See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 August 2018

We pulled in and the place looked OK from the outside. Decided to talk to the front desk about a room and on the way we spoke with a guest about the rooms. He said they were OK and he would recommend them. We registered for one week and was given a key for the room. Upon entering we noticed the front door had been sealed with duct tape (no weatherstripping) which alarmed us. We looked around and thought the room would work for us. Went into the bathroom and the toilet seat was broken and unusable. I was able to fix that (yuk!) in a few minutes. The first night we noticed the faucet handle was broken off, a light fixture was hanging from the wall, there were cobwebs hanging off the ceiling and many electrical outlets were dead. We put notes throughout the room in hopes the staff would repair these the next day. Never happened and still upon checkout (six night stay) they never repaired anything. The recliner chair in the room had stuffing hanging out all over it and was broken. We were not given a layout of the hotel at check in so we asked later where the ice machine was located and they were very nasty with their response. Went down for breakfast and it was putrid. The pastries had to be days old and the coffee was undrinkable. The motel grounds were littered with trash and piles of old lumber in spots. All the staff were from overseas and just a few spoke English with many actually living in the motel rooms. It was hard to communicate with some of them. Besides the cobwebs the room was basically clean. Wi fi worked well. Room 202. Pictures attached/

Room Tip: Room 202 was very bad/
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here twice this summer on two different occasions, on my through both times. We received two different rooms and they were completely opposite of each other. I can see why there are mixed reviews.
One room was a very nice average room with more modern decor and nicer overall feel to it. The other room was more outdated and didn't seem as clean as the other room. They were both literally a few doors down from each other - but so different in quality.
I will say this, the pricing I got for both separate nights through hotels.com were exceptionally low. Less than $50 a night before taxes. Given that, it might be worth the gamble on getting a better room.
The breakfast, on the other hand, was a joke. They only put out two of each item and replace them once the first ones are taken (cheap owners, I'm guessing). My two boys and I went down there and there were two muffins and two packaged honeybun pastries to choose from (while the front desk mgr watched over us intently to make sure we were not taking too much, I assume). Kind of stingy there - not even enough for us to work with.

I travel extensively with my job and use TripAdvisor all the time. As a result I return my due diligence to the community by reporting on EVERY hotel I stay in - both good and bad. It's my way of giving back to this wonderful community of travelers.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank FunnyFisher
Reviewed 27 July 2016

Checked in and out in less than 10 minutes. The rooms look nothing like the pictures. Bathroom ceiling had a large open hole, mold on the tub/shower curtain. Holes in the bed spreads and it looked like nothing had ever been wiped down. DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2016

I can only write about my experience with Room 119. It was a nice room with a mounted TV, comfortable queen size bed with shower, fridge & microwave along with a desk. Nice hardwood floors and a overall clean experience. The mounted HD TV and full cable was a nice bonus during my two day stay.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 October 2015

I made reservation here room 114 was horrible in front of the room was wires sticking loosely out of the ground kids could trip get electrocuted or whatever. walked in it was dirty, holes in the walls, the bathroom door didn't shut the toilet was broken there was smashed bugs on the walls. the hair dryer had springs coming out of it laying on the counter. duck tape on the windows the shower head was coming out of the wall and to top it all off when I said we were not staying there ended up killing a roach on the wall in the bathroom it was so gross and unsafe for kids. would not stay there or recommend it to anyone. when I went to get my money back the guy didn't want to give my money back even after I showed him the pictures I had to call my brother to come down there. then I get home and get an email from booking .com saying they charged me a cancelation fee because of 44.96 because budgett inn told them I never arrived that day.

Room Tip: would not stay at the budget in in Maumee ohio
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family