people who were about to make coffee. We didn't see any bowls or spoons for the cereal, nor were there any lights on. No one was at the counter upon checking out.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jktran

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Reviewed 16 April 2013

The people complaining have standards that are way too high for their budget, I suspect. For 40.86 I got a clean room with no bugs (really my biggest concern with motels - I check the beds and will leave and get a refund if I see signs), parked in a well lit parking lot right in front of the room in a part of town that wasn't shady or seemingly dangerous (basically a commercial area), a 36 inch flat screen tv, comfortable enough beds with clean sheets, a non-smoking room that didn't smell like smoke, a working refrigerator, a shower that didn't lose hot water even though I spent well over 15 minutes in it, and a friendly dude at the check-in desk. I'm writing this before bed for the night, so I can not attest to how the breakfast is, but for 40 bucks a night I am not really concerned. For those who drink there's a sports bar within walking distance. I went for food and they stopped serving food at 10 so I left since I don't drink and I got something at the friendly's which serves food til 11pm weekdays and midnight weekends. To make a long(ish) story short, for 40 bucks you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Rob C
SunnyBudgetMaumee, General Manager at Budget Inn Toledo-Maumee, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am ecstatic that you had a great experience, which we strive for. We are proud to be the best value in town and are happy to share our HOT Water with you! Thanks for choosing the Budget Inn Toledo-Maumee and we hope to see you again in the future.
Fresno, California
Reviewed 26 December 2012

I don't have such a high standard about this type of cheap motel. I got exactly what I paid. Wifi works well. Floor and bed seem OK. The ventilation in the shower was broken. Telephone is an old washed out push button type but I didn't care since I didn't need it. Heater kept room warm but dried out entire room. It's a fair deal.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased that you stayed with us on your visit to Maumee, Ohio, although we are cheap compared to other hotels we do not skimp on service and amenities and provide everything and more you would expect at economy hotel. After your visit the maintenance was notified about the ventilation and has been resolved. Come back and check us out and we will show you why we are the best budget in town!
Westerly, Rhode Island
Reviewed 24 December 2012

To start, it was a cheap price. That is about the only thing going for it. There was an elderly man walking around the property who almost walked into our room when we were unloaded the car next to our room on the bottom floor. Second, I'm pretty sure there was a prostitute hanging out in the parking lot. I'll agree with a previous review about the breakfast. It is old pastries, nothing hot. The room needed to be vacuumed, and there was a chunk missing from the bathroom door, so it could open and close. Luckily, we only needed to stay a night here.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
SunnyBudgetMaumee, Manager at Budget Inn Toledo-Maumee, responded to this review, 29 December 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am truly sorry for your less than expected stay we continually strive to provide the best accommodation at the best price. I am also sorry to hear that another guest almost walked in your room. Guest safety is very important and that is why we have security in place. While we do not include a hot breakfast our selection of breakfast items are never kept after expiration or sell by date to ensure freshness. We hope to see you again soon in the future. Thanks again!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 September 2012

The only good thing about this place was the price. We were in the area to visit friends, and not knowing anything about the Toledo/Maumee area, we chose this place based on price and what Expedia said they offered. The room was a far cry from clean, no shampoo, no coffee maker in room. Expedia listed full breakfast buffet, breakfast was non existant, no coffee available in lobby either. Would chose another place, several others in area with better prices.

Room Tip: Poor quality rooms at this location
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Amanda J
SunnyBudgetMaumee, General Manager at Budget Inn Toledo-Maumee, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
I am sorry that your guest experience was less than memorable, we strive to provide the best service and rooms and the best price at the same time. Unfortunately we do not have coffee makers in the rooms, but we do have complimentary coffee in the lobby all day and we have also have a complimentary breakfast in the morning, also located in the lobby. If you had asked any of our hotel staff, or me as I was on hand, we could have gladly directed you to the breakfast area without hesitation.
Reviewed 31 August 2012

After driving straight from Chicago, we were just happy to have a room. At $40/night it was hard to beat, and being really close to the highway made it easy to find. Not the cleanest rooms, buy we did not find any bed bugs either.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for your review we value all of our guests opinions and are pleased you had a great stay. We strive to provide the cleanest room possible and we will continually improve to make sure each of our guests have a clean and comfortable room. We hope to see you again in the future.
Provincetown, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 June 2012

As always, pet friendly is the priority. This was an OK stop, but I would explore other options should I find myself staying in Maumee again. The room was non discript but adequate and fairly clean. It was also pretty quiet. The staff was friendly and very helpful.
The breakfast that morning was non existent! There were some dounuts and I had to wait for the coffe to be made, though I showed up when breakfast should have been ready. It took a couple knocks to get someone from the back.
Good location with plenty of food options and a great grocery store (Meijers) to restock for the trip.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank CATTSAR
SunnyBudgetMaumee, General Manager at Budget Inn Toledo-Maumee, responded to this review, 4 June 2012
Thank you for your response we like to hear from all of our guests to help us improve and ensure a better stay for your next trip. I am happy that cleanliness and customer service were on par with your standards as we highly value those two attributes at The Budget Inn Toledo-Maumee. I am also sorry to hear that the breakfast was inadequate for you. Being the best priced hotel in the area our breakfast includes; donuts, coffee, cereal, milk, orange juice, bread, and toast, while some of our competitors, who also have much higher rates, do not offer breakfast at all. I do hope to see you soon again and if you may have any other questions please feel free to call me at (419)794-7757.

Sincerely