“Disappointed”

Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Maumee
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I booked a room for one night. Upon arrival I was told I had 1 bed and it was a handicap room. I booked a regular room with two beds. I wasn't traveling alone so we requested a rollaway - they didn't have any and the hotel was fully booked so we were stuck with this room. It is located right next to the pool on the first floor so there was a lot of traffic and noise all hours of the night right outside the room. They also had me with a Government rate which would not apply to us. I was basically told that I was getting a huge discount so get over it. I would have paid the additional $20 extra for 2 beds and a shower at the Marriott next door.

The breakfast wasn't very good but the woman working it was very helpful and friendly. The biscuits were dry and they served chicken patties which I found odd.

On a positive note, the room was clean and the location was very good.

This was my first, and last time staying at a Country Inn & Suites.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
ToledoCIS_GM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Toledo, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
I am so sorry that your stay with us was less than satisfactory. It appears that we definitely lacked when it came to accommodating our guest needs. I have reviewed with my staff all of your comments and concerns and how important it is to go above and beyond to assist our guest. . In addition, we are re-evaluating our reservation process, and going over our breakfast inventory to see if we can make better selections. Again, we are terribly sorry that your experience with Country Inn & Suites was not a good one, but invite you to give us another try. We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in the hope that upon your next visit we can exceed your expectations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 9 April 2013

While driving from NY to MI, or MI to NY, to visit family we would always drive straight through. Well, one time we didn't and we stayed at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson. And now... we never drive straight through. We has such an awesome experience that first time that now we always make a point to spend a night on our trip and we've never been disappointed! What's so great about it? Well, first of all, the rates are very competitive. But, you get more than your money's worth. The rooms are clean, inviting, and comfortable. The breakfast is hot, fresh, and and you get lots of choices. It's just perfect place to relax, whether you're on a road trip or you just need a night away. I can't make a higher recommendation!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Tom C
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 April 2013

First time we stayed at a Country Inn & suites by Carlson. Room was clean, beds comfortable. However, mattress was a little too soft. Having a refrigerator is always a plus. The best was having real dinnerware for breakfast. I am so very tired of plastic dishes, utensils, glasses and coffee cups. Not here, you get the real deal!!! It made me realize how much I miss it. Thank you!!!

1 Thank tom a
Iron Mountain, Michigan
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We had had a terrible experience at a Country Inn & Suites a year ago. As a result, Carlson offered us a voucher for a free night. As we were traveling to Tennessee, we decided to make the half way stop in Maumee, OH and use the voucher. Our confidence in the Country Inn & Suites was restored. The beds were comfortable, the breakfast very good, the staff friendly and very helpful. We stayed again, on our return home and will again for future trips south.

Indianapolis< IN
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I had a very pleasant stay at the Country Inn. The front desk clerk was friendly and accommodating. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I dropped a pen behind the nightstand and thought I'd find dust and dirt but it had recently been cleaned and vacuumed.
The room had all updated amenities such a refrigerator, microwave and LCD TV. The room had a good size bathroom even though it was not a suite.
There was a good selection of items in the complimentary breakfast buffet and there are plenty of restaurants close by.
I definitely would stay at the Country Inn next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank NovTraveler01
Oxford, Michigan
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Stayed overnight with my sisters, Mom, Aunt and cousin for a girls weekend! It's a great location...close to Hollywood Casino and not far from downtown Toledo either. The bed was extremely comfortable and the rooms were fine. The bathroom could have been a bit cleaner as there were marks on the the door that should have been cleaned. The breakfast was nice, a good variety of hot and cold choices...scrambled eggs and sausage or a Belgian waffle to fruit and yogurt or cold cereal. The cookies on arrival was also a nice touch.

1 Thank Leslie K
LaSalle, Canada
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I read the reviews and decided that the Country Inn would be worth a try and I'm very glad we did. A very well maintained and clean facility with friendly staff. We typically stay at 3+ star rated places, but the Country Inn did not disappoint. Everything is so close by as well. The Toledo Zoo is a quick 15 minute drive and restaurant wise, there are all types within walking distance. I would definitely recommend to my friends and family and we intend on returning to the area and the Country Inn.

Room Tip: We had an end room 237. Extremely quiet, and the beds were perfect. We actually slept with the win...