“Nice Hotel, Great Staff!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Reviewed 11 September 2012

Hotel is very nice and rooms are spacious and very modern. They have free cookies along with coffee and water upon entering the hotel. The rooms are very nice, very clean. The breakfast area is large and they had a good variety. Staff is very friendly and do their best to make your stay more enjoyable. The only bad thing about the hotel is that the hot tub was very very hot, moreso than any other hotel we have ever been to. Other than that, our stay was excellent.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo

Reviewed 29 August 2012 via mobile

I snagged this deal through Priceline and I was not disappointed. I checked in on a Thursday and was first optioned for a king size smoking room. I opted for 2 queens non smoking which the front desk had no problem with. The lobby looked real cozy with coffee and cookies, a lending library, a computer workstation and some comfy chairs.

Access to the elevator you pass by the swimming pool and jacuzzi room. The pool is a bit smaller than the last hotel I stayed in though there were plenty of towels and chairs to unwind in. The other way leads to a fitness room with 2 treadmills, a step climber machine, free weights, tv, water cooler and some towels. There's a few vending machines which has snacks and cold drinks enroute to the elevator.

My room was at the end of the hallway on the 3rd floor. Upon entering I noticed there was an extra pillow sitting on top of the hangers (I think it was for people who were allergic to down). The beds were neat and soft...3 pillows for each bed worked well for me and my guest. Air conditioning was working well as it kept the room cold. The working desk has a few outlets at table level so you could hook up your laptop computer without problems. There is free wi fi but its not a strong signal in the room I was staying in. The chair doesnt give much wiggle room as its close to one of the bed ends. Big size swivel tv set and inside the cabinet doors (which I found out a day later) houses a microwave and a micro refrigerator !!!

The hotel also offered a list of nearby restaurants and discounts if you show your hotel key. (10% in most). The front of the hotel has a porch which you could sit back and relax or have a smoke. The back of the hotel has a picnic table. Spacious parking and if I remember right is just off the major highway.

They do have a daily breakfast that start at 6:30am on weekdays and from 7am to 10am on weekends. The menu changes 6 days a week. Breakfast room was decent size and the standard fare of breakfast food was available. Eggs, sasuage, waffles, cold cereal, juices , milk..etc. In the lobby there's the coffee pots and yes cookies available. There's also a basket full of tootsie roll candy a bit past the front desk.

I would stay again without question.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 27 August 2012

We stayed at the Country Inn & Suites in Maumee on Saturday night 8/25.
Check in was eay and friendly!(Go Blair) The rooms were clean, the air worked great, bathrooms are clean, shower left a little to be desired. The hotel was full of kids there for a soccer tournament, and surprisingly it was fairly quiet.

The only reason not to give 5 stars was the breakfast area. The area was quite small, and didn't have nearly enough tables for people to sit. They ran out of silverware and glasses. The food was good (sausage gravy especially).

All in all, I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Stayed here for one night on the way from Illinois to Pennsylvania. It's about a 5 minute drive off of I-80 but there are lots of restaurants/stores in the area.

Overall, the hotel was a good choice. Room had a microwave and refridgerator. The room was clean, however, when we crawled into bed, the mattress had a weird musty smell to it. The sheets and mattress looked clean but the smell was disturbing.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Lobby very welcoming. Room clean and beds very comfortable with memory foam. Nice pool with small workout room. Breakfast was excellent. Scrambled eggs , sausage waffles oatmeal yogurt bagels Danishes and muffins. Would look for a Country Inn again

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Bottom-line: Modern hotel; Clean; Indoor Pool & fitness center; Easy to locate; Restaurants, gas stations and entertainment in the area; Quiet accommodations; Close to Interstates 90 & 475. I would most definitely stay here again.

Check-in/check-out were quick and efficient. Room was clean. Included a fridge. Hotel has only one, very small elevator (but this did not prove problematic). Breakfast area filled up quickly, as it does at most hotels. Served scrambled eggs and sausage on this date. Hot breakfast and hot coffee; what else do you need? The hotel was to have fresh cookies available in the lobby, but I never saw any.

One and only one complaint - they gave me a different room configuration than what I reserved, and this change was not discussed with me at the time of check-in. In the end, we were very happy with the room; just caused some confusion on our part. I don't know if it was a mistake, or if they intentionally changed our room configuration. It all worked out, but could have been a mess had I not been okay with the change.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2012

We were there for a funeral in May. We arrived at 2 in the morning. The front desk lady was very efficient and kind as were all the other staff members throughout our 2 night stay. I have trouble remembering everything because it's been two months since we've been there, but we will be staying there on our next visit. The whole place was very clean and comfortable, they had a library in front which was a nice touch. My husband tried the fitness room, it was clean and modern but very basic and small, and the air freshener smell triggered his allergies, we thought it was silly of them to have so much fragrance in a gym area. The pool looked very appealing and maintained however, we would have swam for sure had our personal circumstances been different. Our room was spacious, and the bedding was excellent as were the pillows. They stocked extra blankets and pillows and the bathroom was spotless and modern. There was no restaurant and the location scenery was boring, but we wanted to be close to the highway anyhow. What sealed the deal for us was that it was far enough away that you couldn't here the loud highway traffic, like at some of the hotels on the next exit. I'd recommend this place if you want an affordable, comfortable and reliable experience. The staff are very professional and pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business